• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship adventure: how to switch paths?

Our FA approaching a switchpoint and is considering switching paths. Can we just continue where it looks like there's a trail drawn on the map to the new path? Or do we have to complete the swithpoint in the new path?

Specifically, we're on the green path in the 3rd stage and would like to switch to blue at the 2nd switchpoint. Taking the trail to blue at the switchpoint bypasses 32 blacksmith and 35 arcane residue requirements. Am I misunderstanding the mechanic? why would we be able to do this?

Let me know if I've missed an instructional post on this. Thank you

Attachments

• FA switchpoint.jpg
    FA switchpoint.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 133

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You will have to complete the switchpoint in the blue path, too. That's going to substitute 69 statues for the smiths and residue you'd bypass. I think switching there could be beneficial, but you would have needed decide early (preferably 2+days before the FA launches) so you could preset the extra statues and have them ready when it launches. If you didn't, making an extra 69 statues is going to be a challenge.

To clarify, we'd have to complete the 2nd switchpoint in blue (23 diamond necklaces, 69 elegant statues, 35 goldden bracelets), but *not* have to complete 1st blue switchpoint (35 carpenters, 9 tiaras, 64 blacksmiths)?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Yes the 2nd switch needs to be completed, but the 1st does not. Like @samidodamage said though, 69 2-day (statues) builds vs 32 1-day builds (blacksmiths). Arguably, 32 blacksmiths is "less expensive".

NightshadeCS

To agree with the others, yes, you will have to complete one additional point (the second blue switchpoint). My fellowship used to routinely take this same combo green/blue route to the flag on stage 3. I found it worked wonderfully.