• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Exploring Providences Limit, is there a too many explored Providences?

maeter75

I am wondering, is there a point where exploring Providences too far out is not a good thing. So far I am at 335 explored Providences with several very easy ones left for quests, least that was my thinking.

Should I keep exploring out, and unlock and complete Providences, is that what top player do, keep exploring out their Providences?

DeletedUser188

Should I keep exploring out, and unlock and complete Providences, is that what top player do, keep exploring out their Providences?
It depends on who you ask some say don't stop others will tell you to stay in the Goldilocks Zone
I have not stopped scouting and currently have 378 provinces conquered with 23 more explored ready to take as soon as I unlock AW of the halflings

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Pros of scouting and clearing on the world map:
  • Divine seeds based off # of provinces cleared
  • Crystal lighthouse gives goods based on visits which is based on number of provinces cleared
  • Enars Embasy gives mana when you scout
  • Tome of secrets gives you supplies when you scout
  • Dragon Abbey gives you mana per spell cast based on completed provinces
  • Expansions gained are based on provinces cleared
  • Trader fee is for undiscovered neighbors
  • Coins are gained by visiting discovered neighbors
  • KP is gained by clearing provinces
  • Relics are gained by clearing provinces
Cons:
  • Enemy troops increase in size/difficulty
  • Negotiating costs increase

maeter75

It depends on who you ask some say don't stop others will tell you to stay in the Goldilocks Zone
I have not stopped scouting and currently have 378 provinces conquered with 23 more explored ready to take as soon as I unlock AW of the halflings

I am in Halfling chapter and you being that far along helps me to think about that it is an option.
Do you leave a couple shorter scout times for events?

Also why do you have 23 ready for the Halfling AW? Is that to have the KP to complete it?

Thistleknot

I'm at 401 conquered with about 7 scouted. Since I am not buying expansions, I decided I would conquer as many provinces to gain expansions that way. I am scouting only Medium difficulties. Only downside is that my scouting times are around 57 hours and that when I do neighborly help, it takes about 45 minutes. I am in the Halfling chapter/