• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Chest Rewards Need Work

• Thread starter DeletedUser6189
  • Start date

DeletedUser6189

I am a player who really enjoys when events show up, mostly because it gives me something a bit more active to do with a game that largely sits and operates passively in the background. I get very strategic with the events, building extra buildings just to complete quests quickly, planning ahead to have as many quests ready for completion the second they come up as possible, etc. I try to figure out which daily prizes I want to go for and work to make sure I have the most currency and chances to get them as I can.

With the March of the Herds, I noticed something. I tend to save up so that I only unlock the 140 chests so that I have the greatest chance of getting the dailies that I want. In one particular instance, I opened like 13 of those chests, only to get ZERO buildings (grrrrr). But I DID get like 75 KPs and enough of my boosted T3 relics to max out my T3 boost. Not too shabby.

But then I considered what it would take to get the same kind of Relic reward for my other boosted goods. In fact, thinking back, the reason my T3 boosts are maxed out at all is BECAUSE of the rewards I've gotten for opening chests across the three such events since I started playing the game.

That's when I started to ask myself ... why is the chest reward for T3 relics SO MUCH more than the others? If the small chests are the only way to get T1 relics, why not give them out at the same quantity as the T3 ones? Same for T2? The idea (as I understand it) is that opening bigger chests should provide bigger rewards for less currency (beets, crystals, etc.).

TL;DR - Why not make all of the relic rewards for event chests the same QUANTITY? Let the 140 chests be for T3 goods and down, but make the quantities the same so that I actually have a reason to open smaller chests sometimes in the hopes of getting some extra relics.

Just a thought. Perhaps I am missing some important detail that would make the whole conversation moot, but I did find myself frustrated that it was so easy for me to get a ton of T3 relics from the event than it would be for me to get the same amount of T1 and T2 (which I need much more).

DeletedUser7370

Alternately, if they keep relics as a reward then they should make it random. Currently the probabilities for relics are 36%, 36%, and 30%; going off Soggy's suggestion split those in half making instants have 18%, 18%, and 15% and relics at 18%, 18%, and 15%. You then use the same quantities as currently 3, 6, and 12, but randomly select each of the relics making it possible to receive 2 marble, 1 steel, 3 planks, 4 crystal, 1 silk, and 1 dust from opening a single large chest. Probably the same quantities and methods would work with the instants, but they might have a second probability table to favor the weaker instants slightly.

The should also fix runes so you don't win 5 identical runes by changing it 5 random rolls and also allow those rewards to operate like the tournament final rewards that can exceed your currently researched wonders.

DeletedUser9481

The should also fix runes so you don't win 5 identical runes by changing it 5 random rolls and also allow those rewards to operate like the tournament final rewards that can exceed your currently researched wonders.

Yes. Or allow us to have more than 10 Broken Shards at a time and give a bunch of those.