• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FELLOWSHIP ADVENTURES

AtaguS

Fellowship adventure is like an event, but one that your entire fellowship works toward completing together. There are 3 "stages", represented by maps with a variety of paths you can choose to take to complete the map and move on to the next stage. Rewards are given to the whole fs as each stage is completed. Unlike a tournament, the only way to share in these rewards is to participate in the adventure. They are fun, require some advance planning and a lot of communication among the fellows. Any player, at any level, can find a way to cotribute that doesn't tax their city too much. This is a team-work adventure, so helping each other out is a big bonus. Opinions vary, but in my opinion the best reward for playing is that is brings unity to a fs. You can read more about them, and find everything you will need to prepare by visiting Gems of Elvenar

Crow Last Elf

It is very helpful for one person or a very small group to take the lead during the FA. This should be decided as soon as possible.

If this is your fs's first FA together, it will save you a boat load of angst if, during the FA, you change the status of all memebers who are not in the lead group to "Fellow" so that the flags at the end of the stages are not pulled too early.

Plan ahead and be able to complete some 24hr or 48hr badges right after the event begins.

Last edited:

BlueBlade

@SARAHNAR In case you may not understand what the replies are talking about, a Fellowship Adventure and a Tournament are two different types of events. The FA (Fellowship Adventure) is a community building event within your fellowship that is really fun and exciting. It is required for a player to donate at minimum of ONE badge per stage to be able to receive that stage's prize. The Fellowships that are most successful at the Fellowship Adventures are like what @Crow Last Elf said. I'm the one in charge of the FA in my fellowship. We start planning our cities with sets of 5 workshops and sets of 3 tier-1 (planks, steel, & marble) manufacturers.. adding as many extra temporary level 1 buildings as we can fit in our cities by rearranging temporarily. If anyone is good with spreadsheets, there is a downloadable spreadsheet that can be used to input badge inventory. When we know the start date of the upcoming FA, we set all our workshops on blacksmiths (1-day) one day before the start date and all our tier-1 on statues (2 day) 2 days prior to the start date. We DO NOT collect them until the FA begins. That is vital to remember. VITAL! You don't want to lose out on a badge by collecting too fast either.. Make sure players don't stray from the designated chosen path for the stage.. that can waste badges and you'll need every badge you all create. Remember... it's all in FUN.. for FUN... and it's a GAME of TEAMWORK! =o)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is the core information for the Fellowship Adventures starting March 2020:
You are welcome to share our Note with Friends and Fellowship

https://tinyurl.com/u4w85q5

88248310_10216097712216200_362686769553997824_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to-join Facebook group for lovers of Elvenar with 6000+ members, .
Feel free to join us for all the latest news and discussion!

:)

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I believe Elven Gems said that a person will receive the reward if they throw a badge on any path in a given map, even if it isn't the one that the group is doing. I can't find that reference anymore. While I understand that it's best not to waste badges on an incorrect path, I want to make sure it's possible to still get credit for that map. That's what I told my AM. During the last FA, the fs wasted so many hours keeping the first map open just in case people were working and couldn't get a badge in yet, that we wound up with precious little time in later rounds, which are much harder. I'm hoping we can move a little faster this time so I assured her that if anyone knows they won't be able to get in to drop a badge within the next 12-15 hours, they can just drop it anywhere ahead of time. If I'm wrong, I'll need to correct that. I can understand waiting for people who are always on top of things and may have just had an emergency, but we wait for people who may or may not participate and don't communicate well, so I really don't want to do that again.

AtaguS

@Darielle a badge anywhere on the map gets a player the stage rewards. In my old fs we had a handful of players who never communicated and rarely played and we just made sure to make several announcement leading up to the close of a stage, giving the better part of a day's warning when the stage would close.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle a badge anywhere on the map gets a player the stage rewards. In my old fs we had a handful of players who never communicated and rarely played and we just made sure to make several announcement leading up to the close of a stage, giving the better part of a day's warning when the stage would close.
Great thanks! ... that's what I thought. I don't want to have to wait hours ... I think the good players lose interest when we have to wait for the laggers, and that's always bad to do on the first map. Keep 'em focused, I say. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A hard deadline can help, because it allows the impatient to turn their attention somewhere else. We're going to try 36 hours for stage one, 36 hours for stage 2, and 36 hours for stage three, leaving about 48 hours for the whirlpool for those that enjoy it. People will know up front that they have until about supper time Tuesday to get badges into stage one, then we move on.

Delyra

Fellowship adventure is like an event, but one that your entire fellowship works toward completing together. There are 3 "stages", represented by maps with a variety of paths you can choose to take to complete the map and move on to the next stage. Rewards are given to the whole fs as each stage is completed. Unlike a tournament, the only way to share in these rewards is to participate in the adventure. They are fun, require some advance planning and a lot of communication among the fellows. Any player, at any level, can find a way to cotribute that doesn't tax their city too much. This is a team-work adventure, so helping each other out is a big bonus. Opinions vary, but in my opinion the best reward for playing is that is brings unity to a fs. You can read more about them, and find everything you will need to prepare by visiting Gems of Elvenar
I read this, but it still does not make any sense to me. How do I get to the adventure? what do I need to do to participate? What on earth are badges? I literally started playing over the weekend, and I'm stumped with this right now.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I read this, but it still does not make any sense to me. How do I get to the adventure? what do I need to do to participate? What on earth are badges? I literally started playing over the weekend, and I'm stumped with this right now.
If you are in a fellowship, there will be a new quest giver on your left of screen that grants badges for doing dialy task like collecting 10 of this, or one each of these things.
1583953049090.png

If you are not in a fellowship, or did not join your fellowship until after the adventure dropped, the event will not appear, to prevent cheating by having extra accounts come-and-go to add badges

If you have the adventure, you will also see the Adventure flag, which takes you to the adventure map.

1583953067482.png
1583953104240.png

Delyra

This is very helpful! Thank you so much! I must have joined after it began. Downloaded game mon night. And I need a new fellowship. They were not overly helpful with this, not with trades.

NightshadeCS

This is very helpful! Thank you so much! I must have joined after it began. Downloaded game mon night. And I need a new fellowship. They were not overly helpful with this, not with trades.
Yes, it looks like you are in a FS of very new-ish players. They do not even have a description on their main page :-(

We are full up, or I would offer you a spot. If you post a message in the Arendyll "Members Seeking Fellowships" thread, you will almost assuredly get some offers.

LutherTheHairy

We are mostly new in our fellowship. One or two of us have been in other fellowships or have cities on other worlds and know a bit more.

OK I just found the map. They should make it accessible from the quest button too.

Still unclear...suppose we choose orange and then we get to stage 2 and decide to switch to green. On the map, those stage locations are no place near each other. Can our fellowship still switch to green at that point?
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 10.26.59 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes. Each stage is independent and doesn't relate to what you did before. Each trilight on a given stage is a crossover point. You can move one path to the side, then do another cross over point to move a second path to the side.

To move from orange to green at "2" you would have to complete Orange "2" and Blue "2" and Green "2"

It might help to look at the dots as gates across the path. You can follow anywhere there is a path where you have unlocked the gate to pass through it.