• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship trades & reconstruction tool

LadySnowblood

I'm sure these have both been suggested before but couldn't find threads to add to, so apologies if this is old news. Giving players the ability to post 'fellowship only' trades who be very beneficial when trying to help out new players. I'm always happy to pass some slanted trades to new comers, but with the current system they just get scooped up by outsiders. In addition, a reconstruction tool would be fantastic! Inno's Forge of Empires has both of these features and since the coding is clearly heavily borrowed from that game, I would think they shouldn't be difficult additions?

Yogi Dave

Welcome to the game and the forum. Ideas, discussion and participation are always welcome.

Giving players the ability to post 'fellowship only' trades who be very beneficial when trying to help out new players. I'm always happy to pass some slanted trades to new comers, but with the current system they just get scooped up by outsiders.
As you suspected, this has been suggested many times and has never gotten any real traction. Good reasons for and against allowing this have been given. However, it isn't strictly needed for your purpose. What we do in my FS and others I've been in is have the person who will receive the goods place 0 or 1 star trades as agreed upon before hand. That way if someone else takes them, it's great; the FS just got a bonus in goods, but probably no one will take them.

a reconstruction tool would be fantastic!
I have no idea what that is.

Inno's Forge of Empires has both of these features and since the coding is clearly heavily borrowed from that game, I would think they shouldn't be difficult additions?
The games may be similar and some concepts are used in both of them, but that does not mean they share code or development teams. Also, there are enough differences between the two games that some people like one and not the other. Making them more alike may not be a good direction to go.

LadySnowblood

Welcome to the game and the forum. Ideas, discussion and participation are always welcome.

As you suspected, this has been suggested many times and has never gotten any real traction. Good reasons for and against allowing this have been given. However, it isn't strictly needed for your purpose. What we do in my FS and others I've been in is have the person who will receive the goods place 0 or 1 star trades as agreed upon before hand. That way if someone else takes them, it's great; the FS just got a bonus in goods, but probably no one will take them.

I have no idea what that is.

The games may be similar and some concepts are used in both of them, but that does not mean they share code or development teams. Also, there are enough differences between the two games that some people like one and not the other. Making them more alike may not be a good direction to go.
I agree with that, but these are basic tools that could benefit this game. And just suggestions of course :)

The reconstruction tool allows you to temporarily store most items in your town and then replace them, making reorg's far easier. You do have to replace everything you store before finishing reconstruction so it doesn't make it too easy.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I agree with that, but these are basic tools that could benefit this game. And just suggestions of course :)

The reconstruction tool allows you to temporarily store most items in your town and then replace them, making reorg's far easier. You do have to replace everything you store before finishing reconstruction so it doesn't make it too easy.
There are teleport spells available as prizes in the Spire (once you get to chapter 3) Each spell allows you to store one building (with some exceptions that can not be removed from the board and put back do (Evolving buildings, Ancient wonders, and some others, where the ability to store them until needed would provide an unfair advantage. The devs have so far said they have no intention of offering other storage options.

As indicated, Fellowship only trades are not popular with the majority, as they interfere with the social aspects of the game. Any efforts to resurect the idea are likely to be faced with strong resistance. You're better off arranging a time when you can be on together and the bad-slanted trades can be requested by the person who wants to share their excess.

LadySnowblood

Thank you, I did know about the teleport buildings, definitely not the same thing but appreciate the tip. I didn't realize before my post that the idea of fellowship only trades faced such strong resistance. I'm not sure how they would make the game less social, but wouldn't mind hearing about this if someone feels like filling me in from past discussion. I spent likely my first year playing this game (not very actively lol) solo in my fellowship. I never once heard a word from anyone til I opened up my fellowship to new players. But again, this was only a suggestion and based on frustration that, even when having members there ready to take trades, they are quickly picked up by outsiders. Just scanning through the forum today, I've seen mentioned many times that the trading environment in the game is unfavourable, I've definitely found the same. I'm guessing that has something to do with any trades fair or better getting scooped up quickly. :) Thanks again for the feedback.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Thank you, I did know about the teleport buildings, definitely not the same thing but appreciate the tip. I didn't realize before my post that the idea of fellowship only trades faced such strong resistance. I'm not sure how they would make the game less social, but wouldn't mind hearing about this if someone feels like filling me in from past discussion. I spent likely my first year playing this game (not very actively lol) solo in my fellowship. I never once heard a word from anyone til I opened up my fellowship to new players. But again, this was only a suggestion and based on frustration that, even when having members there ready to take trades, they are quickly picked up by outsiders. Just scanning through the forum today, I've seen mentioned many times that the trading environment in the game is unfavourable, I've definitely found the same. I'm guessing that has something to do with any trades fair or better getting scooped up quickly. :) Thanks again for the feedback.
Teleport is almost exactly the same thing. It teleports a building from your city into your iventory so you can keep it there until you are ready to place it again. In the wiki, see the bottom of the enchantments section here.

In any game groups have a tendency to be insular. The largest majority of players are not in fellowships, and new players are always dropped at random in a mix of more mature cities. If they can't see any decent trades, they are less likely to keep playing and less likely to develop relationships with their neighbours. Very few trades are so spectacular that they need to be hidden from your neighbours. We each have boosted goods, so even offering 2:1 is cheaper than making the other goods ourselves. If you're afraid that your 120:100 or 1500:1000 trades are going to get stolen by neighbours, then let your FS members offer you 100:120 or 1000:1500.

LadySnowblood

I would agree that the teleport is virtually the same as the 'storage building' feature in Forge of Empires, but it only allows you to store some things not all, only one per teleport. The reconstruction tool allows you to move your entire city (except Town/Main Hall) into temporary storage, then replace it with better organization (must be done in one go, you can't leave half your stuff in the reconstruction storage and come back to finish later and everything stored must be returned in your city to finish). Storage buildings (teleports) can then be saved for storing things on a more indefinite/by need basis. Definitely not the same thing I was suggesting :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You're correct, it's not the same thing as reconstruction mode, it's only individual storage. And according to the developers, it's all we're getting, which is the only point I intended to make. There is no shared code base, and there is no shared design team.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ah perfect thanks, that answers my questions. Like it the way it is or lump it lol
Not in the least. Nothing stops people from asking, but the mods have asked us to to avoid duplication, and since storage and ways to wipe the slate and rebuild the city have been asked for many, many, times, to have any possibility of success, the requestor would need to look thoroughly at the past requests and present a clear idea that offers something different, or a compelling reason for why things are different now and the designers should reconsider their position. The failure of most ideas is not presenting a clear idea that gives a good reason to make the change beyond a sort of "I'd like this," or "wouldn't it be cool if....".

Primarily solo games are about testing ourselves agaisnt the existing conditions. The test many of us apply is: Does this idea make the game more interesting, or only easier? More interesting automatically improves engagement and retention. If the answer is "only easier," then it also needs to show why it would help with player engagement and retention, since those are key to income flow, which is key to the game being continued.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Ashrem The only thing I'd add is instead of "does this idea make the game more interesting, or only easier?" would be to say "does this idea make the game more interesting or only easier than it needs to be." Sometimes things are added that make the game harder than it needs to be and the devs, in those cases, have wisely fixed the needless (and usually tedious) difficulty....like the first FA interface....yuk!.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem The only thing I'd add is instead of "does this idea make the game more interesting, or only easier?" would be to say "does this idea make the game more interesting or only easier than it needs to be." Sometimes things are added that make the game harder than it needs to be and the devs, in those cases, have wisely fixed the needless (and usually tedious) difficulty....like the first FA interface....yuk!.

AJ
I'd counter that fixing bugs is not really a feature / suggestion, and I hope I never speak out against fixing bugs or reversing reckless changes.

You are welcome to add that. If someone wants a change to the game, I will judge it on whether it makes the game more interesting. And I think improvements that get flaws out of the way to make playing easier are fine. It is perfectly possible to make it easier to play the game, without making the game mechanics easier. As one example, the suggestion to move the first tab on the trader for people at Divine Seeds level (Collect). it makes playing easier, but doesn't make the game easier.

shimmerfly

As one example, the suggestion to move the first tab on the trader for people at Divine Seeds level (Collect). it makes playing easier, but doesn't make the game easier.
Sorry to be off subject but whatever happened to that change? I thought it was approved. Or maybe just sent to the Devs. Everytime I opene the trader I wonder why that tab is where it is.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sorry to be off subject but whatever happened to that change? I thought it was approved. Or maybe just sent to the Devs. Everytime I opene the trader I wonder why that tab is where it is.
It seems clear they're using rapid development, which means a tightly controlled schedule and very little opportunity for "extras." I'm sure it will happen one day.

Handgrenade

I think that the trader needs to have a thorough overhaul. Im completely against FS only trades for the obvious reason that it limits social interaction. This game is already very limited in that respect.
1: adjust trader ratings: Add 5 stars, 1:1 should be 3 stars. 1:1 to 1:4 = 4 *, <1:4 to 1:8=5star. Same decending.
2: add FS only option: see only FS trades.
3: Add trade rating option: only see 1,2,3 star trades ect.
4: if option 2 is not input, change the color of FS trade stars, silver and gold... any color works.
5: add an expedited trade option, flag for attention move it to top of list, 1 or 2 max per day / week...

I think all these changes can easily be added to the filter, or the same way as the no fee button.

Just my thoughts.