• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Don't get greedy

aoldizzyTIM

Hope this game don't go down because they get so greedy for money. I have seen 2 good games end because of this. These companies just don't get it
offer something special once in a while at a great price. 3,000 players buying a special deal at $5.99 is a lot better than 300 or so buying a deal for $19.99
or something along them lines. Do this a couple times a month.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's always been like this here and they're doing fine ($200,000,000 in revenues)
They rely a lot on "whales" who spend thousands even tens of thousands in a year.

Sure, you and I think they'd be better off selling thousands of cheaper pixels, but the whales won't like that because it makes their purchases less special.

Note: nothing against big spenders, like I said they pay for the development and maintenance of the game.

Iyapo1

These companies just don't get it
offer something special once in a while at a great price. 3,000 players buying a special deal at $5.99 is a lot better than 300 or so buying a deal for $19.99
or something along them lines.
Inno seems to be attempting to get every single player to drop 4.99 every now and then.

The longer you play without spending the better discounts inno will offer. It seems offering really good discounts to elicit occasional spending from each individual player AND charging insanely for everything else is working out very well for them.

SoggyShorts

The longer you play without spending the better discounts inno will offer.
It might be capped at +200%, that's the best they've offered me. So $80 USD for 33,000 diamonds.
Inno seems to be attempting to get every single player to drop 4.99 every now and then.
The little purchases are certainly a factor in revenue. Anecdotally it seems like the +1 widget buildings each event are very popular.

Like being a waiter I guess: those little part-time-minimum-wage paychecks certainly help, but it's the fat tip from the high-roller that makes your day:)

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

For some reason this game does not make me want to spend money on it, now I will drop some cash on it when i get a nice 100% or 200% diamond offer but they happen so rarely for me.

I have no problem spending cash on other games, like this one game I started 3 months ago and am already $2200 into it..

But the difference could be Elvenar is old to me while I was excited about the new game? dunno.

Or

It could be I'm still upset about the "Gone Forever" crap that INNO pulled during the Summer Solstice :mad:

SoggyShorts

For some reason this game does not make me want to spend money on it
I can't bring myself to spend on a F2P game that has P2W aspects.
I would have to buy the most efficient diamond package which is the 11,000 one +200% and that is just way too many diamonds for me to find any challenge left in the game.
When I left for a year I made sure to place all 150 wishing wells so that they'd be burnt out if I ever came back. Some part of me regrets it once in a while since it was clearly wasteful, but the truth is I'd be bored as heck if I could skip the few challenges the game provides.

This thread reminds me though, I need to cancel out WoW subscriptions since we haven't played in months. How's that for efficiency? o_O
It could be I'm still upset about the "Gone Forever" crap that INNO pulled during the Summer Solstice :mad:
Was that the "Get your one-of-a-kind Venar's III before it's gone forever"? I have a dozen of those on each account...

Gath Of Baal

Was that the "Get your one-of-a-kind Venar's III before it's gone forever"? I have a dozen of those on each account...

No it was the Father Tree from the Summer Solstice, at that time I had been playing for a little over 1 year and was not a forum member yet, until INNO pulled that mess, and was the whole reason I joined this forum was to complain about the "Gone Forever" Father Tree when it showed back up as a prize during the very next event.

This thread reminds me though, I need to cancel out WoW subscriptions since we haven't played in months. How's that for efficiency? o_O

HaHa yeah but with Blizzard if you have not played a character for a certain time period and someone else on the same world decides to try and use that name to make a character, your character is deleted, so its always a good thing with Blizzard to keep a subscription going