• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fairies Chapter

Veesviewpoint

Awesome insights re battle strategy! So far I'm in line... AWs in line and have 4 strategists in play with a couple In storage. Excellent tips, I am in Elves...constantly reading for info, This will so many folks. : ) Vees

Deleted User - 3932582

IIRC I did Fairies in about 4 weeks. This was one of the chapters where huge settlement is not really beneficial as portal cap on goods is pretty low.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
IIRC I did Fairies in about 4 weeks. This was one of the chapters where huge settlement is not really beneficial as portal cap on goods is pretty low.
If you are not afraid to build and destroy, and have the space, lots of level one buildings helps you upgrade the portal faster to get better value for PPs

Deleted User - 3932582

If you are not afraid to build and destroy, and have the space, lots of level one buildings helps you upgrade the portal faster to get better value for PPs
I did Fairies before PPs were available, and still overproduced guest race goods (I think I did 5/4?). Was mostly waiting for KPs...

Orcs, on the other hand, definitely benefit from basically as much space as you can throw at it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The first few iterations of the Fairy portal need lots of sunflowers and purple nightshade. You can absolutely do them without lots of buildings, but you will get a speed boost from having extra buildings, and day farms cost nothing but coin and supplies, and only take four hours to build.

And, both are needed for roads in fairly large quantities if you want to build them later. Also, both are free productions that take very little time.

Deleted User - 3932582

Also, both are free productions that take very little time.
But that's exactly my point, as far as chapter progression is concerned ;) They produce so fast, that you quickly fill up portal cap and can't produce anymore, because your research is blocked by KPs not catching up.

Road construction is different though - these can absorb as much output as you want, so it may make sense to build larger settlement footprint for that. But I skipped Fairy roads altogether (and did so for all chapters where roads required guest race goods). It just wasn't worth it for me.

Deleted User - 1178646

I did Fairies before PPs were available, and still overproduced guest race goods (I think I did 5/4?). Was mostly waiting for KPs...

Orcs, on the other hand, definitely benefit from basically as much space as you can throw at it.

Yeah PP is a waste in fairies, but more space does help. aditional lvl 1 buildings make it quick, space helpt in any chapter up to sorc and dragons and from amunii and forward as they limit the amount of buildings you can have.

Tournaments make things a lot faster, not just PP

Deleted User - 3932582

Tournaments make things a lot faster, not just PP
You can only go so far if you're in Fairies, unless you've spent a long while getting up there. If nothing else, you simply won't have enough provinces open. I believe I was clearing about 3.5K tournament score, which was pretty decent back in a day with no Fire Phoenix and other military boosts. Even nowadays with all the extra military help it would be hard to go far in tournaments in Fairies because you don't have access to unit upgrades, and catering will only get you so far.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But that's exactly my point, as far as chapter progression is concerned ;) They produce so fast, that you quickly fill up portal cap and can't produce anymore,
There is no cap on sunflowers and nightshade. You never need any capped resources to upgrade the fairy portal, so you can not get KP blocked in the quest to upgrade it.