• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ensemble buildings at chapter 20

Pfhw

I have gone through the first portal upgrade with one set of ensemble buildings without any problem. After I built another set of ensemble buildings, I noticed that the portal indicated that I only had one each of the melody, accompaniment and rhythm. When I checked the buildings, there was absolutely no difference between the newly built and the old ones. I even went the distance of selling an old ensemble building and building a new one. Yet the portal was still giving me the same indication that I only had one of such thing available. What happened?
If there is a difference between newly built and "spent" ensemble buildings, how would I be able to distinguish between them?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
We complained about the wording on this back when the chapter was first added, but they only made the Wiki entry clearer and not the in-game text. The need is not 1, then 2, then 3, for levels 2 and 3 and 4. It is 1 for level 2, then 2 more for level 3, or 3 total, and then 3 more for level 4, or 6 total, of each. So to make the portal level 4, you will need 6 of each ensemble in your city at one time.

Pfhw

So that means I will get my required 2 each of melody, accompaniment and rhythm with 3 sets of ensemble buildings? How confusing!! Why can't Inno change the stated requirement at the portal to 3 each instead of 2 each of such things and take into account all ensemble buildings, old and new? This is super stupid.

Eagle19

In order to complete the final Quests i.e. Scouts Traven you need 7500 Bars which can only be stored in the portal at Level 4. So you will need 6 total of each ensemble (a whole lot of space) in order to do that I think most will need to export many buildings, Do I have this correct?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In order to complete the final Quests i.e. Scouts Traven you need 7500 Bars which can only be stored in the portal at Level 4. So you will need 6 total of each ensemble (a whole lot of space) in order to do that I think most will need to export many buildings, Do I have this correct?

You can also store that much with a level 3 portal, if your Vortex AW is at least either level 14 or 15.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So that means I will get my required 2 each of melody, accompaniment and rhythm with 3 sets of ensemble buildings? How confusing!! Why can't Inno change the stated requirement at the portal to 3 each instead of 2 each of such things and take into account all ensemble buildings, old and new? This is super stupid.
I do agree that the way the wording is done in that chapter is very poor and confusing. However, you only need the ensembles to do the portal upgrade. As soon as you start the level 4 portal upgrade, you can get rid of some of the ensemble buildings. And also, an ensemble can be anywhere in your city and it will still count towards the total you need for a portal upgrade. It does not have to be connected to the rest of your settlement.
I didn't have the space for 6 of each ensemble in my city. I kept 3 or 4 ensembles of each type in my city at any given time. What I did was teleport an ensemble out of the game and use the freed space to build another ensemble. Once I had accumulated all the ensembles I needed, I teleported several tier 3 manufactories out of the game. I used the freed up space to bring my ensembles out of storage. I started my level 4 portal upgrade and finished the final quest to have ensembles. I then sold off the extra ensembles and then brought my manufactories back. I only had all 18 ensembles in my city for about 5 minutes.