• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team
Many fellowships have lost members to death and many were loved and admired by their fellowship. How about a special page in forum or elsewhere for the names of those members and any special thoughts by fellowship?
Not everyone will want to read the page and that is fine but those members who need some closure will have a place to go. We don't want the dedication and personality of a special member to be forgotten. Only an Archmadge would be able to make original post and replies need to be respectful.
Don't know much about programming but seems like you should be able to set it up using the same type format as forum.

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Many fellowships have lost members to death and many were loved and admired by their fellowship. How about a special page in forum or elsewhere for the names of those members and any special thoughts by fellowship?
Not everyone will want to read the page and that is fine but those members who need some closure will have a place to go. We don't want the dedication and personality of a special member to be forgotten. Only an Archmadge would be able to make original post and replies need to be respectful.
Don't know much about programming but seems like you should be able to set it up using the same type format as forum.
I really like this idea.... but what if the someone's AM isn't on the forum and another player would like to make it or a mage even possibly? I think it would be cool. I'm only asking bc I'm in one of the fs that recently lost a special person (it was our AM). (I still voted yes... but really would think changing that one part would be cool if possible)

Last edited:
I really like this idea.... but what if the someone's AM isn't on the forum and another player would like to make it or a mage even possibly? I think it would be cool. I'm only asking bc I'm in one of the fs that recently lost a special person (it was our AM). (I still voted yes... but really would think changing that one part would be cool if possible)
You make a good point. Yes, I agree.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I think the idea is a good one.
Any idea why the vote was removed?
Just a guess, but maybe because it wasn't started as an official poll according to the rules of the ideas/suggestions forum? The only polls here that matter are those that are started by a mod after ideas have been developed.
Since this idea is more of a 'forum' than a 'developer' thing, I don't think it needs to strictly follow the requirements outlined in the Read Before Posting sticky, but I think it still follows the same general path. It might not need to go through all the stages after the vote here to be implemented.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I think the idea is a good one.

Just a guess, but maybe because it wasn't started as an official poll according to the rules of the ideas/suggestions forum? The only polls here that matter are those that are started by a mod after ideas have been developed.
Since this idea is more of a 'forum' than a 'developer' thing, I don't think it needs to strictly follow the requirements outlined in the Read Before Posting sticky, but I think it still follows the same general path. It might not need to go through all the stages after the vote here to be implemented.
That makes sense. Thank you. :)

@Darielle
I was focused on this part of the original post:

I think that would be sufficiently separate from the game itself. An 'In Memoriam' sub-forum with just the one topic might work? I don't really know, but that is what I was imagining...
I'm new to all of this so whatever folks think would work and would be allowed. What do I need to do?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Wild Dragonfly
As ideas develop through discussions, the original poster can go back and edit the first post. Sometimes that edit is to clarify exactly what is being asked for; other times it is to incorporate something else into the original idea.
The main thing to keep in mind is: we will all be voting only on what is contained in the first post of the thread. No changes can be made to that post after a vote has been initiated by a mod.
For this specific idea, I'd think just a bit of clean-up/polishing to make it clear what we're voting for/against (the only 2 options in an official poll) and it'll be fine.
Once enough discussion has occurred that the OP considers the post ready for a vote, they just tag either helya or astram (by putting an @ in front of their name). Ask that they review the post/discussion (usually this is to make sure it complies with the requirements of the CM committee and/or the devs) and if it doesn't need anything else, you feel it's ready for a vote.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Guidelines for Ideas & Suggestions forum are here. Agree with @samidodamage that you just need to clean up the pros/cons. But this idea is also contained to the forum and need not to go through the full legislative process to land on the devs' laps. It might just be a CM executive decision whether it happens or not, like Scrolls of Knowledge section.

Talaedraiia

Maybe have a page where they are posted and then a link where you could post about them. I think this would be better because if was all on one post it would get so long that the names would get buried. It would sorta be link where they tell us about upgrades to game and we have the link for discussion of the upgrade

Guidelines for Ideas & Suggestions forum are here. Agree with @samidodamage that you just need to clean up the pros/cons. But this idea is also contained to the forum and need not to go through the full legislative process to land on the devs' laps. It might just be a CM executive decision whether it happens or not, like Scrolls of Knowledge section.
You are immensely helpful. This is the first forum I've ever been on and learning curve is high. I am going to rewrite this and present it. I really believe in this idea. Thank you for your kindness and insight on this. Thank you so very much!