• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures - 2 Steps in Stage Flag taking

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I was responding to someone who mentioned "idiot proof" so I was using the same word in response. I didn't originate the word "idiot."

Just to be clear. In American vernacular, "idiot proff" is not generally meant as an insult.

I play on mobile, no such message. If nobody fesses up, I dont see a thing.

I looked on my phone to see if you were missing something, was surprised to see you are right, it doesn't show under notifications.
I guess what you need is a "snitch" with a PC.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Just to be clear. In American vernacular, "idiot proff" is not generally meant as an insult.

I'm sorry; I should have made that clear in my post. You had nothing to do with that. And I probably shouldn't have used that word without the "proof" part but I didn't realize how it would be taken. Frankly, I don't see the harm in calling out idiotic behavior in unnamed and nonspecific players, and those things ARE idiotic, when they are done by people who have played FAs for years (new players are automatically forgiven). The only time it would offend me is if I were calling a specific person or team an idiot. But I guess some don't make any distinctions and are automatically offended. Different strokes for different folks.

I looked on my phone to see if you were missing something, was surprised to see you are right, it doesn't show under notifications.
I guess what you need is a "snitch" with a PC.

Oh wow; good to know. I always play on a PC so I was an idiot about that. :p

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm sorry; I should have made that clear in my post. You had nothing to do with that. And I probably shouldn't have used that word without the "proof" part but I didn't realize how it would be taken. Frankly, I don't see the harm in calling out idiotic behavior in unnamed and nonspecific players, and those things ARE idiotic, when they are done by people who have played FAs for years (new players are automatically forgiven). The only time it would offend me is if I were calling a specific person or team an idiot. But I guess some don't make any distinctions and are automatically offended. Different strokes for different folks.

I thought you took it the right way, but I got a little paranoid about how others might read the exchange.

I was reminded of playing online pinnochle one time a few years ago
After my partner commented on our winning a hand
I said it was a "no brainer"
They got offended and thought I was calling them stupid
I did not think they were stupid, until after they proved they were too stupid to know what "no brainer" meant :D

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I'm the FA mage fellow bc I can't trust myself to not accidentally pull the flag clicking around trying to update the spreadsheet :confused:

Iyapo1

@Darielle I was not offended by the fact that you called people idiots. I was amused by the fact that you called people idiots and then drew a line at calling them liars.
That you then turned around and blamed your language choice on someone else is even more amusing.
@mucksterme calling a thing "idiot proof" is not rude or insulting. Unless your talking about IKEA furniture instruction. Those are not idiot proof and calling them idiot proof will annoy anyone who has bought there...just sayin.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think it is fine as is
You need to click to open, then click to take
If you try to make the game idiot proof we'll be bogged down with "are you sure you want to do this"

Are you sure you want to say "idiot proof?"
Are you really, sure?
Really?
Idiot. ;)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I thought you took it the right way, but I got a little paranoid about how others might read the exchange.

I was reminded of playing online pinnochle one time a few years ago
After my partner commented on our winning a hand
I said it was a "no brainer"
They got offended and thought I was calling them stupid
I did not think they were stupid, until after they proved they were too stupid to know what "no brainer" meant :D
Hahaha, too funny! :p :p :p

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I just pulled the flag on mobile and did't get a warning dialog there. So I think it is actually missing on mobile?

Iyapo1

@The Fairy I play on mobile and have only pulled the flag once so I was unwilling to say this....I thought maybe my memory was off. I remember a puff of confetti and then prizes. I dont recall a warning.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
@Iyapo1 It looks like it was my memory that was off :oops: I remembered getting the warning, but apparently that was only in browser, not on mobile :(