• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Quest - Buy 15 Knowledge Points

• Thread starter Deleted User - 312108
  • Start date

What is your preference on how the Buy 15 KP quest should be handled

• No Change - I am happy with it as it is

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Limit how many times it can occur

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Change it to Gain KP

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Please just remove this quest

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other - details in thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deleted User - 312108

Given that there is no reset point for the purchasing of KP, this represents an increasing drain upon a player's resources. It does only appear in 2 of 8 of the quest currency levels - however I have had it occur 4 times in a given city.

Proposed State:
Gain 15 KP - this has the advantage of giving players another reason to want to have the carting library down as it would aid in this quest. Players could opt to wait until the currency was accumulated naturally, opt to purchase it or acquire it some other way.

DeletedUser5676

They do bother me, but I feel like people are expecting a lot. in my chapter three city, I've only hit this a couple of times, and I'm at about 3000 corals, while the city that has hit it a few times is near ten thousand. I think the endless quests idea is probably flawed, but given that it exists, the quests have to get hard enough to put some sort of brake on activity. I think if people didn't feel like they ought to be able to get more corals than we did in past events, the quests would seem less painful. I don't think it's at all hard to make around 8000 corals.

Deleted User - 312108

@edsparrowpfo I would rather see the quest currency rewards reduced than to see this quest in place :) I am currently at about 6k because I do not have a lot of space dedicated to factories to do 1 & 2 day runs. This is one of those quests however that has no reset point so as you go into the next event and the event after that, it is an ever increasing cost. Gain KP has the impact of either slowing a player down to wait for the KP gain OR they use the faster buy KP method and pay that price. Gain KP does not need an OR Buy KP option as it is already included.

DeletedUser5676

@edsparrowpfo I would rather see the quest currency rewards reduced than to see this quest in place :) I am currently at about 6k because I do not have a lot of space dedicated to factories to do 1 & 2 day runs. This is one of those quests however that has no reset point so as you go into the next event and the event after that, it is an ever increasing cost. Gain KP has the impact of either slowing a player down to wait for the KP gain OR they use the faster buy KP method and pay that price. Gain KP does not need an OR Buy KP option as it is already included.
I still don't see it as a problem. In one city kp cost is about a million coins and I still have to buy some every day because there's so much coin in the game. If there's no cost to doing a quest then it isn't controlling how far we go in the event.

Deleted User - 312108

That is your choice. I do not choose to buy KP EVER if I am not forced to by these quests. I spend my excess gold and supplies at the wholesaler.
I have said it before, I LOATHE buying KP. So for you switching to GAIN KP has no impact on how you deal with the quest. For those of us for whatever reason who do not want to use the mechanism to BUY KP, we have an alternative option that may cost us time to complete the quest, but does grant an alternative path.
I believe Gain KP is a more inclusive option that allows more player agency. It also gives players a reason to put down event quest rewards of carting libraries and like them.

DeletedUser5676

Then what should they do instead of buy KP to slow people down? Its easy to get 15 extra KP a day even if the tournament isn't on. Gain some kp by itself will slow down new cities, who don't have a bunch of sets and buildings, but it won't slow down big cities at all. Your city already has 6000 corals, and the event is only a little more than half over. meanwhile, small cities bight only have 2000. They can buy kp cheap, so buying kp helps to equalize the event. They can't put down a bunch of carting libraries and set buildings.

If there are advanced cities that have only managed to get 3000 by now, then maybe some stuff needs to be easier. If advanced cities mostly have twice as much coral as new cities, I think any easing should go in the directions of new cities, not advanced ones.

Deleted User - 312108

As I said switching from Buy KP to Gain KP simply opens up the avenues that the quest is able to be completed. It does not trip up newer cities because they have the option to buy KP, use tourneys or provinces to gain KP, get KP by the hour etc.
Newer cities also have the issue of shortages of coins and goods so buy KP can be a hardship on them more so than mid-tier or upper tier cities. This gives more ways of completing the quest.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Buying 15 KP is still a very minor issue compared to later coral levels. For example, at the 64 coral reward I have several times now gotten Invest 40 KP in an AW, followed immediately by Spend 30 KP. These are simple for me at the end of chapter 14, but someone in the early chapters could get the exact same quests, if they make it to 64 coral.

DeletedUser5676

As I said switching from Buy KP to Gain KP simply opens up the avenues that the quest is able to be completed. It does not trip up newer cities because they have the option to buy KP, use tourneys or provinces to gain KP, get KP by the hour etc.
Newer cities also have the issue of shortages of coins and goods so buy KP can be a hardship on them more so than mid-tier or upper tier cities. This gives more ways of completing the quest.
I didn't say it trips them up, what it does is favor the late-stage players like so many other things. Almost every quest is already easier for late stage cities than for new ones. They have more space to build extra buildings, they have ancient wonders to boost and speed-up activities, they have more open provinces for gaining things in tournaments, and they have accumulated buildings from earlier events that give them extra KP to spend on the spend KP quests.

I understand it bothers some players to buy KP, but that's a choice. I don't feel like our large cities need to have more choices when we've already got a huge advantage.

DeletedUser2870

I'd like to see it limited in the amount of times it will come up. But then again, same goes for the 'complete 1 province' and 'complete 2 provinces' quests.
To scout a province takes me over 90 hours, so I'm not exactly thrilled with having seen that 5 times.

Deleted User - 312108

I'd like to see it limited in the amount of times it will come up. But then again, same goes for the 'complete 1 province' and 'complete 2 provinces' quests.
To scout a province takes me over 90 hours, so I'm not exactly thrilled with having seen that 5 times.
Yeah, as you can tell, I personally loathe the Buy KP quest. I either want to see it very limited (not more than twice in any given event) or changed to Gain KP as that naturally allows more options on how to complete the quest. I went into detail regarding most quests and my feedback in the event discussion thread, but obviously some quests annoyed me more than others. :)