• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elves or Humans?

DeletedUser29287

I was wondering for those who play as both which one do you prefer and why? I’m an elf on live and a human on beta and like my human city more than my elf one.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The humans do have an initial advantage in fighting....but human cities are so very ....institutional. I skipped into the forest with Alram.
They also have an "advantage" in production, but it's only because everything is sooo bulky. They make more goods at the same level of factory bc they also take up more tile space. Something about humans and needing size to matter...

DeletedUser29287

I have no pop and no space in my elf city I play on live. I maybe low on space in my human on beta but I can upgrade buildings there.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Humans are the best!
Troops are better, goods are plumper, don't believe them about space, it's all the same in the end! Sure elves are prettier but they are more likely to quit during Dwarf or Orc chapter, as the Guest Race tech puts a greater strain on those cities. In fact, if you conduct a survey, elven players are more than twice as likely to say they loathed those chapters and seriously considered quitting, or starting over

Huor

I'm glad you don't find it boring. Go brick!

One of the great things about the game is the events, and all the unique stuff in the different chapters, is they bring in so much unique architecture that any bland human structures fade into the background pretty quickly.

Gladiola

Human cities are brown. I hate brown. I play elf.

Early elf architecture also fits in well with my "small is beautiful" philosophy, meaning I try to keep my city in a limited footprint.

DeletedUser29287

@Lelanya
I can understand why they quit at the guest races. I’m currently in the beginning of chapter 4 and don’t have enough population to do the superior upgrades that are coming my way. I have all my residences maxed and no room to add more.

In my chapter 5 human city on beta i have plenty of population not all the residences are maxed and able to get my upgrades done when I have the good. Only problem there is a love the spire and I saved a large chunk of province clearing for the festival so I had a lot to cater to reach chapter 5.

Moho

Chef
Human cities are brown. I hate brown. I play elf.

Early elf architecture also fits in well with my "small is beautiful" philosophy, meaning I try to keep my city in a limited footprint.
I understand why you love playing elf, but your reasons for rejecting human cities are wrong. Here is my city in Winy. It is not a brown, sprawling monstrosity, as you infer.

city.jpg

Mykan

Oh Wise One
A lot depends on your aims and at what point you plan on stopping progression (if at all). There are strengths and weakness of both at different points, both in aesthtics and game play. If you plan to stop before guest races then the tech tree may also come into play.

Me personally while I initially liked elves I have grown to prefer humans. There units work better for me as do their buildings. Granted by late game there really is very little difference between the towns other than army.

In terms of colour the guest races have as much to do with that than anything else, pretty sure elves look very brown in chapter 8 too. :p

Last edited:

Iyapo1

I'm going to PP my way through orcs and then upgrade all the buildings from Fairies to Woodelves as fast as I can to avoid the brown.
I am getting ready to do a power run in one of my cities. At the end of the next FA I am going to swing through orcs and straight into woodelves.
I need 20 blueprints and about 320 RRs to pull everything up at the beginning of both chapters.

Word of warning on the PP use...you need a lot of non-capped guest race goods to upgrade the portal in orcs. Insult to injury those goods take a day or more to make. I will have a level 28 BTG in the city I am rushing with, so an instant 38% guest race goods bonus that will help me stay smaller.