• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA push towns must End! That's clear cheating!

Dadnaz

Server: Ceravyn
[MOD EDIT] It is not acceptable to post other player's names or cities without their permission.

Give a look at that town and you will understand what I'm trying to say. People take time to make this game great, until we come across things like this.

Dadnaz

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Give a look at that town and you will understand what I'm trying to say. People take time to make this game great, until we come across things like this.
So how many level 1 workshops is ok? One? Ten? Fifty? One less than you have?

Anyone can do that to their town if they want to. It's cheesy, but why should the rules prevent people from tearing down their town and converting it to make the FA easier?

Bringing in alts, built just for FAs, so the FS can take top honors is obviously a means to an end.
Wouldnt be troublesome for the crappy prizes, but those Perk Points are worth fighting for.
Hoping Inno curbs this practice (like they did with Spire) before the next FA

Dadnaz

Anyone can do that to their town if they want to. It's cheesy, but why should the rules prevent people from tearing down their town and converting it to make the FA easier?
If it's your town I'm ok with it. I'm not saying people can't make their towns into FA farms. What I'm talking about is making a town just to use it at the FA. This isn't clear the town he plays. it's pretty obvious it was made for the FA. (push towns).

So how many level 1 workshops is ok? One? Ten? Fifty? One less than you have?
I'm not placing this here because we want to get first in the FA or anything like that. Our goal is to be in the top 20 and we are. I'm placing this here because in my server right now we have 10 FSs around 30k and the Asylum with 47k with a lot of towns like the one above. It's cheating period!

quin629

It's not a "push town"; it is not using its resources to push another player rather than to grow itself. Inno has no rules again players who love FA having towns that are FA optimized, just as it has no rules against players who love tournaments having towns that are tourney-optimized and do not advance in the chapters. Inno also has no rules against a player having multiple accounts so long as 1 account does not exist solely to push/enrich their other account.

What I do see is an Ambassador and the ArchMage of the FS currently holding 5th complaining about and calling out by name a player in the FS currently holding 1st. Not a good look, really.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yep, nothing wrong with a high-chapter city being used for that, but a chapter 3 or 4 city that is permanently stopped at that point and turned into what is pictured, is just a trash town made by a trash player.

And if this trash city is owned by another player in the same fellowship, then yes, they are breaking the rules by giving their main city a clear advantage.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Well … I could be totally off my dinosaur on this one but … it’s totally not cool to blast another players name in the community forum regardless of the situation …. Take it up with support, that’s the proper way .

Kadhrin

a chapter 3 or 4 city that is permanently stopped at that point and turned into what is pictured, is just a trash town made by a trash player.

And if this trash city is owned by another player in the same fellowship, then yes, they are breaking the rules by giving their main city a clear advantage.
So, after a little sleuthing on Elvenstats...
The fellowship in question seems to have 3-4 players who have alternate accounts.
The alternate accounts range from about chapter 6 to 10; the more advanced cities host some big T1s.
These accounts join the active fellowship for the FA and then adjourn to the sleeper fellowship after the FA.
There is a clear pattern of this primary/alternate swapping for numerous FAs.
These alternate cities' progression may not be perma-stopped, but they've mostly either zig-zagged or haven't gotten much of a net increase in the last year.

I don't know if it's legal, and I'm curious.
(I am never going to make a city on that world!)

Kadhrin, thank you for the insight which is quite insightful to say the least
Quin, if one of our own Has a solid/grief argument - then you bet I’m gonna back them. And his argument is solid vs belittling this discussion by redirecting the narrative to those of us “have nots” as envious.
Inno does need to look into this “practice” and yep, I’m putting in a ticket for them to do so

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well … I could be totally off my dinosaur on this one but … it’s totally not cool to blast another players name in the community forum regardless of the situation …. Take it up with support, that’s the proper way .

Yeah, if things were not in flux here with the moderators, one of them would have already come in and edited the account name out of those posts because naming someone like that is against forum rules.

No, buy as many as you’re able…take a look at that push city for FA which will help to visualize what we’re dealing with (if you’ve not done so already)

defiantoneks

i would also say that a town that has no armories, ancient wonders, large scale manufacturing, etc is just as much a liability as it is a benefit. that city cant earn relics, finish battles, gain and spend AKP, craft in MA, etc.

Dadnaz

so, are you also going to suspend the ability to purchase badges with diamonds? that's not good, honest competition either. it's buying a win.
defiantoneks. It will never be perfect, but did you see the price to get the badges. It may give you an advantage but it isn't enormous. This FS is 340 pits ahead of the FS that comes in second place now.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Yeah, if things were not in flux here with the moderators, one of them would have already come in and edited the account name out of those posts because naming someone like that is against forum rules.
It’s extremely childish . While a new CM hasn’t yet arrived …. We can still maintain the sanity and behave like adults.

Last edited:

Dadnaz

i would also say that a town that has no armories, ancient wonders, large scale manufacturing, etc is just as much a liability as it is a benefit. that city cant earn relics, finish battles, gain and spend AKP, craft in MA, etc.
They don't play that city. They just use it for the FA. In other words they have a lot more space in comparison to other players, this is clearly an advantage to their main cities (the ones they really play with).

defiantoneks

i dont see it as cheating. its a choice to play that style. if the FS can afford to do this, that's their choice to hold space for cities that dont contribute at any other time than during the FA.

What i do find to be a bit lopsided is that all fellowships compete against one another regardless of their ranking. I would like to see something in place that pits FS of certain point totals/ranks against those that are similar.

Dadnaz

If it is against forum rules, to name people, that in my opinion are doing something wrong, I apologize. I have no intention in breaking rules here. The only thing I'm trying to say is that practices like that are detrimental to the game and should be looked into, not only by the development team but also by other players who play fair.