• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Invite/Score Bug

Vigali

Game version: v1.179.2-(7f1c681) - html5 (2023-07-20 09:24)
Game world: Harandar

Current situation:
When attempting to invite a new member to our fellowship, upon accepting the invitation, the player's ranking score was added to our fellowship's score -- but the player was not actually added to the fellowship. We subsequently sent many invitations, all of which were accepted, and it continued to add their score to the FS score without actually adding the player to the FS. Screenshot below shows the very obviously bugged out FS score.

Expected situation:
New player should be properly added to the FS.

Reproduction Steps
Invite Player to Fellowship
2. Player accepts invite
3. Check FS roster, see that player has not been added.
4. Check FS score, see that the player's points HAVE been added.
5. Repeat.

Screenshots of the bug:
1689941226830.png

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Game version: v1.179.2-(7f1c681) - html5 (2023-07-20 09:24)
Game world: Harandar

Current situation:
When attempting to invite a new member to our fellowship, upon accepting the invitation, the player's ranking score was added to our fellowship's score -- but the player was not actually added to the fellowship. We subsequently sent many invitations, all of which were accepted, and it continued to add their score to the FS score without actually adding the player to the FS. Screenshot below shows the very obviously bugged out FS score.

Expected situation:
New player should be properly added to the FS.

Reproduction Steps
Invite Player to Fellowship
2. Player accepts invite
3. Check FS roster, see that player has not been added.
4. Check FS score, see that the player's points HAVE been added.
5. Repeat.

Screenshots of the bug:
View attachment 16216
Have sent in a support ticket? That would be best if you have not.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
it continued to add their score to the FS score without actually adding the player to the FS.
Congratulations on conquering and completely eviscerating the competition on Harandar! :D :D :D

Too bad you can’t parlay this into getting actual recruits due to the nature of the bug while you’re still on top. :( Keep trying to add the new member until you reach a buffer overflow on the score and see what happens. We are gonna need more popcorn.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If I had to guess there may be a hidden or troublesome character in the players name or the system is confused about /his/her membership status... maybe in one place he/she is still in his/her old fs while in another he/she is not?

Dhurrin

Strange bug, still ongoing. I noticed yesterday we had issues.
2 open spots in our FS (on US Elcysandir). I (as AM) could not get them accepted. Each time I clicked on the application the game crashed and needed to be reloaded. I tried a different browser, same results.

But when I sent them an invite they could accept it and enter the FS.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I had a player come in a couple days ago. We had a heck of a time getting him in. I am not sure, but it might be because I sent him an invite at nearly the same time he sent a request. I saw both the request and my invite in the overview section for applicants, and I accepted his request. But he didn't get in ... all it did was dump me out of the game and I had to reload. I tried that 3 times before I told him I didn't think that was going to work, so I told him instead of my accepting his request, he should accept my invite instead. He tried that ... and he had the same problem. So then I suggested that we delete both the request and the invitation, and then I will reload and then reinvite him, and he can accept. That finally worked. Never had that problem before. I should have put in a ticket but since it worked within 20 minutes or so, I figured it was just because there was a problem with having an invite and a request in at the same time.