• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feeder/Farm(?) Accounts

Laochra

Is there an easy way to determine if an account is a feeder (farm?) account?
In one of my FS, a newer member was invited (not by leadership). This new member did not have the boosted items we were needing. The AM decided to let them stay. It has been almost a month and this member has participated in the tournament once & their ranking score has not changed at all. They have the exact same score that they came in with.
The reason this is suspicious to me is because the member that invited this player shot up the ranks in record time & is now near the top. This has me thinking that the ''new member" might be a feeder account. They have been 'spotted' as active (/who) in their city, which means they are not upgrading anything in their city. They are only logging in to reset their factories & workshops. Perhaps this player is funneling their resources the other member? Hard to say though because we haven't seen any trades posted & we don't see the new member giving to the other member's AW.
Any way to know for sure???

DeletedUser9601

If the "feeder" account isn't sending KPs to the suspect's AWs, then its probably not a feeder account.
The idea of creating a "feeder" account for goods isn't likely. Your AM is probably reasonably advanced. Probably has max boosts for their boosted goods.
For the feeder to be useful for goods, your AM would need to spend A LOT of time building up the feeder city. It would take a massive investment of goods and time just to get the feeder city to a level where its producing a meaningful amount of goods for an advanced player. Remember, its not as simple as just logging in; it would also involve collecting relics, clearing provinces, etc.

It might be that your AM is real-life (or otherwise) friends with the "feeder" account, and is using the FS to send goods the other way, to speed up the "feeder's" progress. But if feeder isn't growing, that's unlikely.

Definitely a weird situation. But just ask the AM. If the AM can't give a clean answer, or gets upset, etc., is it really an FS you want to be in?

DeletedUser10714

Yeah, I'd agree with Tedious, doesn't sound like it would be a 'feeder'. Some people join and just don't do anything. We kick out inactives, those people better outside of a group if they don't contribute anything.

Laochra

If the "feeder" account isn't sending KPs to the suspect's AWs, then its probably not a feeder account.
The idea of creating a "feeder" account for goods isn't likely. Your AM is probably reasonably advanced. Probably has max boosts for their boosted goods.
For the feeder to be useful for goods, your AM would need to spend A LOT of time building up the feeder city. It would take a massive investment of goods and time just to get the feeder city to a level where its producing a meaningful amount of goods for an advanced player. Remember, its not as simple as just logging in; it would also involve collecting relics, clearing provinces, etc.

It might be that your AM is real-life (or otherwise) friends with the "feeder" account, and is using the FS to send goods the other way, to speed up the "feeder's" progress. But if feeder isn't growing, that's unlikely.

Definitely a weird situation. But just ask the AM. If the AM can't give a clean answer, or gets upset, etc., is it really an FS you want to be in?
Where did you come up with the assumption that it was the AM????
I think if I give up on this game, it won't be because of the game dynamics, it will because people don't read the entire post before responding!!
In the "want ads" people keep posting to ads that are over a year old, because they don't bother checking the posted date. One of my last postings I was asking for information regarding a FS that I started & the first comment that was given was that I was obviously unhappy & should find another FS!
Please read my entire post before responding!

Last edited:

Laochra

I'm not unhappy with the FS I am in, nor do I have any intention of abandoning my AM, as we are working together to make this FS a success. I was just seeking information. Thank you for your input. As to my previous comment, I have received comments where it was obvious that the person posting did not read the entire message, or like the example I gave about people trying to recruit off of a year-old search ad......o_O:rolleyes:

DeletedUser9601

Another follow-up to shooting up the rankings. There are certain times in the Guest Race chapters where its easy to gain 10K to 30K points in a few weeks, due to the structure of Guest Races (stop reading if you're familiar with advanced chapters :) ).
At the start of Guest Race chapters, players are stuck spending weeks building guest race buildings and accruing the specialty goods needed to unlock research. These Guest Race buildings give no rank. However, usually around halfway through each Guest Race chapter, the player now has unlocked new workshops, factories, main hall and military buildings. So in the course of a week or two, the player can build all of these upgrades consecutively, getting massive ranking points.
I'm in Orcs, and when I unlock my Main Hall upgrade, I'll be able to earn about 1,000 ranking points in less than 4 days by upgrading my Main Hall twice. And that's just with 1 of my 3 builders.

Obviously this analysis doesn't hold any water if this person has shot up rankings while progressing through several Guest Race chapters. So maybe this person just spent a ton of money on diamonds?

Laochra

The 'questionable member' is advanced enough that they have at least unlocked their tier 1 boosts & possibly their tier 2, but they have no tier 3 factories. They have a GA @ level 1 & the only culture prize is Venar's Rocks I (must have been before I started playing). The member that invited them jumped 10 ranking spots in the FS in record time just before this new person joined. I am trying to determine if these two details are coincidental or possibly related. My doubts stem from your comment regarding the trading of goods. I don't see trades from the new person that are posted, but that doesn't mean that the established member isn't posting trades & the new player could be taking them--filtering the goods to the member.
I am sure the person will not be remaining in the FS for much longer, so then it won't matter. I was just hoping to find out if there is a more definitive way to spot feeder accounts. :confused:

Laochra

Another follow-up to shooting up the rankings. There are certain times in the Guest Race chapters where its easy to gain 10K to 30K points in a few weeks, due to the structure of Guest Races (stop reading if you're familiar with advanced chapters :) ).
At the start of Guest Race chapters, players are stuck spending weeks building guest race buildings and accruing the specialty goods needed to unlock research. These Guest Race buildings give no rank. However, usually around halfway through each Guest Race chapter, the player now has unlocked new workshops, factories, main hall and military buildings. So in the course of a week or two, the player can build all of these upgrades consecutively, getting massive ranking points.
I'm in Orcs, and when I unlock my Main Hall upgrade, I'll be able to earn about 1,000 ranking points in less than 4 days by upgrading my Main Hall twice. And that's just with 1 of my 3 builders.

Obviously this analysis doesn't hold any water if this person has shot up rankings while progressing through several Guest Race chapters. So maybe this person just spent a ton of money on diamonds?
AH....I hadn't considered this & your comment got me curious, so I had to go double check for myself. The established member has a dwarven portal & just a few granite mines. It is possible that they spent diamonds......but...hard to say. Another reason that I also became suspicious is because the established member just changed FS in another realm-where I know one of the members. When the established member was contacted, they looked up the old FS that this member was in & the 'questionable' member in our FS was in that old FS.

Or.....maybe it's just another player that is just using the FS for their own gain & not helping the FS.

Last edited: