• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event buildings

Chrizty

I guess this could go under city/ Game Features/and Trader;
This goes for Event buildings for the chapters Dwarves, Fairies and Orcs

I think the Event buildings should offer all Ts. not just 3T like with this Event now,

We can get more than one event building so one building could give T1s another T2s and.. yea I'm not even gonna say it. something else like time reducers. Or coin rains..

As we need a well rounded trading system. not a one sided system. that is why Inno gave us boosted goods. to use, and no one is using their boost's anymore. Their using event building to trade with. And they don't care to build up their T1 & T2s anymore.

When asking about this, I had someone tell me ;
Now that I have sets that produce an ample amount of one T3 resource, cross-trades are actually cheaper for me than building out T1 or T2 resource production.
I have way to much 3t goods too, but I wont do cross T trades cause this is what I see in the trader;
you got a group of people all holding up a green lighter trying to sell each other a green lighter,,, I just don't see it working,

Everyone has those sets and everyone is trying to use their 3Ts. it puts a huge dent in the trading system. as well as balancing out their own cities.

And not only that but its no fun anymore. I use to go in and I see a FS member with say 1000 plank for 1000 marb. neither my boost but there's a neighbor with 1000 marb for 1000 plank and I could switch them out, helping a FS member and a neighbor, I cant do that anymore.
and yes I can put up trades and wait for someone to take them but if I need it on the fly I cant use the trader, So I'm using all my coin and eating up my coin rain like its candy. Its sad that I use the wholesaler more than the trader.

I think INNO is killing their own Boosted Goods system. as no one cares to build them up or use the T1s or T2s to trade with. I think it would help balance it back if the next event had buildings for our chapters offer T1s and T2s...or coin rain, lots of coin rain as I need them lol

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
When asking about this, I had someone tell me ;
Now that I have sets that produce an ample amount of one T3 resource, cross-trades are actually cheaper for me than building out T1 or T2 resource production.
This was always true. Cross-tier trading is massively profitable if you are the one selling T3---> This is why fellowships disallow it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There have been event buildings in recent events that give you tier 1 goods, and others that give you tier 2 goods. They do not give buildings in the same event for each tier normally, so you just have to keep track of what is available in each event to end up with production of all 9 goods.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There have been event buildings in recent events that give you tier 1 goods, and others that give you tier 2 goods. They do not give buildings in the same event for each tier normally, so you just have to keep track of what is available in each event to end up with production of all 9 goods.
As far as I know, other than the travelling merchant, any event building that gives goods gives goods based on the province you were in when you won it. So if you were past Chapter 5, you are never going to win a building that gives you T2 goods.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As far as I know, other than the travelling merchant, any event building that gives goods gives goods based on the province you were in when you won it. So if you were past Chapter 5, you are never going to win a building that gives you T2 goods.

Really? My Winter Market set pieces that give tier 1 goods would say otherwise. As do the set pieces from that event with the shrines that give tier 2 goods. Sure, if you are specifically only talking about the buildings that give different bonus resources based on chapter, you are right, but when referring to event buildings in general, that give goods regardless of chapter you are in, then that is not correct.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Okay. Apparently I've not noticed those buildings.

But now that you mention it, I think the set from the mini event last spring (duchess or countess or something?) were similar

SoggyShorts

the set pieces from that event with the shrines that give tier 2 goods.
This was the old way and was broken. Everyone got the same goods which meant that if everyone had won those buildings the entire economy would be unbalanced.
My Winter Market set pieces
This is the new way where buildings produce your boost +1

DeletedUser20929

are you complaining that there are no trades for you to take, and that your solution isn't placing any trades?

You are contributing to a problem that you don't like. Place the trade a week before you need the product and some one will take the trade.

Using the wholesaler doesn't make you a good ally. Placing and taking trades does.

DeletedUser20929

@SoggyShorts lots of my neighbors have a jester tavern and they are trying to ditch their t3 goods for useful stuff. at the recommended 4:1 or 16:1 ratio. It produces all three t3 goods if you have enough connections.

SoggyShorts

a jester tavern
Eek! you are correct the Jester's tavern is back to the old broken way.
Everyone gets
Some Elixir
More Dust
Most Gems
and that's stupid.

Perhaps the difference lies in that the Jest and t kirit karat buildings give all 3 kinds and the winter pieces only give the same kind? Regardless, the winter way makes sense and the other one is dumb.

DeletedUser2870

are you complaining that there are no trades for you to take, and that your solution isn't placing any trades?

You are contributing to a problem that you don't like. Place the trade a week before you need the product and some one will take the trade.

Using the wholesaler doesn't make you a good ally. Placing and taking trades does.

Placing trades a week before you need them sounds nice and works with regular goods, but for sentient goods that's going to be a bit harder.

Besides, I am a pretty active trader when I am on. And unless it is within my own FS for someone who is temporarily short I just do not take, nor offer any cross-tier trades. But my trader, as I write this, shows 54 pages of trades. And those can be broken down as follows
44 pages of sentient goods same tier
6 pages of sentient goods cross-tier
1 page of regular goods same tier
4 pages of regular goods cross tier

Within my FS I take most trades and often trade at a loss, trading for goods we are short on on the map at a 5%-10% loss and then trading it 1:1 within my FS. That's fine by me and helps out all our members. I only place 3 star trades anyway. But I'm not crazy enough to supply everyone, even within my FS, with T1 goods and take T3 goods, let alone outside my FS. No-one can do that since the ratio is off.

So for those players not yet into sentient goods, there seems to be way more crosstier trades than same tier trades. That means that something is unbalanced. Not surprising, since it has been obvious for years that the 16:4:1 ratio is way off when one considers all the factors (space, pop, culture, @SoggyShorts has done the math and posted that several times). 9:3:1 would be closer and even that is kinda overpaying. So it's WAAAAAAY more efficient to only produce T3 goods and try to sucker someone into doing the producing of T1 goods for you.

You can see that the amount of cross-tier offers in the sentient goods part is way lower, percentage wise. That's because by then players have figured out the cross-tier 2-star 'fair trade' is not fair at all. So those often are limited and mostly offered by people just crossing into a new chapter and not yet able to produce the new tier sentient goods.

Pheryll

Set Designer
You can see that the amount of cross-tier offers in the sentient goods part is way lower, percentage wise. That's because by then players have figured out the cross-tier 2-star 'fair trade' is not fair at all. So those often are limited and mostly offered by people just crossing into a new chapter and not yet able to produce the new tier sentient goods.

Additionally, for sentient goods, the production is often limited by your divine seed production, and divine seed use for each tier is about 1:1:1 for the same production.

Chrizty

Dhurrin Exactly. and when your in a FS with players who are in dwarves fairies & orcs its worse , looking in my trader I have'
1 page of offers for 1Ts, same T trades
4 pages of offer 2ts cross trades asking for T1s { 4 trades are same T}
14 pages of offer 3Ts cross trades asking for 1 Ts, {10 trades are for 2Ts) {0 same Ts}

Chrizty

As of right now Im at a loss to what to do. I put up trades this morning and half are still there. I only do same T Trades and will not take a cross T. My trades use to go fast. I could put up trades in the Moring and then again at night, but not anymore, people don't seem to want to take trades, they just put in trades... cross T trades. and I have no idea who is taking them, if they are, cause from what I see in my lil part of the world map everyone already has enough 3Ts. and all the few same T1 trades that are up go figure are offering my boost or want what's not my boost lol
And with this event giving all 3T buildings I can see it getting worse. like I said I just feel at a loss right now and I'm sure others in my chapter feel the same way. If your higher up in chapters this may not effect you but for those who are its effecting us in a big way.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As of right now Im at a loss to what to do. I put up trades this morning and half are still there. I only do same T Trades and will not take a cross T. My trades use to go fast. I could put up trades in the Moring and then again at night, but not anymore, people don't seem to want to take trades, they just put in trades... cross T trades. and I have no idea who is taking them, if they are, cause from what I see in my lil part of the world map everyone already has enough 3Ts. and all the few same T1 trades that are up go figure are offering my boost or want what's not my boost lol
And with this event giving all 3T buildings I can see it getting worse. like I said I just feel at a loss right now and I'm sure others in my chapter feel the same way. If your higher up in chapters this may not effect you but for those who are its effecting us in a big way.

It sounds like there may be too many members of your fellowship making the same boosted goods as you. Also, if a straight 2-star trade of same tier goods is just sitting around, maybe it is time to start making them slightly 3-star trades. Offer 1100 of your goods for 1000 of theirs, or 2200 for 2000, etc. Just enough to get your trades further up the list.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm about 70% sure that the proliferation of event buildings which produce large numbers of T3 goods for the majority of players have lead to an imbalance in the worlds' economies. Added to that the craftable "Merchant 3" produces the same number of t3 goods per time period as the M1 does of T1 goods (both for 0 supplies) making it a much better deal in output per square, which contributes to the imbalance. Now there are too many free T3 goods for anyone's needs, and some people haven't stopped producing them in their factories.

DeletedUser2870

My trades generally don't take too long to be taken. I keep to the idea that it's cheaper to produce boosted goods than non-boosted goods. So I never post 1:1 trades but will offer a discount. Larger on larger quantanties.
So something like 2100-2000, 5300-5000, 11K-10K, 28K-25K. I hardly ever have trades sitting for more than a few hours.

But I do agree that the whole idea of having s slew of craftable/winnable buildings that produce those same goods WITHOUT any cost at all is greatly upsetting the balance of the game. It was already a problem when they were rare, now people can craft several at will, making matters worse