• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Error in prize percentages in the event?

Laochra

My hubby has 3 cities. He has saved all of his hazelnuts specifically because he wanted the Traveling Merchant I.
Since the top treasure claims a 25% chance of getting it, he figured that he would need about 4 attempts to secure the traveling merchant & he would still have some of his 450 hazelnuts left over for tomorrow's prize. In the first city, he ended up with 9 hits on the top treasure & got no traveling merchant & has 10 hazelnuts left. 2nd city, same results-no traveling merchant--& this was the city he needed it the most in. City # 3, he hit the 50 chest a couple of times, then went back to the top treasure & got the merchant with 1 hit.
I despise math in all its forms, but even I can tell that that doesn't come even close to a 25% chance. Right??
He's over it. I'm gonna go now & see how I fare.

Laochra

Ok, wow. My first city, the one I really wanted the merchant in, I got nothing. My 2nd city already had one, so I skipped it. My 3rd & 4th city, I hit the 50 once, the 90 once, & the 140 twice & got the merchant. My 5th city, I hit the 50 once & got it. Poor hubby!! Maybe we can get enough hazelnuts gathered before it expires tomorrow!

DeletedUser1996

Awesome - yeah Hope yer hubby gathers all of his nuts --Hazel that is :p I mean Hazelnuts !

DeletedUser1269

Mathematically, about a 7.5% chance of NOT getting it in 9 tries. That's about 1 in 14. Bad luck, yes, but clearly possible.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your report! However, this is not a bug, so we will close it. Statistics are indeed tricky math, 25% doesn't mean 1 in 4 will always happen. Think of it like flipping a coin - yes there is a 50/50 chance for heads or tails, but it is still possible to flip a coin several times in a row for the same result. Each occurrence is independent of the previous. We were not able to find any issues with this feature.