• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elves or Humans?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
With regard to the human/elf debate, I have late game cities with both. If you are a military oriented player, I have to cast my vote for human. Because Priests are just so good. In fact, in either race I would say Priests are the only unit made in the barracks which can be considered the best unit of that type in the late game. A late game human city can get every mage unit it will ever need from the Barracks. This frees up the human Mercenary Camp to make lots of Rangers , Frogs, and Vallorian Guards. By comparison, an Elven city is going to have to make a good number of Blossom Mages in the Mercenary Camp. Which will limit how many Rangers, Frogs, and Vallorian Guards and Elvish city can make. If you are a military player, it is totally possible to be very successful with either race. But humans are easier.

DeletedUser29287

i have similar boosted goods between my beta city and my live one both are close in regards to relics amount I can keep more in stock on my human beta city than my elf one.

@Henroo should I only be making priests in the barracks?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
i have similar boosted goods between my beta city and my live one both are close in regards to relics amount I can keep more in stock on my human beta city than my elf one.

@Henroo should I only be making priests in the barracks?
I probably make about 60 to 80% Priests in the end-game in my barracks. The only other thing I make in barracks is Paladins. I do think Vallorian Guards are better than Paladins, but Paladins are close enough to use in some fights. And using Paladins means I can focus my Mercenary Camp more on Rangers and Frogs.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Only from chapter 15 onwards.
Untill they unlock frog princes humans have no acceptable heavy ranged unit.
Interesting viewpoint.
I found orc strats (gained from crafted buildings) to work perfectly fine for the rare occasion that LR is needed. Since ELR and MMM make such a drastic difference I find mages & archers do 90% of the work anyways so it hardly matters that Golems are better than mortars- especially compared to how much better priests are than sorcs.

My human city trains 100% priests, 50/50 frogs and rangers, and a mix of dogs/dryads & orc strats
My elven city has a significant disadvantage in needing to heavily train blossom mages in the same building where frogs and rangers come from.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
^^I fully agree with what @SoggyShorts just said. I have had multiple Grounds of Orc Strategist buildings in my 2 human cities from an early level. The Orc Strats were enough to get me through any difficult fight which needed HR troops. And even after getting the 3 star Frog promotion, the 3 star Orc Strats seem to perform about as well when using autofight.

Deleted User - 1178646

Interesting viewpoint.
I found orc strats (gained from crafted buildings) to work perfectly fine for the rare occasion that LR is needed. Since ELR and MMM make such a drastic difference I find mages & archers do 90% of the work anyways so it hardly matters that Golems are better than mortars- especially compared to how much better priests are than sorcs.

My human city trains 100% priests, 50/50 frogs and rangers, and a mix of dogs/dryads & orc strats
My elven city has a significant disadvantage in needing to heavily train blossom mages in the same building where frogs and rangers come from.
Guess the main difference is that I look at it from a "competitive" standpoint.

100% priest, 50/50 ranger/frog won't do for me. I would make way less frogs.

I also have a human city (contructs chapter)and do 5000 tournament points and it's a struggle do fight both spire and tournaments.
My 8 orc strategist simply will not provide enough HR. and supplies is a pain atm.
I am not sure that triple barracks thing was a good thing. untill you get elvenar workshops the supplies are a pain.

My main issue is not that strategist arent good, my main issue is getting those strategist as they require orcs to make. and with the triple production thing those grounds are a lot worse now. you need triple the units but the output of those buildings did not triple

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@CrazyWizard Does your human city have the Witch Hut? I think a highly evolved Witch Hut makes a big difference to a human city with regards to heavy ranged. First because it is a tremendous supplier of orcs, which means you have more orcs available to train Orc Strats with. And second because it will give you several free squads of Frogs a day.

Huor

I don't understand all the hate towards the mortar. At least still in chapter 7 when I put my mortar on the field, things start dying, and it's not my mortars. lol. Now I also really like those orc strategist!

Deleted User - 1178646

I don't understand all the hate towards the mortar. At least still in chapter 7 when I put my mortar on the field, things start dying, and it's not my mortars. lol. Now I also really like those orc strategist!
Do you have super magic mortars? or are you only fighting super easy battles.
As soon as you get some decent opposition those mortars start to fail miserably very fast.

Thats why we hate them, any other HR unit can deal with the enemy with easy but not that unit.

Huor

They must be super magic as they don't fail me. lol. I also only fight manual. When I use my chicken for rounds 5/6 in the tournament, the carnage really picks up. I don't know. Fingers crossed they continue to be my buds!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
They must be super magic as they don't fail me. lol. I also only fight manual. When I use my chicken for rounds 5/6 in the tournament, the carnage really picks up. I don't know. Fingers crossed they continue to be my buds!
I play 2 advanced human cities and I also don't think Mortars are as bad as some make them out to be. I have won many fights with them. But they are not great either. I could have won those same fights using Orc Strats and would have taken fewer losses. Essentially I chose to use Mortars in easier fights to preserve my supply of Orc Strats for harder fights. The main issue with Mortars is they have long range but a relatively low attack rating. Furthermore, their special ability does not help them do any extra damage. You mentioned Fire Phoenix in your post. The attack bonus from Fire Phoenix really helps Mortars. Without this bonus they truly suck. They really need the extra +50% damage from the Fire Phoenix to perform. The Temple of Toads AW will also help, since it gives a permanent attack bonus to all your heavy range troops. All that being said, 3 star Orc Strats or 3 star Toads are still going to outperform 3 star Mortars in virtually every situation. However in the mid-game you have 3 star Mortars and don't have 3 star Strats or Frogs yet.

Huor

I am looking forward to the frogs for sure! I just opened chapter 7. Right now it's 2 star mortars and 1 star Strats. My phoenix is at +35%. I do combine my mortars with Strats if there are mist walkers out. It also comes down to terrain. Mortars behind a lot of obstacles will create a lot of problems for the other side. And yes, I have my eye on the temple of toads when the time comes!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am looking forward to the frogs for sure! I just opened chapter 7. Right now it's 2 star mortars and 1 star Strats. My phoenix is at +35%. I do combine my mortars with Strats if there are mist walkers out. It also comes down to terrain. Mortars behind a lot of obstacles will create a lot of problems for the other side. And yes, I have my eye on the temple of toads when the time comes!
I know Phoenix artifacts are expensive to craft, but if I were in your position I would try to get those final 3 artifacts to finish off Fire Phoenix . I have a fully evolved Fire Phoenix, so I know how good it is at max level. If I did not have one, getting one would be my #1 priority. I'd use every blueprint I won and spend extra diamonds if need be to get those artifacts.

Huor

Thank you! I'm doing exactly that. Just got the one yesterday that got me to 35%. Fingers crossed for the next one!

Deleted User - 1178646

I play 2 advanced human cities and I also don't think Mortars are as bad as some make them out to be. I have won many fights with them. But they are not great either. I could have won those same fights using Orc Strats and would have taken fewer losses. Essentially I chose to use Mortars in easier fights to preserve my supply of Orc Strats for harder fights. The main issue with Mortars is they have long range but a relatively low attack rating. Furthermore, their special ability does not help them do any extra damage. You mentioned Fire Phoenix in your post. The attack bonus from Fire Phoenix really helps Mortars. Without this bonus they truly suck. They really need the extra +50% damage from the Fire Phoenix to perform. The Temple of Toads AW will also help, since it gives a permanent attack bonus to all your heavy range troops. All that being said, 3 star Orc Strats or 3 star Toads are still going to outperform 3 star Mortars in virtually every situation. However in the mid-game you have 3 star Mortars and don't have 3 star Strats or Frogs yet.
Thats the entire key/

Frogs arent much better, its the frog prince that's a lot better.

Both the frog and the mortar have the same issue, there damage output is very limited but they have a huge range.
The main issue is that the maps arent big enough for the range to be effective, the enemy is simply too close to you to quickly to really benefit from it (unless the map is just right).

This is why mortars loose battles very early compared to orc strats and golems.
The main difference between mortars and frogs are the special 3* power.
Mortars limit the enemies attack, not very usefull because you do not want to get into combat with your enemy. this is why they suck, the enemy alwaysgets a chance to hit and hurt you.

Frog prince has the special power lower defence, this means the enemy dies quicker. this makes the difference between the two day and night.
The first hit is as rubbish as a mortar but the second hit hits hard (tho with the recent combat changes not as much as before)

Golems and strats have more bulk, they lack range, but they hit hard and have many HP to catch the brunt if they get hit.
When you once played elves and are used to that power, and then get a human account and use mortars you just get shocked about how bad they are. you start loosing battles way way way way way before you start loosing them with golems.