• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elite Archer II

sam767

My impression is that it makes the Dryad redundant and the Ranger unless you need the extra space for the move.
Is this impression accurate?

The Unbeliever

Not the Ranger , it is far better at 2* then my 3* archers
The OP is talking about the new 4* Archer that comes with the newest Ch18 research.

While the 4* Archer may currently out preform even the 3* Ranger (which I highly doubt, unless Mr. Archer picked up a counter-attack trait as well the slight stat boost), it will only be a temporary fix...
Once the Dryad & especially the Ranger get their 4* upgrades, the Archer (and of course the Human Xbowman), will revert back to the dumpster that is the basic Barracks units position. :p

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The OP is talking about the new 4* Archer that comes with the newest Ch18 research.

While the 4* Archer may currently out preform even the 3* Ranger (which I highly doubt, unless Mr. Archer picked up a counter-attack trait as well the slight stat boost), it will only be a temporary fix...
Once the Dryad & especially the Ranger get their 4* upgrades, the Archer (and of course the Human Xbowman), will revert back to the dumpster that is the basic Barracks units position. :p
First of all, I don't think it is quite fair to compare the Archer to Crossbowmen. The Archer is clearly better. I play both human and elf, so I am ready to die on this hill. LOL. 2nd of all, it took 15 chapters to dole out all the 3 star promotions for every unit. Then they took a 2 chapter break where no promotions were given at all. Now they have grudgingly given out a few 4 star promotions in chapter 18. It seems they only do about 1 new chapter every year. And at the rate they seem to be introducing 4 star promotions, it could take 4 or 5 more chapters to get them all. So it could take *YEARS* before 4 star ranger or dryad promotions become available. Those 4 star Archers might be better than you first think.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It seems they only do about 1 new chapter every year.

A new chapter is added about every 6 months, with only one or two exceptions, never one per year.

And at the rate they seem to be introducing 4 star promotions, it could take 4 or 5 more chapters to get them all.

15 troops types evenly divide by 3 to get 5 batches, so 5 total chapters to get them all is expected by folks on Beta. With a small chance of 3 in chapter 18 and then 4 per chapter, for 15 total after chapter 21.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
A new chapter is added about every 6 months, with only one or two exceptions, never one per year.
Good. Cause right now I am sitting at the very start of chapter 16 and it is hard to see a reason why I should keep going from a tournament/spire perspective. If new chapters come on more quickly than I anticipate and they add new unit promotions, then maybe I will change my mind.

The Unbeliever

Good. Cause right now I am sitting at the very start of chapter 16 and it is hard to see a reason why I should keep going from a tournament/spire perspective. If new chapters come on more quickly than I anticipate and they add new unit promotions, then maybe I will change my mind.
The reason why anyone would want to continue on past the 3* Frog promotion, the Spire/Tournament formula actively punishes progress vs. rewarding progress. ;)
Now, maybe we could get a formula that would be front-loaded, but completing researches would actually decrease the difficulty, while AW levels would not factor into the equation at all! (...and thereby make them actually beneficial, instead of their current function of just further shooting yourself in the mangled, bloody remains of both your legs + feet!)

As for 4* Xbows still being hot garbage vs. every other light ranged unit?
Okay, yeah, we know that Human units with the sole exception of the Priest are so laughably beyond bad they'd be better off just being outright removed from the game! ...but hey, at least the 4* Xbow looks super bad*** while getting his posterior kicked in and handed back to him on a smoldering platter - that's at least gotta count for something, right?!:oops:

Last edited by a moderator: