• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fights - How do I beat this fight

Mykan

Oh Wise One
In another thread it was raised that many people are unsure of how to beat certain fights. It was suggested we create a thread to help people figure out how best to succeed in specific fight scenarios. Thank you @Bobbykitty for the suggestion.

This is not a general how to for fighting as there are guides which help with that. If you are struggling with a particular fight please post details about the fight and other players can see if they can help you solve the puzzle. The more information you can provide the better the help will be.

Useful information:
  • Your available troops (include promotion are they sorceress I or sorceress III
  • Squad size
  • Enemy units and their order
  • Enemy squad size
  • Screenshot of map so obstacles can be seen
Links to guides:
Face Book Platinum Leaf group - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1652184008370314&type=3
Mykans Guide (go to fight section) - http://tinyurl.com/MykanGuide
Varrons Fight guide - Need link
Beta Fight Guide - https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/

Last edited:

DeletedUser3297

Here is what I have learned fighting in both human and elven worlds.
I am a fairly new player too and in most worlds am only out to the 6th or 7th ring.

Your sworddancers and axe barbarians are more likely to be targeted and killed off first. This may be discouraging but they cost less and are faster to train. With that said, you can always sacrifice one by moving it out to the middle of the battlefeild and let the enemy move in for the kill. They will all strike at that one while your others are waiting further back. When it's your second turn, move in for the kill on them.

The cannoneers can hit you from anywhere, so bring a cerebrus with you to take them out right away. To bad for no elf equivalent, so take sworddancer (unless you have sorceress unlocked, then use that).

Do not take ranged units such as archers or crossbomen to fight the necromancers, they have a spell that makes them immune to ranged attacks. Best to take them out with light melee (sworddancer or axe barbarian) heavy melee will also move too slow to get one. So make the necromancer your first target to get rid of.

Swampmonsters can be taken out by archers or crossbomen without getting hit.

Use a paladin or archer when fighting treant II's.

Stienlings can be taken out with a cerebrus or a combination of treants and sworddancers.

The golem II can be defeated using a paladin or a couple of sworddancers.

I have not unlocked the priest or sorceress, so this should be useful for newer players.

I have learned that it is easier to fight with my human army and I feel more confident in battles, plus they are a lot more fun to watch. I guess the trade off is you get an ugly but strong city. Not saying that you can't fight with elves, but it does cost you more troops everytime. I am hoping with the final soldier unlocked, that will change.

DeletedUser594

Here's a quick abridged reference chart:
r9j2f8.jpg

DeletedUser2444

This is good advice. I have found that hanging back from the first move and covering my Priest is a tactical move. Cannoneers are a pain in the ass. They retreat to some far corner and fire away. I usually sic my dogs on them.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Just a reminder this is not a generic how to fight thread as several of those exist and links will be added to the original post for good resources. The thread is specifically for people who would like advice on a specific fight scenario. That they are struggling to get past and would like ideas on what to try.

DeletedUser3312

Okay, I had a red and black stone looking guy the other day. He is not depicted in the picture.

DeletedUser594

2cxjlnc.jpg
Thanks for the input- I will add images of later versions of the same units