• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures - Success or Fail?

• Thread starter DeletedUser6375
  • Start date

DeletedUser1053

In some ways I liked this one better than the first 2. This overlooks the obvious errors of having to make a ton of long builds with limited time. Also, I am not a fan of using the MA. I would not have one if I had a choice. The rewards were better off not being offered at all.

I like the shorter amount of time. I just wish there was no build that takes longer than 9 hours involved. Maybe just 3 days but have 9 hour or less items.

DeletedUser3468

This was an epic fail. None of the 4 Fellowships I belong to finished even though at least 2 of them had most members working all out on the badges. The worst result was in my smallest FS where my Arch Mage and Co-Mages and I tried to convince the group that it really was not a good thing to participate in. Too many badges over too short a period of time for prizes that weren't at all good. The newer of our players, who had not been playing during the first 2 FAs wanted to try though, so we all did what we could to help. We had done really well for such a small no diamonds Fellowship in the first 2 FAs, finishing both and scoring near the top 50 for Sinya Arda both times. (lost out on 50th place in the second FA at the last minute to a group that was placed ahead of our group in spite of having the exact same score... very disappointing but at least we finished!)
This last FA, we came in at 99, having only finished the first map and about a third of the second. It didn't help that many of us, myself included, were unable to put up a ton of level 1 workshops or T1 factories (2nd FA I had a total of 30 workshops and 4 sets of T1 factories; this time I only had the space to add 1 workshop for a total of 10 and a single set of T1's) to help with the badges. The end result was that everyone felt frustrated with our lack of success and the group basically imploded. We lost 4 good players, (a large number for such a small group) including one of our top members and mage. It simply stopped being fun for him. I felt the same way... the letdown was so great that I seriously thought of taking a long vacation from the game but stuck around because we'd already lost too many good players. There was other negative fallout but not something that needs to be talked about outside of our Fellowship.
I don't want to go through another of these FAs that require far too much effort, for far too little reward. The amount of badges need to be scaled back to the previous level or we need to be given at least another 2 - 4 days to finish so that all of those 24 and 48 hour badges are more attainable for even a small group like ours.