• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolving building poll

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I only voted for stuff we do not have yet, and even then, only for one thing, exchanging artifacts. Though as I have said in previous threads, I only support it if it is a weighted exchange, such as 3 for 1 or 5 for 1, especially if they ever add generic artifacts to the game.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My votes probably look all over the place, lol! Basically, I'm not sold on the idea of universal artifacts or an artifact exchange system. While those look enticing for making things easier, they don't really make it more interesting and I like interesting. I like the idea of having the same artifacts appear in more than one event; but if done poorly I could be opposed to that as well. My thinking on that is for example:
Phoenix Artifacts: They should remain the same as last year for the next Phoenix event. That gives players more choices: evolve the new bldgs from this year's Phoenix or evolve bldgs from last year's Phoenix. Next Autumn, Zodiac artifacts remain the same as last Autumn's event again with different bldgs available this year. (Notice I only picked the 2 events where I really liked the evolving bldgs. That's because I remember those event names, lol!) It should be the same for any event that offers an evolving bldg.
I've got a bunch of evolving bldgs and a full chess set in my inventory to remove them from the crafting recipes, so I'd prefer to get these bldgs out of the already bloated crafting menu. I voted for 'gain old bldgs via quests' though I'm not sure that's the best way. A separate evolving bldg menu might make sense if the evolving bldgs can be crafted there. I could see that menu also offering artifacts for crafting (everything in that menu would be expensive to craft in my mind's eye). I did not vote for being able to get multiples of old buildings, but if they are available in a separate menu and expensive to craft, I wouldn't be opposed.
Finally, I like having the artifacts available as prizes in the FA's. I've not yet needed them myself, but have seen too many of my teammates, especially newer players with smaller cities who did need them. It made the FA more fun to know we were helping others in the FS get something they really needed. But, I haven't been enthused about any of the FA prizes since they had the mana huts, so I need something to keep me interested there, lol!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Sadly I don't think most of the options will ever be implemented and like Samidodamage I don't think easier is necessarily interesting. I can only think of 2 things that might have a chance and could be interesting
  • Permanent Shop option where we could purchase artifacts on occasion for $ and or diamonds. Both would be a preference so free to play players would still have a shot at getting some artifacts. If they did this just note the price would likely not be cheap.
  • teleport ability - I know they said it was too complex but I wonder if they were to only ever store the building as level 1 and break out the artifacts if that would be possible. This would also add an element of interest where one artifact can work for multiple buildings as people would be able to change their strategy when teleporting if they chose or simply re-level the item in the future. They could also take a risk to disenchant the lvl 1 building in the hope of crafting a new lvl 1 at their current chapter.
I wouldn't mind seeing some repeating of the artifacts in events. I don't think it needs to be every event but some opportunity would be handy and like the concept samidodamage mentioned for that.
Inno has made it fairly clear that the supply of artifacts is quite rare so they are unlikely to do much in terms of increasing that supply or making it easier unless there is a profit in it for them. Which is also the reason for my 2 suggestions above as only one increases supply but for profit and the other does not impact supply and comes with effort of crafting and or spire

Pheryll

Set Designer
Inno has made it fairly clear that the supply of artifacts is quite rare so they are unlikely to do much in terms of increasing that supply or making it easier unless there is a profit in it for them.

If quite rare means the event + 1 FA and then nothing more, then it is difficult for them to justify filling the crafting menu with them. New players enter the game with a glut of evolving buildings options which they can never use artifacts for. Something will change eventually. The more years of stocking up the magic academy with evolving buildings, the more the system is put into question.

Deleted User - 3932582

Sadly I don't think most of the options will ever be implemented
I am with you on this one. However, I call bullshit on "too complex" to implement teleport for evolving buildings. Seriously, it is not exactly launching space mission to Mars. Sure, it might be a bit more work than the current implementation, but it most certainly can be done, and I am pretty sure won't even be "complex" at all - most of the UI and mechanics is already there. This also doesn't increase availability of artifacts in any way, so this has a good chance of happening. Remember, back in the day Inno claimed that storing buildings would never happen, and yet here we are, with teleports and all. Royal Restorations took a while, yet it eventually happened.

If quite rare means the event + 1 FA and then nothing more, then it is difficult for them to justify filling the crafting menu with them.
It's quite easy for them to justify actually. New players see craftable Fire Phoenix, see how great it is, hear how essential it is for fighting... and then $75 sale for 3-pack artifacts is coming along. Boom - profit!

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Very nice poll. I think someone can gratefully expand on the two winning poll selection and form a very nice convincing post that states the benefit, the cons, and the challenges of implementing the suggestions and post it here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/ideas-and-suggestions.14/

:)

I will love to see more discussions like this in the discussion section of the forum and a great summary of the ideas in the Ideas and Suggestions section to present it to the developers :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just want it to be possible to get ten evolutions without spending diamonds.

You don't need 10, you only need 9, because the building counts as one. And you don't need to spend anything unless you had horrible luck during the event or a bad fellowship that can't complete the fellowship adventure, to get all 9 artifacts you need.

Deleted User - 4565442

Marindor already said on beta that they won't have universal artifacts ever, it destroys their budget plans
There's confirmation from CM on Polish servers that new weak phoenix and it's artifacts will be entirely separate from old phoenix and not usable on them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
it destroys their budget plans

Not necessarily. There have been several suggestions about how to offer these things with significant limitations. And if they are not selling artifacts then it is hard to say that they can't make more money with a system that uses universal artifacts. To give an example of how universal artifacts can be limited, one poster has mentioned that they could be exclusively offered in Fellowship adventures (2 universal artifacts per adventure). That puts an annual limit of around 12 universal artifacts and encouragement for people to spend money/diamonds to help complete the adventure.