• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FIGHTING AWs

iamthouth

Tetris Master
In order left to right, and circle back, each unit is strong agains the next two, and weak against the previous two.

SuNaya Dark

I'm in Chapter 5 on both cities. I've been stocking up on Orc Warriors.
And I just realized I can actually USE them in battles because the Orc Chapter (8) only needs ORCS - not Orc WARRIORS - for Trade/Upgrade things, yes?
I don't need an ORC NEST until Chapter 8, right?
Someone please let me know. I've researched this in the Forum and I keep getting confused by all the "tech" talk about them.

Thank you.
- SuNaya Dark

SuNaya Dark

Hi.
I'm in Chapter 5 with both of my cities, and I've been stocking up on Orc Warriors.
And I just now realized that it's actual ORCS in Chapter 8 that I'll need for Trade/Upgrade/etc things in that chapter.
So, my question is this: Should I go ahead and spend them in battles, or continue to hoard them?

Thanks.
- SuNaya Dark

Edit - I just moved into Ch 6 with both of my cities. About to get my DWARF on... =P

Last edited:

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@SuNaya Dark continue to hoard Orcs, as requirements increase with each chapter, and some chapters are Orc intensive, and will deplete large stocks. They are also required in Spire and Tournament when catering.
Your Orc Warriors and Orc Strategists you should use whenever fighting.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
@SuNaya Dark Orcs are different than the fighting orcs. It does cost the new ch.8 regular orcs resource to train the other orcs that are troops in the training grounds. Certain buildings give you the fighting orcs as well to save up there if you don't want to spend your regular resource orcs that you will need later on.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Orc warriors are quite squishy for a heavy melee unit. Archers and mages will shred them to pieces. I prefer the other heavy melee units.
They have no defense but they do chop harder than a Treant. There are some situations where they can be useful, especially if you know enemies will target your other units first and leave them alone.

SuNaya Dark

So, then: Spend the Orc WARRIORS if I see them as beneficial in a fight.
When I get to Ch 8, HOARD ALL ORCS until I have enough to SPEND them easily.
Got it.
Thank you!
- SuNaya Dark

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
So, then: Spend the Orc WARRIORS if I see them as beneficial in a fight.
When I get to Ch 8, HOARD ALL ORCS until I have enough to SPEND them easily.
Got it.
Thank you!
- SuNaya Dark

Silk tourney is a good tourney for Treants and Orc Warriors. Orc Warriors kill Light Melee better than a Treant but a Treant will fare better than Orc Warrior against fellow Heavy Melee because Orc Warriors can’t take many hits. Silk is full of LM and HM combos.

Yogi Dave

I very rarely use orc warriors since they are easy to kill by almost any troop other than the LM. There are not too many battles that have 4 or 5 LM. I find that I like Orc Strategist much better. However, the biggest problem with spending orcs for troops is upgrades to workshops require orcs. (That's one of the good reasons to have magic workshops if you have the blueprints - no orcs required to upgrade them.). Other buildings such as armories require orcs to upgrade them as you get into the higher chapters. But that's not a concern to you for several chapters yet.

SuNaya Dark

I very rarely use orc warriors since they are easy to kill by almost any troop other than the LM. There are not too many battles that have 4 or 5 LM. I find that I like Orc Strategist much better. However, the biggest problem with spending orcs for troops is upgrades to workshops require orcs. (That's one of the good reasons to have magic workshops if you have the blueprints - no orcs required to upgrade them.). Other buildings such as armories require orcs to upgrade them as you get into the higher chapters. But that's not a concern to you for several chapters yet.
Seems as though I'll be "going slowly and parked at the end" of Chapter 8 to build resources (namely - ORCS!)

Thank you.