• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Double Sprouts

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It did have a countdown timer, but it was also confusing that it started in the middle of the day.

Risen Malchiah

I agree there should be an announcement when it happens, but when the server reset last night (6pm Eastern for me) I didn't see an announcement, but the deal timer popped up in the top right. When I clicked it to see what it was, it took me to the prize window and I saw the bonus sprouts under each chest.

I suggest checking every day just in case, if only to see what daily prize is offered.

DeletedUser7421

It would be interesting to hear how many people win the 3rd grand prize using the double sprout days only, with no extra sprout purchases - and which other daily prizes they won.

I doubt any of the double sprout days will land on any of the 'best' daily prizes - so it looks like it's a choice of trying for the best daily prizes (using the largest nutshell) OR trying for the 3rd grand prize (using the smallest nutshell) on the double sprout days only and foregoing trying to win any of the other 'best' daily building prizes.

*Edit*
I personally decided to go for the highest culture per square daily prizes, with the goal of reducing the square footage of my culture patch so that I can build and upgrade a few more houses. (won 4 branchwood nuts, and holding out for the flourishing nut cave next).

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, I thought of that too. I'd really like to go for some mana buildings, but I don't think I'll be able to do that and go for the 3rd grand prize unless they happen to fall on a double sprout day.

For you Juliandra, that may be a good strategy, but I wouldn't ignore a decent pop/culture building though. Those really help to reduce the need to build as many residences.

DeletedUser7421

The issue I'm having with culture-population buildings is that fairly quickly the culture is so outdated that it's less than useless - but it hurts to sell it off due to the reliance on the population it provides (also less per square than a permanent house).

DeletedUser1036

Actually just noticed it is double sprouts day on Beta with 9 hours left as of this post

DeletedUser3468

I didn't realize that there was a countdown timer for the double sprouts. With all the special deals they do for diamonds, etc. I though the timer was for something like that and I just hadn't seen the notice. :confused: Now that I know what it was for, I'll be looking out for it on the next double sprout day.

DeletedUser7421

If the double sprout days can make it possible to win the 3rd grand prize without diamonds, I hope they do it for the next big event also. I'd sure like to try for it next time around!

DeletedUser1996

If the double sprout days can make it possible to win the 3rd grand prize without diamonds, I hope they do it for the next big event also. I'd sure like to try for it next time around!
Me Too - we`ll see , but I won`t hold me breath. :p

DeletedUser10008

I had completed the event when the double sprouts day came up. I cashed in all the hazelnuts on the 140 count (what isn't needed for opening a chest carries over to the next chest) and got all the way thru, with 30 left to open the third chest. Of course, that is also getting the extra hazelnuts sometimes too!

Risen Malchiah

@dirtydokken Can you tell me do you need to unlock the first prize before the 2nd unlocks and so forth? Or will it simply show up as unlocked and ready to collect when you reach the hidden amount? I'd love to be able to have the 2nd and 3rd redeemable but not collect until the next chapter.

DeletedUser10008

Yes, it does have you unlock and collect them automatically!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It won't show you if you have unlocked the second chest until you collect the first one, but it does continue to accumulate, you just can't see your progress. You can collect all your sprouts without collecting any of the grand prizes, then take each one in turn when you are ready.

DeletedUser8187

Thats what happens when I don't visit the forum. Missed the double sprouts day/hours. Didn't see any email/announcement on my game screen.
Hopefully there will be another one later on. :(

DeletedUser7421

I personally decided to go for the highest culture per square daily prizes, with the goal of reducing the square footage of my culture patch so that I can build and upgrade a few more houses. (won 4 branchwood nuts, and holding out for the flourishing nut cave next).

I've revised my plan.

Thanks to the hazeltown, I've decided to increase my culture patch by 14 squares instead of reducing it - to make room for 3 hazeltowns with beautifully balanced population and culture.

...Still going after 2 flourishing nut caves as well - to fill up my culture patch.

...That leaves me with a 3x3 open spot - perfect spot for a squirrel square. (Fingers crossed)

-->They all fit together like a perfect puzzle (diagram already drawn up).

**Edit**
In addition to expanding my culture spot 14 squares, to make room for the new - it's also out with the old. I had to toss 2 old event buildings into the trash already - and 8 more cued to go :)

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Well, today is another double sprouts day, so here's an update with my 2 cities:

Elven city, all quests complete, 3rd grand prize unlocked, 80 nuts left.
Human city, all quests complete, 745/800 on the 3rd grand prize, 9 nuts left.

So it is NOT guaranteed completely, though I still have about two weeks of daily quests and nut foraging to make up those missing sprouts. I did gamble a few times on the sawmill for both cities, but maybe 3-4 rolls for each.

So you can go for the 3 grand prizes, but you sacrifice your chance to get most everything else. On the other hand, you come away with TONS of instants. I am utterly buried in them and must resist the urge to make every upgrade instant so I don't become reliant on them. :)

DeletedUser7370

@Risen Malchiah I expect they will do 1 more double sprouts day, but I doubt it would be right at the end. You shouldn't have too much trouble winning the 3rd on your human city. I might have trouble winning it on my city because I went quite a bit over my target numbers to get 5 Squirrel Squares. However I am having trouble figuring any layout in which getting the 3rd GP benefits me in my current chapter...so I am not concerned either way.