• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fight, or negotiate/How to get stronger units?

• Thread starter DeletedUser3953
  • Start date

DeletedUser3953

I love the combat system as it reminds me of a old game I played when I was pretty young, but my units are very weak compared to most. I can only get rank 12 units, but I'm facing rank 28 max right now, and I'm also seeing the dog unit(Cerberus?) on a few scouted areas. My main question is how do you get above rank 12 units? Or should I just take my time and negotiate?

DeletedUser3297

Unlock the squad size upgrades on the research tree will allow you to fight with larger armies. When gaining KP, look for the technologies on the research that will advance you faster toward building stronger armies. That way you'll have a stronger army to clear the provinces faster and will have an easier time filling in all the KP on the research.

DeletedUser3312

I negotiate a lot as I am a human and they do not have that strong a military. and it is difficult to beat 8 or 10 enemy with only 5 weaker soldiers. But it is fun to fight the first 5 or 6 rings. Then it becomes harder and by the time you are on the 9th ring and up.. it's almost impossible. Hopefully the changes they are working on will resolve the issue.

DeletedUser3297

Never had an issue fighting with human armies, I think they have some pretty strong advantages. My 2 human cities has more provinces unlocked than my 3 elf ones. I also do a lot of negotiating in elves.

DeletedUser3312

I do not. I truly struggle with battles now and it gets frustrating. If there are more than 5 enemy, I don't even bother. I know I will get beat.

DeletedUser3297

The promoted axe barbarian can take out units twice it size with ease, same with the promoted crossbowman. The paladin is great for using terrain to your advantage to kill enemies without getting struck once, the cerebrus can usually take out cannoneers and other ranged units on the first strike.

Elves don't have the range of the cerebrus yet and the treants do not hve the tactical advantage that the paladins have. Axe barbarians also seem to be stronger than swordancers.

Also the biggest advantage that both humans and elves need to remember when fighting, it's not about advancing closer to the enemy, it's about striking first. If you can't strike the enemy on the first round, don't move. Let the enemy come to you, it's a very high possibility that they won't hit you with their first move either. Round two, move in and knock them down to your size so that when round 3 comes they won't be strong enough to take you out. Then one by one, go around and pick them all off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

Funny- I was just responding to a different post with an answer that should probably go here. If you do what kaylee suggests you'll come out fine --if you set the right troops out in the right positions. Which I'm sure kalee does as she sounds like an experienced gamer in battle. I would only suggest a slight variation to not moving first and that would be to move into a position where you are still out of range but within counter strike range for your next turn. That's especially true when using Axe/Sword against Golem. If you scroll over Golem/Stein you can see their full movement range in red. Tack on an additional 3 spaces for their projectile and be one space outside of their range if you want to counter with axe/sword.
A note on the cerbs- they get killed quickly if you attack immediately and there are LM, or HM units nearby. If it's a canon I usually go staright at it first turn and sacrifice the cerb. If not you can bring them into the fight in round 2 and clean out archers with fewer losses if your other troops have joined the melee.

DeletedUser3312

I try to move 1st and stay out of range. you can do that except with archers, priests, and cerebus. They can pretty much get you anywhere you are. but it does help you to be able to strike first and make them vulnerable. I don't win many fights as I have stated but.. I'm all hopeful that the changes being worked on will change all that.