• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fast Way To Population Growth?

DeletedUser

What is the best and fastest way to population growth? I thought building "residents" would be it but it does not seem to work for me as I cannot build them fast enough to keep a population. Thanks.

DeletedUser627

You can build residences or eventually buy some population...but there are lots of reasons to be cautious about purchasing premium buildings for population or culture. They're expensive and eventually become inefficient...leaving us to either delete them or resent them. Overall, until you get to the end of Fairy, residences are pretty much the way to go - the Goddess of Fertility (elven) is tempting but like sugar candy.

All building in Elvenar is slow, Joe. If you like a faster-paced game, you won't be happy! This is a "play for a few minutes, return 3 or more hours later for a few more minutes". Unless you play multiple cities, and have patience to move slowly in all of them but at least have more to do.

Purchasing a builder or two is one of the better uses of real $, as if purhasing [some] expansions carefully.

DeletedUser2736

Upgrading residences is the usual way. You get a quick burst for placing the building, ( for Elves it is 31 population for a 2x2 building). Upgrades make the residences more efficient by making the population per square better.

There are also some culture buildings that will increase population as well as culture. Most cost diamonds, so are probably not worth it in the long run as a means on population growth, though there are a couple of free ones ( Wayfarer's Tavern, Small Shrine ).

I'll only spend diamonds on culture buildings that look so cool, I just have to have one of them in my city, even though it will eventually will become less and less useful.

DeletedUser

Ok, thanks Bobbi and Ermizhad. I enjoy the slow pace of the game and have no problems with that. It just seems I cannot keep any population. I guess I'm trying to go to fast. Take care.

Deleted User - 107391

Ok, thanks Bobbi and Ermizhad. I enjoy the slow pace of the game and have no problems with that. It just seems I cannot keep any population. I guess I'm trying to go to fast. Take care.
Joe, I went and looked at your city. I usually recommend a goal of 20 houses at your level - you have 16 (if I counted right), and 6 workshops. Also 3 steel factories.

In my opinion (and it is *all* opinion when it comes to developing your city), you are pushing your manufacturing too hard. Don't build or upgrade any more factories until you have at least 20 houses and 12 workshops. These are the basis of your economy, and what will be the hardest to keep up with until you reach higher levels.

You are probably having difficulty finding space for these things. The big challenge of the game (in my opinion) at that stage of growth, is arranging and rearranging for the most efficient use of your space. You have unused spaces and too many roads. Move your culture to the edges where they don't need to use up valuable road frontage, and get rid of a lot of it.

Also, just a tip on convention - in order to make it easy for neighbors and fellowship to click on your culture, it's conventional to move your Main Hall so that you can put your culture beside or behind it. That way, when a visitor comes in to your city, the culture is right there available without hunting for it.

DeletedUser

Ok Baba, thanks a lot for the valuable information. Will do it.