• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fairy Ancient Wonders and Shards?

maeter75

After looking at the wiki with the update for the fairies, I am wondering how the Fairy AW are going to work in terms of required shards.

If fairy Ancient wonders also require Rune Shards, as it appears they will, it seems like it would be near impossible to get enough shards if there is the same requirements as other Ancient Wonders.

When you win a providence, your chance of getting a Fairy AW will be split with the regular Ancient Wonders and also the Dwarf and Fairy ones too. It seems to be like it would take a crazy amount of providence in order to get enough Fairy Shards without using diamonds.

Thoughts?

Deleted User - 107391

I've completed 25 provinces since getting Dwarven Wonders. Only 2 of the runes went to my preferred Wonder, Mountain Halls (although I *did* get the Bulwark, which I actually didn't even want). It seems unlikely to me that anyone is going to get enough for any Fairy Wonder in less than 9 months of trying. I'm not birthing a baby, this is a game and should progress a lot faster than real life!

DeletedUser61

it would be near impossible to get enough shards if there is the same requirements as other Ancient Wonders.
Unless, of course, the upcoming Provincial Tournaments allow you revisit provinces, and get Relics and Rune Shards again.

maeter75

Unless, of course, the upcoming Provincial Tournaments allow you revisit provinces, and get Relics and Rune Shards again.
I was wondering about that, seems near impossible with 6 possible AW to receive enough of one shard type to build a Fairy AW without spending months and months just on shards.

I have no heard anything else on the Provincial Tournaments, do you have any links with that info?

maeter75

I am curious why players build the Ancient Wonderless buildings at all. Sacrificing Boosted relics and not getting a refund when demolished does not sound feasible. Strange at best. We ask for things to do with our Non-boosted relics and they gave us the A.W. Then they gave us the academy which could chew through all our Relics in a matter of a few weeks just for a small goods bonus. I for one would like something valuable especially if I give away or spend Valuable relics which are at a premium in this game. Especially Boosted Relics.

I built the Mountain Hall, this AW gives you 480 population and boosts all your good productions by 10% for level 1. To me that 10% is nice when I think about it across my steel, scrolls, and dust. I am going to upgrade it a couple times too. It takes only a few steel relics to upgrade for me as my boost and some other non boost ones. The % goes up at each level and also you get more population.

I do agree that some of the AW, I am not building because I worry about space and having enough relics to go around so to speak.

maeter75

I have been thinking about the Mountain Halls. But no space. And the last update did not incldue further expansions. I have a huge quantity of expansions but can't place them. SADLY
wow you must be far along to use all the expansions. I did read on the next update to fairies they will have more space

DeletedUser1161

I am curious why players build the Ancient Wonderless buildings at all. Sacrificing Boosted relics and not getting a refund when demolished does not sound feasible.
By all accounts, you lose hourly KP waiting for granite and copper. I just built the elven ones because I'm getting close to dwarven tech, but I am not in any rush to level them and burn relics.

I keep hoping they'll get a needed buff.

maeter75

By all accounts, you lose hourly KP waiting for granite and copper. I just built the elven ones because I'm getting close to dwarven tech, but I am not in any rush to level them and burn relics.

I keep hoping they'll get a needed buff.
I concur, on the other hand you can donate to your groups KP AW and get some shards, which is what I did

DeletedUser1161

I concur, on the other hand you can donate to your groups KP AW and get some shards, which is what I did
True, but you're still losing KP if you don't have a wonder for your group to reciprocate.

DeletedUser706

Just out of curiosity I did some math on AW shards. Let's assume you try to collect shards for the first ring of 9 shards of a particular AW. Let's also assume that you do not build and destroy an unwanted AW if its ring gets full. Shards accumulating for such an AW will then no longer break and therefore not contribute to the desired AW.

In the table below, you can then read that 50% of the players would need to conquer 34 provinces to get the shards for an Elven/Human AW (assuming they did not unlock other AWs yet). In order to get the shards for a Fairy AW, we would need to conquer 69 provinces on average.
Player %Elven / HumanDwarvenFairy

[tr1][td]10[/td][td2]24[/td2][td2]41[/td2][td2]54[/td2][/tr1]
[tr2][td]20[/td][td2]25[/td2][td2]45[/td2][td2]58[/td2][/tr2]
[tr1][td]30[/td][td2]28[/td2][td2]47[/td2][td2]64[/td2][/tr1]
[tr2][td]40[/td][td2]32[/td2][td2]49[/td2][td2]67[/td2][/tr2]
[tr1][td]50[/td][td2]34[/td2][td2]55[/td2][td2]69[/td2][/tr1]
[tr2][td]60[/td][td2]35[/td2][td2]57[/td2][td2]73[/td2][/tr2]
[tr1][td]70[/td][td2]35[/td2][td2]59[/td2][td2]78[/td2][/tr1]
[tr2][td]80[/td][td2]40[/td2][td2]64[/td2][td2]81[/td2][/tr2]
[tr1][td]90[/td][td2]44[/td2][td2]69[/td2][td2]89[/td2][/tr1]
[tr2][td]95[/td][td2]49[/td2][td2]76[/td2][td2]94[/td2][/tr2]
[tr1][td]99[/td][td2]60[/td2][td2]90[/td2][td2]107[/td2][/tr1]
[tr2][td]99.9[/td][td2]72[/td2][td2]115[/td2][td2]128[/td2][/tr2]

Clearly another mechanism is needed, especially since the gates have been introduced (we can no longer defer conquering provinces in the hopes of improving our chances). Until another method of shard collection becomes available, the only alternative means is by donation to other AWs. It might take a while before the first fairy AWs arrive, though.

maeter75

Azarra, I think you exactly summed up my question. If you have explored a lot like many players have, how will it be possible to ever get the necessary shards, split between all the AWs, sure seems like a design flaw to me.

DeletedUser61

Clearly another mechanism is needed,
The Provincial Tournaments are the third of the features that were teased in the December YouTube promo.

ProvincialTournaments.png

I think it's likely that we'll be able to collect additional Relics (for the Magic Academy) and Runes (for the Ancient Wonders).

DeletedUser43

In order to get the shards for a Fairy AW, we would need to conquer 69 provinces on average.

Wow. I think that would take me a year or more. I am still trying to upgrade my dwarven wonder and I started building it in October. On beta, I am stuck on level 5 and I need 7 more runes to get through. The last month I haven't had one I could add.

DeletedUser627

Someone needs to bring up this point in ALL CAPS on the Beta forum sooner than later!!

This is one of those developmental issues that we can foresee, but which the developers are too busy to predict. Even if Katwijk is correct and more Runes come available, it's still statistically going to be imbalanced. And, since it will be imbalanced both for current players and future players, it's a very valid point.

You thinking this may come quicker than KP packets or with the same blinding speed?

I am soooo glad you keep posting, 6pac...love your sense of humor.

Bag of Rags: I believe you should just resign yourself that one of the expansions will have to be the Magic Academy. The supplies needed for Fairy are astronomical.

DeletedUser43

I can't see how KP packets will be implemented until the game is completely done and all the races are out. Otherwise, as soon as a new race is implemented, the folks who have been long done with the tech tree would have tons of kp to dump in the new tech and they are trying to slow the game, not let us go any faster.

DeletedUser1161

Didn't they say something about runes for quests a while back? Maybe that's how we'll get the fairy wonders started.

DeletedUser1122

Didn't they say something about runes for quests a while back? Maybe that's how we'll get the fairy wonders started.
WIKI says
You will find Rune Shards by:
  1. Completing the Provinces in the World Map - Each Completed Province will give you a random Rune Shard for the Ancient Wonders you have already unlocked in the Tech Tree.
  2. Investing Knowledge Points in other players' Ancient Wonders.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the future you will also be able to obtain Rune Shards as rewards for completing Quests.

More random Rune Shards ---soon:). These could be tied to KP packets and
The Provincial Tournaments are the third of the features that were teased in the December

I perceive a missing link