• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA what nodes to skip question

CrusaderMichael

First blue node, 3rd map.

64 BS (Blacksmith) badges it requires and some other junk.

By points you'd think get it, but it seems like a bottleneck for the pit if you spend 64 BS badges for that lame node (we'll pretty much get every other node aka waypoint on the map... this one is questionable).

Can anyone explain why you'd skip this node, or why not?

My guess is skip it, but i'm an FA novice

Gath Of Baal

The first blue tri color also takes 64 Blacksmith badges and is right after the blue dot you are talking about, thats 128 BS badges in a row. but the First blue tri color is worth way more points then the blue dot, so we are skipping the blue dot in favor of the tri color.

Also skipping the 2nd to last Orange dot because of the 52 Arcane Residue

If you are going tor top 10 finish then in my opinion you need to do every dot and tri color on all maps to have a chance. 11-20 you can skip a few as long as you hit the pit hard, 21 and up it really doesnt matter

Edit: it also matter how Gun-Ho your fellowship is and if every member is participating

CrusaderMichael

The first blue tri color also takes 64 Blacksmith badges and is right after the blue dot you are talking about, thats 128 BS badges in a row. but the First blue tri color is worth way more points then the blue dot, so we are skipping the blue dot in favor of the tri color.

Also skipping the 2nd to last Orange dot because of the 52 Arcane Residue

If you are going tor top 10 finish then in my opinion you need to do every dot and tri color on all maps to have a chance. 11-20 you can skip a few as long as you hit the pit hard, 21 and up it really doesnt matter

Edit: it also matter how Gun-Ho your fellowship is and if every member is participating

1 of you says you get more points in pit if you skip that node... the other says top 10 spot you have to get all nodes.

I'M JUST AS LOST AS WHEN I STARTED !!!

haha

Rp44

It depends on your setup. If you have the workshops to do it, go for it. If it's going to be a struggle, skip it. I would say if you are just discussing it now, skipping it would probably be better this time.

One full round in the pit (completing all six different pits, so 5 of each badge) is worth the same amount of points as that one dot. But if you have the workshops to do it easily and still make more for the pit, there's no reason not to do it.

Competitive FA success relies on coordination, good planning/prepping *and* the desire of the majority of the FS to go for it. If you are competing for top spots it's all about the pit (unfortunately lol). In that case skipping a couple or a few dots on the map is sound strategy. The first time my Harandar FS took first we skipped 5 dots on map 3 to avoid arcane residues. The current leading teams in both Harandar and Arendyll skipped orange 7-8. Some dots are just not worth the resources, i.e. the resources will get you more points elsewhere. But it does depend on your FS.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Gath Of Baal said doing tri-color checkpoints. They are worth a lot more. 900 for tri-color to 300 for regular checkpoint on map 3. 1st blue is 300. 2nd blue is a tri-color, so 900. Both require 64 blacksmiths.

Pit is 5 badges of each type and 50 points each completion. 64 blacksmiths will get you 12.8 (64/5) rounds in the Pit. So it will stretch to 600 pts (12x50), almost 650 pts, which is double what you get from first blue checkpoint for the same amount of blacksmiths. 600pts is less than the tri-color's 900pts though. Therefore, for most points, ideally you'd skip the first one (what I said), but do the second one (what @Gath Of Baal said).

CrusaderMichael

awesome info here... thanks all... i'll relay this forum thread to my FA... and as of right now we're 10th place... but that's mainly them... i'm a tiny drop in the ocean of bigger cities