• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Floating notifications be gone!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
When collecting anything, anywhere, what you collect floats up to the top of the screen and forms a nice vertical line. The problem is, in many places, that vertical line of "floaters" while "cute" is neither informative or needed. It's not informative exactly because they just float and fade faster than anybody wants to read them (because they are fortunately not done "one at a time" so that you read, wait for it to go away, and then collect the next item) and they are ignored by most players exactly because they aren't needed. But, more importantly, that list of floaters gets in the way of buttons you wish to click thus slowing the whole process down needlessly as you wait for them go stop blocking what you wish to do. This a particular problem when the vertical line becomes long because you are collecting a lot at once.

Solution: Get rid of the floaters or at least have an option for "floating notifications" to be turned off or on. Alternatively, but not preferred because it's just another thing a player should not have to do and the coding is probably way too much to accomplish it, -- allow the player to move the window in which the "floaters" are running over. At least that way they could reach the needed buttons.

AJ

DeletedUser3220

I think they are only useful for us to know we are receiving what we're collecting. I can't speak for others but I know if and when I'm receiving something without the broadcasting in my way. Another note; What good is it when it obviously doesn't help Support to know if we've been shorted an item. They all but called me a liar over reporting not receiving items that I've worked for. In fact they said, "in reviewing your account, we're unable to confirm that an error occurred or that the requirements for the quest had been satisfied. We are not seeing that the required production is what was actually collected during the time the quest was active". It's not like it was a lot of items but it was a reoccurring problem. So, I agree...what good are the floating goods? Maybe they could us the extra process coding for something more worth wild.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I can certainly concur with the idea that there is some kind of visual cue that the collection has occurred. However, perhaps that is where a choice can be made in the settings. "Report collections on screen as they are made" or something like that. If you say, "yes," then you get the floaters, if not, you don't.

AJ