• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA Chest Notice

lyndonws

Our fellowship only ranked 154th at the end of the Fellowship Adventure, but we all got the notice that the archmage "Opened a Great Treasure Chest".
Needless to say, there were no prizes added to our inventories.
I believe this occurred at the end of the last FA as well.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The top 100 ranked FS's get FS ranking points added to the FS total score. The top 20* ranked FS's also get a bldg and time booster(s). The bldg and the number/size of time boosters depends on where they rank.
*That may have changed and time boosters may go past 20th spot now. The info on Gems still lists spots 21-100 as only getting ranking points.

Sprite1313

The top 100 ranked FS's get FS ranking points added to the FS total score. The top 20* ranked FS's also get a bldg and time booster(s). The bldg and the number/size of time boosters depends on where they rank.
*That may have changed and time boosters may go past 20th spot now. The info on Gems still lists spots 21-100 as only getting ranking points.
My FS ranked 30 and got a 5 hour boost, so it must go past 20. Not sure how far, though. I honestly haven't looked.

lyndonws

I don't get it - this thread is marked as 'not a bug' yet the game said a Great Treasure Chest was opened when no such thing happened, and no prizes were received by the Fellowship.

Soleil Nightbloom

I don't get it - this thread is marked as 'not a bug' yet the game said a Great Treasure Chest was opened when no such thing happened, and no prizes were received by the Fellowship.
Maybe the game is referring to the chests that are won after each stage? Otherwise, my fellowship did not win such a prize either and we were in the top 50.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The game displays the same message as for when one of the three chests is opened at the end of the FA for any rewards the team won for their rank in the FA. It is confusing, but that is all it means. That extra time booster that popped up on screen after the FA ended? That is what this is related to. So not a bug, in the sense it is telling you about something received, but more a text error, I guess?, because of the wording of it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The thread has been marked as 'not a bug' because the FA Chest notice is working as intended.

The game uses the 'opened a great treasure chest' for the chests won by taking the flag at the end of each stage of the FA along with the name of the player who took the flag. Those players who do not participate do not get any of the rewards.

It uses the same notification when the FA ends, and the player name used is the AM. Ranking positions 101 and up do not win any additional rewards, but they receive the notification.

FS's who rank in the top 100 win FS ranking points. These are not easily seen: you'd have to add the regular ranking points of all the members and subtract from the overall FS ranking points to get the total number of FS ranking points that have been won (the total would also include prior FA ranking points as well). The members who participated in the top 100 FS's win time booster(s); for 30th-100th spot it is one 2hr time booster and the rewards increase at intervals as FS's reach a higher rank. You'd have to check your time booster inventory immediately before the FA ended and again after it ends to verify you received that reward if you participated in the FA. Ranks #1-20 receive a bldg in addition to time booster(s).

lyndonws

The thread has been marked as 'not a bug' because the FA Chest notice is working as intended.

The game uses the 'opened a great treasure chest' for the chests won by taking the flag at the end of each stage of the FA along with the name of the player who took the flag. Those players who do not participate do not get any of the rewards.

It uses the same notification when the FA ends, and the player name used is the AM. Ranking positions 101 and up do not win any additional rewards, but they receive the notification.

FS's who rank in the top 100 win FS ranking points. These are not easily seen: you'd have to add the regular ranking points of all the members and subtract from the overall FS ranking points to get the total number of FS ranking points that have been won (the total would also include prior FA ranking points as well). The members who participated in the top 100 FS's win time booster(s); for 30th-100th spot it is one 2hr time booster and the rewards increase at intervals as FS's reach a higher rank. You'd have to check your time booster inventory immediately before the FA ended and again after it ends to verify you received that reward if you participated in the FA. Ranks #1-20 receive a bldg in addition to time booster(s).

I'm all too familiar with rank prize eligibility. Our Fellowship was ineligible, but we received a notice that prizes were earned and that I opened a Grand Chest - that's my point. :rolleyes:
Perhaps Elvenar doesn't define this (technically) as a bug, but it's something that should be changed/fixed. My fellowship's players were confused and looking everywhere for prizes in their inventories when we were ineligible and none existed. If Elvenar intended the Chest notice to work this way, then they dgaf.