• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help Fellowship Members

RichWood

Does it hurt me, as a Fellowship, if I Remove Members that refuse to show up for meetings and refuse to communicate?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Do they tourney, visit, trade, climb Spire, or donate to the Adventure? It's your decision, of course, but not everyone communicates with others. Often there is a language barrier; for example, they could be playing on mobile and do not speak English.

RichWood

Do they tourney, visit, trade, climb Spire, or donate to the Adventure? It's your decision, of course, but not everyone communicates with others. Often there is a language barrier; for example, they could be playing on mobile and do not speak English.
Thank you Lelanya for your answer, I did not think of a language barrier being on a US Server. Some do somethings but it is on their own it seems. As a Fellowship, I believe good communication helps the entire Fellowship, without it, you might as well play Outside of a Fellowship. My question is if I Remove a member, how does it affect my Fellowship? I do not want members to be leeching for their own benefit. We as a Fellowship can do much more if we know what is going with them or if they can help in Trades, Tournaments, Spire and in giving Knowledge Points.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It might be helpful to look on the player provided site: ElvenStats. <<that link should drop you into the stats for your FS.
4 of your members have black triangles; some haven't had a score change since August; the others last changed score in early October. While it is possible to play with zero score change, it's not likely for any length of time, especially in a small city. It's much more likely they've abandoned the city and/or game completely.

RichWood

It might be helpful to look on the player provided site: ElvenStats. <<that link should drop you into the stats for your FS.
4 of your members have black triangles; some haven't had a score change since August; the others last changed score in early October. While it is possible to play with zero score change, it's not likely for any length of time, especially in a small city. It's much more likely they've abandoned the city and/or game completely.
Thank you samidodamage for answering. I've given a deadline for showing up for meeting time, I'll just have to wait and see. But my real question is if i remove someone, has does it affect the Fellowship.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
It will lower your fellowship score and rank. It will make room for new members and cause you to look more attractive. Besides that I am not sure what you would mean.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@RichWood Not everybody wants to chat or be social. Some just want to play the game. I've always looked at stuff like doing tournament and spire, participation in fellowship adventures, and providing help visits to fellowship members as the primary measure of activity. I view participation in chat or AW threads as optional as long as a player is otherwise active.

Yogi Dave

I've never really thought of meetings in a fellowship. But have sent out a message for one reason or another, such as are you going to participate in this FA or we are thinking about changing some rules of the FS, what do you think. My FS has mainly had members in the US, but we've also had some from England, Estonia, Greece, Slovenia, Australia and the Philippines. Lots of different time zones. We haven't had people from all this places at the same time in the FS, but as you can see, a time scheduled meeting just wouldn't work.

As @samidodamage noticed you have inactive players in your FS. Loss of FS ranking points by removing them from the FS doesn't matter if they aren't playing since the FS is not gaining any benefit from them in tourneys or the spire or the FA. or NH. New members who play are the most important part of an FS, as long as they are respectful of the other members. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
The fs I'm in has a rule that members are required to check their mail within a timely manner (several days) and if will be gone and not able to to just let us know