• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Quests - Complete Province Quest

• Thread starter Deleted User - 312108
  • Start date

What is your preference for the Complete Quest in the events

• No Change - I am happy with it as it is

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I support the Complete Province OR Complete Tourney Province

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Please only have it occur once for each currency level

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Please remove this quest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please see thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deleted User - 312108

Current State:
With the endless quests, some players get hit with this quest multiple times. I had it at least 4 times for a total of 8 provinces to be completed live, I've had it at least once, but more often multiple times in each city.
To exit chapter 6 I need 130 provinces, to exit chapter 7 I need 160 provinces. The KP to progress through the chapter is a bit over 1800 - this takes about 80 days to accumulate including the gain from provinces, but not including gain from tourneys.
For players who progress more slowly for whatever reason they could be having 2 or 3 larger events in the time it takes to progress through a chapter. Having more and more complete province quests means they are over the maximum and likely over scouted so it becomes progressively more expensive.
It is in 5 of 8 currency quest levels so it could recur with extreme frequency.

Proposed state:
1) This quest is altered to read: Complete (1 or 2) Province OR Complete (1 or 2) Tournament Province
2) This quest can only appear once in every 50 quests

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am guessing you have not made it to the 57, 62, or 64-coral rewards yet, as those each have a quest that requires you to complete TWO provinces, also with no OR option. with all the Complete Provinces quests I have gotten so far, I have had to complete 24 provinces.

Deleted User - 312108

I am guessing you have not made it to the 57, 62, or 64-coral rewards yet, as those each have a quest that requires you to complete TWO provinces, also with no OR option. with all the Complete Provinces quests I have gotten so far, I have had to complete 24 provinces.

I should clarify - I was trying to be inclusive of both :)

DeletedUser5676

I think one tourney province is too easy. I might support one province or five tournament provinces. My gut feeling though is that its fine as is. eople who have to finish 24 provinces also have more than ten thousand corals to spend.

Deleted User - 312108

I think one tourney province is too easy. I might support one province or five tournament provinces. My gut feeling though is that its fine as is. eople who have to finish 24 provinces also have more than ten thousand corals to spend.
Five tourney provinces is a lot at lower chapter levels. The main issue with the complete provinces quest is not the difficulty in and of itself, but the number of repetitions through the event and the cascade effect it has with that quest being in other events.

DeletedUser5676

Five tourney provinces is a lot at lower chapter levels. The main issue with the complete provinces quest is not the difficulty in and of itself, but the number of repetitions through the event and the cascade effect it has with that quest being in other events.
But early chapter players can complete multiple provinces easily. My chapter 3 city can scout a new province in less than an hour, so finishing 2 is a fraction of the strain of making 5 of the 24 or 48 hour productions. In fact, I could scout and complete 24 provinces in less time than I can make 3 Elegant Furnaces. And I don't have room for 30 steel factories to get them ready ahead of time. I have to fit everything they ask for into 7 factories. I'll never get anywhere near needing 24 provinces, because I won't have enough time to make the 24 and 48 hour production runs to get me nearly that far in the event.

DeletedUser20951

Definitely support an "or" option on this to include tournament provinces (and I should probably take a look at thread titles ahead of time so I post in the most relevant place, instead of simply working my way up from older posts to newer, but that would cause an upheaval in my forum reading habits). You might get stuck during the break between tournies, but it would provide relief from being forced to complete regular provinces in order to proceed with the quests, which may or may not be possible.

DeletedUser2870

I had the 'complete 2 provinces' quest 5 times over. When I got it again I just let it be and stopped playing the event.
Completing 2 provinces is ridiculous as scouting for me now takes over 90 hours. (Of course that is the reason I do keep scouting but am not completing them anymore, but it still is a ridiculous set-up that I have to do it that way because one just can't wait 4 days for a province to be scouted for a quest.

So an or complete X tourney provinces would be a good alternative. And 5-7 tourney provinces to 1 real province would be a possible solution. That may be a strain, but at least do-able.
And when it is an option one can at least choose. Low-level players can opt for the real provinces, while high-level players could opt for the tourney ones

Deleted User - 312108

@Dhurrin Yes, this is actually one of those quests that I think should be scaled toward chapters at least with how many tourney province are completed. At Chapter 6 I can do 5-8 5/6 every week without a resource drain, 8 occasionally. For chapters 1-4 completing regular provinces is viable, but may also lead to the over-extension issue.

DeletedUser2870

@Dhurrin Yes, this is actually one of those quests that I think should be scaled toward chapters at least with how many tourney province are completed. At Chapter 6 I can do 5-8 5/6 every week without a resource drain, 8 occasionally. For chapters 1-4 completing regular provinces is viable, but may also lead to the over-extension issue.

For me, at the end of the techtree and with over 500 provinces completed, it's not the resources that bother me. Scouting cost per province is over 8 million gold, but so what?, there's not that much need for gold anyway. Even if I did want to complete them, I could easily just negotiate the 8 encounters and not drain my resources as my production in 4 days far exceeds the demands for those encounters. I prefer to fight them though, unless pressed for time.
Time is the main problem here. 90+ hours pretty much means 4 straight days, since the scout will almost never be just finished just when I happen to be online, so several hours will be lost there.

Sure, the time could be reduced by some time-reducing instants, but that is no real option, I have nowhere near enough instants to make that viable on a regular basis. Hence my solution: keep scouting, just don't finish the provinces. In fact, I keep a lot completely open since some eventquests ask to solve an x-number of encounters. Always nice to have some open for that, and still leave them at only 7 resolved so the province can be finished when a quest calls for that.

But I had 4 of the 'finish 1 province' and 5 of the 'finish 2 provinces' in this event. That's a total of 12 provinces, or 12x4=48 days worth of scouting, IF i don't miss too many hours between scouts (like when I sleep when it finishes). At least, since scouting times keep going up, because that makes it even worse
Right now I still have 15 provinces unfinished, but if this will be a regular quest I probably won't be able to keep that up for many more events.

Deleted User - 312108

@Dhurrin Yes, I don't think it's feasible to use time instants to reduce a 90 hour scouting cost. It is why some of these quests definitely need viable alternatives (or the ability to decline them) the upgrade building alternative is not always viable no matter what chapter we are in.

DeletedUser2870

Upgrade buildings is far more doable. I tend to build 1 or 2 factories (in my case either marble or planks) just to upgrade them. They don't require overmuch space. And if needed the building time can be reduced, which is far more practical than trying to reduce my scouting time.

(Edit: And I sell them off again once they are no longer needed)

Last edited by a moderator: