• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The FA is now confirmed for Tuesday 19th January 2021.

Full event information, including Spreadsheet, is here: https://tinyurl.com/yxsvyebf

Time to start collecting Catalysts and Magic Manufacturing Spells!

I am putting the finishing touch on the Master File with strategy hints, later today and it will be ready by Sunday.
All comments, corrections and suggestions would be welcome!

If you are one of the groups which use a spreadsheet - which we don't - you are welcome to make a copy of the one I made for our Note.
Paste it into Google Sheets!!

139077988_10218424384421551_5125488309396629850_n.jpg

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
Still haven't fixed the green check mark - it doesn't notify you on world map for certain badges completions ( hats/ marbles) and while some players say "it does but its so fast it disappears", you can miss collecting badges if you are relying of the notification. there is no expectation to see this fixed, if ever, so count your collections to avoid frustrations.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Still haven't fixed the green check mark - it doesn't notify you on world map for certain badges completions ( hats/ marbles) and while some players say "it does but its so fast it disappears", you can miss collecting badges if you are relying of the notification. there is no expectation to see this fixed, if ever, so count your collections to avoid frustrations.

The actual bug/feature is that the symbol displayed corresponds to the last badge status that was updated. So if you complete a tournament province, you may trigger multiple badges at once, and if the last one the game checks updates to incomplete progress, then the green check mark of completion for the other badges will be removed.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The actual bug/feature is that the symbol displayed corresponds to the last badge status that was updated. So if you complete a tournament province, you may trigger multiple badges at once, and if the last one the game checks updates to incomplete progress, then the green check mark of completion for the other badges will be removed.

Just to be clear for newer people

The Check leaves your screen
But if you click on the Taskmaster your completed badges will still show green
You don't lose progress but you may end up wasting resources because you do not realize you completed the badge

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

The easy way to handle this is to hover over the quest icon after every encounter. But I do agree, it is a pain!!

Nimitz69

Hellow all!
What is the best path to take first: orange, blue, or green?
Does it matter? How do you determine fastest route?
Any discussion is sincerely appreciated. Thanks millions...

Deleted User - 3932582

Hellow all!
What is the best path to take first: orange, blue, or green?
Does it matter? How do you determine fastest route?
Any discussion is sincerely appreciated. Thanks millions...
Different paths have different badge requirements, some of these combinations are easier to acquire for your FS. You'll need to make determination as to which one is easier for you.

And if you're going for max points, then it doesn't matter as you will be doing all the paths.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Nimitz69
You only need to complete one path to the top to get the prizes for that stage. Unless your FS is going for ranking, that is what I'd recommend. The easiest route is usually the one that takes the fewest badges; in this case that's Green in all 3 stages. There could be considerations around the badge types and the amount needed vs the ability of team members to make those badges. Jackluyt provided a link in the first post in this thread to his FB page with detailed info on all the badges/paths. You do not have to use FB to view this info. ElvenGems also has info on all of this here. Both sources provide a link to their spreadsheet templates provided for planning/tracking badge production.

nolats44

Does the number of badges applied by a player change the rewards that player receives from the completed path? for example: the fellowship follows the green path, but the player puts their badges on the other two paths.

Kekune

Does the number of badges applied by a player change the rewards that player receives from the completed path? for example: the fellowship follows the green path, but the player puts their badges on the other two paths.
No. As long as a player contributes anywhere in the stage, they get the prizes for that stage.

Deleted User - 3932582

No. As long as a player contributes anywhere in the stage, they get the prizes for that stage.
Apparently, once you contribute on one stage, you get rewards from all subsequent stages, even if you haven't placed anything in there.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
rewards are so bad in FSA, everyone should get a blueprint for placing a badge. And that should be retro-active.
Honestly, sell us a universal artifact for diamonds and remove FSA.

The scale to these rewards are garbage for the efforts. no one has said otherwise and yet, years later we are still asking for something better.

having a team event is awesome but this format is boring, tedious and not rewarding enough to retain interest in it, or the game. I play similar games that offer weekly events and each one is more exciting then the last. this game gives you the same broken event 3-4 times a year. i don't think FSA brings teams together, the FSA is more likely to break a fellowship apart. what does that say about this fellowship activity? I cant name another game that makes players want to change fellowships/co-ops/ guilds, 3-4 times a year! A player should leave a fellowship because they have different interests or goals, not because the FSA makes them want to pull their hair out, gouge out their eyes and sit agitated in a corner for 6 days until it ends..... that doesn't even bring into consideration the PTSD that follows.

Teams that found a way to cope ( not a word that should be used when describing an event ) continue to place badges and complete the FSA, but new groups are not engaging in this activity after a few fails, because, well, its not interesting to keep falling on your face. Inno makes beverages 2 minutes to retain players but cant beef up stage rewards or add fellowship planning tools. I'd rather bump around in a dark cave with bats and spiders.

My group finishes the FSA, all three stages. every time. But, its the worst thing that comes to my mind about Elvenar (now that mobile has wonders ). I would throw a party and spend diamonds on my fellowship, if I Never saw an FSA again. The new badge types are great, but why is there no auto collect system, why this silly need to open a side window at all that doesn't work well, suffers from lag and waits for floating text to disappear before counting collections or wont notify you correctly because of partially completed badges? Why is the only strategy left in this event, "how to dodge around the broken features of FSA?"

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Apparently, once you contribute on one stage, you get rewards from all subsequent stages, even if you haven't placed anything in there.
@helya @Xelenia @Cerwyn @Muf-Muf @Nightguest

Can you please confirm this change?

If it is true, does it work in reverse as well? By this I mean can a player insert in stage 3 and get the prizes for 1&2 retroactively when the stage 3 flag is taken? This is a feature we've requested since day one, and it would be great news indeed if true.