• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship outside the fellowship?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It seems odd that the new Fellowship Perks feature is designed to "increase" the communication between players when we have no way to chat with anybody outside our fellowship. When I first came here I spent a couple years talking to myself. During that time I "met" a few of my neighbors but mostly, nothing, zip, zero contact with anybody. I'm pretty sure it would have gone better if there was at least a "regional" or even "neighborly" chat option. I'm thinking that if all those who were big enough to have discovered me were allowed on my neighborly chat I'd have done much better. And I wonder how many who currently quit, would hang around because they actually made some friends? Or got good advice more easily than coming to the forum to ask?

So, in my opinion, if Inno really wants players to interact, they should have some kind of "global," "regional," or even "neighborly" chat stream.

Of course this has been suggested many times so I doubt anything will change. Still, I must suggest that the goal of increased player interaction would be greatly helped by such a feature.

Just my opinion.

AJ

Bellerefon

Chatting is one of the weakest features of this game. Totally agree.
"Regional" as in world-you-live-in chat is a minimum requirement. A must.
In general, chat and msgs streaming functions need re-designing.
Increased number of members per FS and more team designed games/rewards are also aspects that should be considered.
"Sharing" and "community" aspects enhance player participation and retention.

Last edited:

Huor

They may move to something like a world chat at some point. They have a "community" discord link in rise of cultures, so they may be testing how this would work in their other games. This is currently at the entire game level which may need to be changed up as that's a lot of traffic. Some, if not all of the community managers are Inno support staff. The in game chat is pretty much the same as ours.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
From everything I have read before, the chat panel and how it works is all programmed by an outside company and not by the Inno devs, so getting anything about it changed is more complex than anything else in the game.

Myne

Oh Wise One
They keep adding stuff and changing stuff. A good method of communication to your entire fellowship would be a discord channel. Genuine discussions could happen, rather than the very limited messaging back and forh.

edit: forth too