• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowships, and finding the balance

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849327848
  • Start date

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You keep your personal progress in the Spire when you change Fellowships during the week, but your points for the purple bar do not transfer with you. As for getting group rewards from the new Fellowship, the Wiki does not say, but I think I remember switching once after the Spire started and the group rewards were not available to earn because I was not in the Fellowship when the Spire opened. It is like the FAs, where you have to be there at the start or no rewards for you.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So then is there a bug of some sort? Because one of my crew totalled our score about 4 weeks back and the incoming player 's score was added in total.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Spire:
So then is there a bug of some sort? Because one of my crew totalled our score about 4 weeks back and the incoming player 's score was added in total.
We had someone join our FS each of the past 3 weeks (between 2 different FS) and the points they got before joining us did not count.
I am 100% certain of this because once it actually cost us our gold spire and we added it up at least 5 times.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
All right then, we had a weird glitch, for sure.
It was Spire, and we totalled it. I will ask the crew for details.

NightshadeCS

As regards my info on the tourney, I got that from Mykan's guide and did not test it for accuracy. If we figure out the definitive answer on these, we should ask him to edit the guide to match.

I also searched the Wiki but could not find anything that helped with either tourney or Spire.

michaelw777

I thought I had read somewhere on the Elvenar site that the Spire points went with you if you changed FS's during a Spire run. According to Support, they don't count in the new FS's score. If true, this is confusing as the person that transferred to us showed as being at the top of the Spire with us, giving us a total of 25 to max the Spire. This is the quote I received from CS:

"Thank you for contacting the Elvenar support team.

We're happy to help you with this.

Spire of Eternity points earned by players who left a Fellowship and then joined your Fellowship during the Spire do not bring their prior progress with them. Only points earned while they are a member of your Fellowship will be included in your Fellowship's total.

We hope this helps. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

helya
Co-Community Manager "

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought I had read somewhere on the Elvenar site that the Spire points went with you if you changed FS's during a Spire run. According to Support, they don't count in the new FS's score. If true, this is confusing as the person that transferred to us showed as being at the top of the Spire with us, giving us a total of 25 to max the Spire. This is the quote I received from CS:

"Thank you for contacting the Elvenar support team.

We're happy to help you with this.

Spire of Eternity points earned by players who left a Fellowship and then joined your Fellowship during the Spire do not bring their prior progress with them. Only points earned while they are a member of your Fellowship will be included in your Fellowship's total.

We hope this helps. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

helya
Co-Community Manager "

That is because you don't lose your solo Spire progress. So while it showed them at the top because they had finished the Spire, their 63 purple bar points were not part of your fellowship total.

SoggyShorts

We had a fellow who joined us after getting 26 spire points in another FS this week, and our total as a FS was off by 26 points.

SoggyShorts

Which is why it's confusing. They are not at the top of OUR Spire.
I think it's better to display it this way though.

Imagine you're at the top and your new FS is a few points short asking you if you can just do 3 more encounters.
"Sorry, I'm at the top"
-"no you're not"
"Yes I am"
-"I blame michaelw777" :p

michaelw777

I think it's better to display it this way though.

Imagine you're at the top and your new FS is a few points short asking you if you can just do 3 more encounters.
"Sorry, I'm at the top"
-"no you're not"
"Yes I am"
-"I blame michaelw777" :p
Ha. Always better to blame the customer rather than acknowledge a fault in the system. ;-) And right now the system has 3 (4?) different ways in dealing with participation when someone moves from one FS to another.
FA: Can't participate in new FS. All progress lost except for rewards already received (I think).
Tourney: Some points remain with previous FS, some go to new FS, but only points in new FS are shown in new FS.
Spire: All points go with you AND are shown in the new FS, but points in old FS don't count in the new FS.
Event: Actually, I'm not sure what happens in that case. But since it's individual progress, I'm thinking it carries over.

I went looking for the Spire information before putting in a ticket. I could not find it in the Spire portion of the wiki.

The player does need to see their progress somewhere - we can agree on that! At any rate I now understand how it's working - but what I can tell you is that I was not the only one to think the progress carried over - even the AM thought that as well as other very experienced players. Certainly I think you would agree that the Spire report leads you to think they participated with us. There needs to be a more communicative message on what happens with various progress when people change fellowships.

It may not be clear from my comments, but I'm not complaining about what actually happens in each of these instances. They all strike me as fair. But in the absence of a specific message on them, it is indeed confusing.