• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

downloadable city status for diamonds

DeletedUser2001

I would definitely cough up a few diamonds if you would provide a downloadable file listing stats for my city. It would be awesome if I could get a breakdown of my city in a CSV file including things like:

1)Total area
2)area occupied by residential buildings
3)area occupied by manufactories
4)area occupied by cultural buildings
5)area occupied by roads
6)average culture/cultural area
7)average employed pop/manufactory area
8)# battles won vs # encounters negotiated
9)Total of each good manufactured since start
10)Start date
11)Goods spent on negotiations
12)goods spent on upgrades
13)Total units lost in battle

etc. etc. etc.

I think you could make a lot of money off OCD folks like myself who would like to import this type of data into a spreadsheet and analyze our progress. Who knows how many times I'd actually pay to get fresh updates.

DeletedUser61

As a related concept, the folks in the Builders Hut probably have some plan view drawings and some planning documents, don't cha think?

DeletedUser828

Seems like you can look at your city and figure all that out~o_O

DeletedUser2001

Seems like you can look at your city and figure all that out~o_O
Yes you certainly can, and I do. But when your city gets huge, like yours, it take quite a while. Why don't you try it? About an hour for me, and there are always errors it takes a long time to track down. I'd spend a diamond or two to get that hour of my life back. If you want to do it yourself, you don't have to pay. I wasn't saying you can't do it yourself.

DeletedUser828

I guess I am not that overly anal about what takes up how much space, or how many goods I use in negotiations, but if I were I suppose I would make up a spread sheet and enter the information in as I used it.

DeletedUser2001

I guess I am not that overly anal about what takes up how much space, or how many goods I use in negotiations, but if I were I suppose I would make up a spread sheet and enter the information in as I used it.
Like I said, just try it and you'll see how long it takes. Your city isn't growing anymore and doesn't change much. People with ever growing cities would spend hours updating their spreadsheet (which I do, and it's a huge spreadsheet, calculating all sorts of inter-relationships between the variables and graphing them out, showing how they change over time). Just try counting the roads. Updating the spreadsheet every time you click to upgrade a building and alter it's footprint or participate in a battle would be very labor intensive, I'd end up editing it 50 times a day. You clearly have no clue. Spending a diamond once a week and getting all the data at once would be wonderful. Obviously, this feature would not be useful for a stagnant city like yours. It's a trivial thing for Inno to extract the info from their database, and they might make some money off it.

DeletedUser828

See as I said I am not that anal, I do not wish to try it not even on the cites I am still able to upgrade. It seems like an immense waste of time . time spent enjoying other things, like real life :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2001

See as I said I am not that anal, I do not wish to try it not even on the cites I am still able to upgrade. It seems like an immense waste of time . time spent enjoying other things, like real life :rolleyes:
I see, playing this game is not a waste of time, but actually challenging your mind, using your math skills (if any), and furthering your understanding of complex systems, chaos theory, and time-evolving interdependent variables is? Wow, I had it wrong all this time. I need to go back to candy crush I guess. See you there!

DeletedUser61

complex systems, chaos theory, and time-evolving interdependent variables
That's mean - but I like it. :p

Lorenz discovered the strange attractor notion and coined the term butterfly effect.

Strange Attractor.png

http://www.ace.gatech.edu/experiments2/2413/lorenz/fall02/

Most of our production cycles have strange attractors, and the flat-topped hexagon that fills the global map is clearly an emergent pattern. The folks who are chasing exact solutions aren't going to find them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser828

Math skills , if I have any....really. I just don't find it necessary to count every single road I lay , or how many squares are dedicated to work shops and other buildings. It's game, I use my math skills every day I work. This game is not my job. Innogames could dedicate the time making something useful for all players and concentrate on up-gradable updates. Since you are a math whiz and want your mind challenged do it all for yourself instead of asking for someone to do it for you ;)