• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

EN New Year Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser626

I saw this contest post https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-year-countdown-event.867/

and thought it was a pretty neat idea.

a forum game to play while some of the more active players, wait for something to do in game after tomorrows update. wondering why we don't have something like this on the US servers.

Dear Elves and Humans,

While some in northern climes settle in to colder and darker days, and those far to the south enjoy the warmer breezes of sunnier times, we all can see a new year quickly approaching on the horizon...

To celebrate this first Elvenar New Year, for the whole of December we will be giving you one task to complete or question to answer per day. You have only 24 hours to complete each task or answer the question. We have a well-stocked bag of diamonds that we are going to hand out! The more daily tasks you perform, and questions you answer correctly, the bigger the prize! To be in with a chance of a prize, you will need to complete at least 11 of the 31 daily tasks or questions correctly, so remember to keep checking!

For anyone who manages to complete all tasks and answer all questions correctly, there will also be a special prize...

An InnoGames USB stick!

USB.jpg

How will it work?

- Any player who wants to participate in this event will need to post their own answer thread in this forum (click).
- The answer threads are set up so that only the player who posted the thread and the moderation team can see them.
- Every day there will be a new question or task posted in this thread (click)
- The time of posting will vary from day to day, but for each you will have 24 hours from the time of posting to complete the task or find the answer to the question.
- All questions and tasks will be Elvenar based
- We also welcome your feedback about this event - you can find the feedback thread here

We wish all participants the best of luck, and hope you enjoy this event.

Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser626

looks like a neat forum game, I'm hopeful our wonderful Elvenar Team will make an event like this for the US servers.

EN Elvenar Team Event Questions & Tasks for the EN New Year Countdown are -
12/1/15 - How many additional population does a level 3 Elf Residential provide?
12/2/15 - Take a screenshot of your city and post it :)
12/3/15 - What is rule #2 on the forum?

12/4/2015 "Today we have a game for you: These words are all connected with Elvenar in some way, but what do they say? Unscramble them to find out :)

nceinat seodrwn
ierscl
renu darshs

There is also a connection between all 3, but what is it? For today's answer, we need all 3 words unscrambled, plus the connection between them."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Seriously, is this forum game and the offer of diamonds NOT going to be brought over here? Only the players on that one server get this game?

WTH????

DeletedUser43

"Every Elvenar team can decide whether or not they want to host events for their players."

DeletedUser626

looks as though some of our EN forum friends had a hard time finding the connection to the 12/4/2015 task, a hint was offered by the EN Elvenar Team.

Hint for day 4 - As this is the first of our games for this event, we're going to give you a hint as to the connection between the scrambled words, just to make it a little easier. - Hint: The connection between the words is one of the scrambled terms ;)

Continued - EN Elvenar Team Event Questions & Tasks for the EN New Year Countdown are -
12/5/2015 - How long does it take to upgrade a Builders' Hut?

12/6/2015 - question is
Where exactly in your city would you find this image?

(Elf) ~~~~~ (Human)
123456789.png
1222222222222222222222222222222.png

12/7/2015 - Today we have a new question for you:
What's the one thing you need to do to have an in game chat available to you?

12/8/2015 - Today we have another anagram game for you:
These words are all connected with Elvenar in some way, but what do they say? Unscramble them to find out :)

ropecniv
cotruneen
gotenatie

There is also a connection between all 3, but what is it?

12/9/2015 - Today we have a new question for you:
By how much does a single level 12 armory increase your troop training size?

12/10/2015 - Today is another question day...
How long does it take to upgrade the Main Hall from level 2 to level 3?

12/11/2015 - Hello Humans and Elves! Today we have another question for you:
What's your favourite thing about Elvenar and why?

DeletedUser43

I am so happy to see they are having so much fun over there while we get nothing over here.

Maybe I can ask the dwarves to help me make something out of this lump of coal?

DeletedUser626

Looking at the comments on the EN discussion thread for this contest. it's a mix'd bag, some luv it, others are unhappy about how quickly the contest was offered.

Their month long questions and task contest is a great idea in my humble opinion.

Before this contest, the only time I've seen that many people on that EN forum, was when the game crashed.

DeletedUser

Looking at the comments on the EN discussion thread for this contest. it's a mix'd bag, some luv it, others are unhappy about how quickly the contest was offered.
You are absolutely correct Frostwyrm. :) But ain't that the way in life... You can never please EVERYONE... no matter what you do.

Come say hello the next time you visit the EN forum:)

DeletedUser626

You are absolutely correct Frostwyrm. :) But ain't that the way in life... You can never please EVERYONE... no matter what you do.

Come say hello the next time you visit the EN forum:)

Thank you Avatrix, i like the job on the contest you guys are doing, nice step having the hidden answers.

Continued - EN Elvenar Team Event Questions & Tasks for the EN New Year Countdown are -
12/12/2015 - Hello Humans and Elves! Today we have a task for you:
Take a screenshot of your entry in the player rankings :)

12/13/2014 - Today is another question day...
How many provinces will you need to have completed to get 7 province expansions?
Hint... The FIRST 7 province expansions :)

12/14/2014 - Hello Humans and Elves! Today we have a question for you:
Who are the only players you can give Neighborly Help to?

12/15/2014 - Hello Humans and Elves! Today we have a game for you:
These are all military units, but one is different from the others, so... which is the odd one out?
208jkev.jpg

12/16/2015 - Day 16 Hello Humans and Elves! We hope you're continuing to enjoy the event. :)
Today we have a new question for you:
As of the time of this post, how many days has it been since Elvenar International opened?
(Please note that we will accept - 1 day or + 1 day from the exact number of days to take into account different time zones).

12/17/2015 - Today we have a new anagram game for you: These words are all connected with Elvenar in some way, but what do they say? Unscramble them to find out :)

pnskla
cllrsso
imgca tdsu

There is also a connection between all 3, but what is it?

12/18/2015 - Day 18 Hello Elves and Humans! Today we have a new question for you:
What is the name of the dwarven capital city according to the history of Elvenar?

12/19/2015 - Day 19 Hi Elvarian folk! Today is another question day...
How long does it take to upgrade the Main Hall from level 14 to level 15?

Valtitude

The anagrams from 12/17 are pretty easy - planks, scrolls and magic dust - a set of boosted goods for the connection? The 12/14 first answer is Sword Dancers, second answer is Relics, third answer is Rune Shards - connection might be battles in provinces and rewards? I'm days too late, though. Oh well.

I'm a tech tree branch away from Dwarves, so no clue what their capital city name is yet. Ha!

Coolish, Frostwyrm. I agree with you, this could be a lot of fun and a boost in morale the US servers need. I wonder, is this sponsored by InnoGames or players with a terrific sense of fun?! Do we know?

Last edited:

DeletedUser626

I'm a tech tree branch away from Dwarves, so no clue what their capital city name is yet. Ha!

Coolish, Frostwyrm. I agree with you, this could be a lot of fun and a boost in morale the US servers need. I wonder, is this sponsored by InnoGames or players with a terrific sense of fun?! Do we know?

I would imagine the EN Elvenar Team (player mods) are sponsoring this event on the EN Forum.
Most of the answers (Dwarven Capital City) are found in the Wiki - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Guest_Races#Dwarves
Nice opportunity to get more players using the forums, and the wiki, to enjoy learning new stuff about Elvenar.

EN Event update Cont.. 12/20/2015 - Day 20 Hello Humans and Elves! Today we have another question for you:

What do you like least about Elvenar and why?

12/21/2015 - Day 21 Hello Elves and Humans! Today we have a new game for you:

What are the names of the goods associated with the five pictures below?

12/22/2015 - Day 22 Hello Humans and Elves! We hope you're continuing to enjoy the event. :) Today we have a question for you:

Is there anything that you would like to see added to Elvenar and why?

12/23/2015 - Day 23 Hello Humans and Elves! Today we have a game for you:

These words are all connected with Elvenar in some way, but what do they say? Unscramble them to find out :)

ousiretysm eonlccy
elarntc acple
atltbe tmeuonmn

There is also a connection between all three, but what is it?

Valtitude

Thanks for that wiki tip, Frostwyrm. Who'd a thought of looking in the wiki for game info?! ME, clearly. lol. Although I use the wiki for other things pretty often. Guess I'd better read up on Dwarves. I just entered the first tech/ research tree branch.

As for this contest, a player in our fellowship said he started the contest, then found out players have to be UK residents, not just playing Elvenar on the server(s) this is running on. This player is a hop skip and a jump from the UK ... oh well.

Happy Winter Solstice, Elvenar! Nice bright sunny day where I am.

DeletedUser

As for this contest, a player in our fellowship said he started the contest, then found out players have to be UK residents, not just playing Elvenar on the server(s) this is running on. This player is a hop skip and a jump from the UK ... oh well.
Hi @Valtitude,
Please inform the player you speak about that he received the wrong information. The only stipulations regarding participation in this event is that you play on the Elvenar International server and be a forum member on the International forum.

If you have satisfy both those requirements, then feel free to come join in the fun :)

DeletedUser933

Zu Ehren meiner Vorfahren aus Heilbronn, Heilbronner Stadtkreis, Baden-Württemberg, Deutschland frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr. From Louisville, KY

DeletedUser626

Zu Ehren meiner Vorfahren aus Heilbronn, Heilbronner Stadtkreis, Baden-Württemberg, Deutschland frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr. From Louisville, KY

wishing you all a very merry Christmas.

The EN Team Elvenar New Years Count Down Challenge is a bit different than the rest, see for yourself.

12/24/2015 - Day 24 Hello Elves and Humans! Today we have a new task for you: Make a winterised picture of any part of Elvenar and post it.

Hint: Take a screenshot of any part of Elvenar you like and edit it to give it a winter feel... adding icicles to your ranking screen or adding snowdrifts to your city for example. Use your fertile imagination:)

The picture below is an example

For todays task, you will have 48 hours from the time of this post to give your answer. There will be another question tomorrow as well :) If you have made a thread already, please add your answer as a new post in that thread. You can find your thread here (click). If you haven't already made a thread, then that's also the place to make your thread (so just follow the link in the previous sentence). :)

12/25/2015 Day 25 Hello Humans and Elves! Today we have a new question for you:

Which Ancient Wonder increases the barracks' training size and to which race does it belong?

12/26/2015 - Day 26

Hello Humans & Elves - We have a game for you all today: 'Composite military unit'

We are all military units, but to which units do we belong?
**Simply post the names of the 5 units in the picture above to your thread**
1de98552c1.jpg

12/27/2015 - Day 27

Rune_shards_Icons.png

Hello Humans and Elves - It's that time of the day again, we have another question for you!

How many broken shards are required to make a whole rune shard?

12/28/2015 - Day 28 Hello Elvarian folk! Today is another question day...

In which game version were the hotkeys for starting productions in the workshops and manufactories introduced?

12/29/2015 - Day 29 Hello Elvarian folk
Oh dear! It appears a Swamp Monster has got in among these words and dazed them...

nedrac dorsw
tanter
aadilnp

can you unscramble them and find the connection?

12/30/2015 - Day 30 Hi Humans & Elves - We have another question for you today.

What percentage fee does the trader additionally charge for players you have not yet discovered?

DeletedUser626

Happy New Years, looks like this will the be the last one - (for the answer see the original post to see the international forums)

Day 31

Dear Elves and Humans, we very much hope you have enjoyed our marathon New Year's Countdown Event. However,all good things must come to an end and so today we have the final question for you...

How many team members does Elvenar International currently have?

As always, you will have 24 hours to answer the question. If you have already made a thread for the competition, please make sure and post in that single thread for all competition entries. You can find your thread here. If you have not created a thread for the competition, follow the link above and simply create a new one.

We are already hard at work calculating your scores, and compiling the list of winners. We're also planning the next competition, which will take place in January. Further details will be published soon ;)

The answers, scores and list of winners from the New Year Countdown Event will be published in due course, but for now it remains for us to wish you all a very happy and healthy new year, and to say that we look forward to your company throughout 2016.

Kind regards,

Your EN (International) Elvenar Team

Status
Not open for further replies.