• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FFX Remaster

DeletedUser5800

So this is random but here among my fellow gamer nerds I thought I would throw this question out there.

I played FFX like 400 hrs on PS2 and 42 in. LCD TV, complete sphere grid redesign, all the celestial weapons, etc. without much of a problem with maybe the exception of 200 lightning dodges taking a few more hrs than I wanted it to.

I am now playing the remaster on PS4 on a 70 inch LED TV and cannot for the life of me dodge more than 3 consecutive lightning bolts and have about a week invested in finishing the Chocobo Catcher race with a time of 0:00 and have made 3.9 in seriously like 80 hrs of trying.

Am I just older now and suck or has anyone else ran into those 2 things being freaking impossible on better tech.? Because it seems to me that the hit boxes on birds is stretched and the lighting has to be dodged right before the flash as opposed to at the same time.

I plan on scrounging up an older TV and rigging an HDMI connection but if it's the Remaster itself that won't help and if I just suck that won't help. :eek:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Am I just older now and suck :eek:

:oops::oops:I have had quite the opposite result...I am still able to do all I have been able to do from back in the day...the only difference I have seen now is the graphic is much better? Oh oh oh, have a 70 inch as well so things are much bigger? Though for me...they have allowed me to dodge better ... not worst... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser2824

Don't know about FFX, since I haven't actually finished that one and don't have the remaster, but I've had problems with other remastered games. Especially the really old ones I used to be good at back in the day, like Crash. The remaster controls feel so different, me and my sister can't get timings right anymore. Although, I've been playing the revamped FFXII, and haven't had any problems in that department. I just suck trying to re-strategize with the new gameplay system. ;)

Laochra

Besides Elvenar, FFX & FFXII are the only other games I have played consistently. I have not seen or tried the remastered FFX, so I can't speak to it (I only played the original on PS2). I am currently replaying the original FFXII right now & I understand what you mean. The first time I played it, I had an older 37 or 42-inch tv. This time around I am playing on a 55-inch flat screen. The older graphics in the game are more obvious with the bigger screen. Or maybe it's because I am using it for my monitor on my desk? LOL I am trying to beat my old score from my first time playing (all level 999, Tournesol, Zodiac Spear, ribbons, etc).
It has been a while since FFX. I had all the legendary weapons. I think I was only successful with the lightning strikes one time, after many, many tries. The Chocobo catcher was tough too. I don't remember if I succeeded at that, but I do remember the hand cramps from gripping the controller while attempting to urge the chocobo faster. :rolleyes:

@Lord Draconian : 3 of my FS names & all of my city names are based off of FFXII locations. :D

DeletedUser5800

I have had quite the opposite result
Well :p No really thanks, I was actually looking for just that response. My son has the PS2 and my old T.V. so in my frustration I went back to the old one and did it in less than an hr which supported that it wasn't me but if you did better then then it probably is just me for whatever reason. I'm not willing to admit it's because I got old and worse sense I can still own it on the old one but after approx. 6,000 fails on the Remaster something is amiss. I can literally start the race, set the controller down and it will auto run as well as I can do. I did get 14 balloons ONCE and I did get 0 birds ONCE, sadly about 2,000 tries apart. LOL

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Well...when I had originally played, I kinda sucked a bit more back than...not sure if that makes a difference LMAO!!

Well :p No really thanks, I was actually looking for just that response. My son has the PS2 and my old T.V. so in my frustration I went back to the old one and did it in less than an hr which supported that it wasn't me but if you did better then then it probably is just me for whatever reason. I'm not willing to admit it's because I got old and worse sense I can still own it on the old one but after approx. 6,000 fails on the Remaster something is amiss. I can literally start the race, set the controller down and it will auto run as well as I can do. I did get 14 balloons ONCE and I did get 0 birds ONCE, sadly about 2,000 tries apart. LOL

DeletedUser5800

Weeeelllll… so I decide to go for it for the bazilionth time before I start rearranging furniture and doing experiments to figure out variables and way overthinking everything as per usual and the first few runs I'm getting 9 or 10 balloons and hit by 2 or 3 birds just like the previous all of freaking time and I notice the computer in the corner pop up a thing just as I'm starting a run so I yell into the other room for my wife to come tell me what the computer is saying because I didn't want to stop failing long enough to walk three steps and see, she walks dead in front of me as I'm rounding the turn, tells me it's asking if I want to update now or later, I tell her to go ahead push now, she walks dead back in front of me as I'm hitting the end stretch, I say 'Thanks for walking in front of me twice" because I'm a sarcastic butt :D... and just as she's telling me something similar to how I'm a butt :( having paid hardly any attention and been distracted the whole run, not knowing what I had done, BOOM! So apparently I was just trying to hard. :eek: The trick was to give up all hope and not really pay attention. :rolleyes: 35 seconds 12 balloons 0 birds :cool:
upload_2018-5-12_21-50-38.png

Last edited by a moderator: