• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Floral Awakening

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just did the math and unless I really screwed up you’d need a minimum of 6.5k of event currency to insure you get 9 artifacts. And according to iDavis without an Ashen Phoenix you could only get 3556 from the quests then another 700 from the daily gift bring the total to 4256 which means you’d have to have picked up 2244 from city drops. The way I see it that means spending diamonds/money and IMHO to get one fully leveled building or one complete set you shouldn’t have to spend either. Spending diamonds/money should only be required to get multiples of the grand prize.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I even finished at 280 in my Beta city and we don't get a newsletter with free 100 event currency there. And I never spend money on Beta because I feel that ruins the whole testing aspect of that server.

But let's say you open all 16 boxes. That is 16 flower buds, plus however many extra from the flower bud prizes of 2, 3, or 4. That could be as little as a single 2-bud prize or as much as a 2 and a 4 in the same set of 16 boxes. If you get the most common set of 16 prizes, you will have two 2-bud prizes, so you can get 18 buds by clearing the board, or almost enough for a grand prize. 14 full clears at 18 per is 252, but then you have the 2x every other board for at least one extra bud, for an extra 7 minimum. That is 259. And one board where you get a 2 and a 3, or a 2 and a 4, as the bud prizes, and you are over 260. And then if you are lucky and hit the bud prize with the 2X, you are even further past 260. I don't care what the daily prize is, if there is only a single 2-bud or 3-bud prize on the board, I wait until the next day top spend currency.

As for currency costs, that is 400 per cleared board times 14 cleared boards, or 5600 total currency. So I am not sure where you are getting 6500 from.

Silver Lady

(260 to get last artifact / 16 guaranteed flowers per board) * 400 per board = 6500
I will concede that there is a good chance of the 18 flowers per board but that still means
(260 / 18) * 400 = 5778 minimum for a guaranteed 9 artifacts
5778 - 4256 = 1522 spawn required. That’s still a lot of RNG left to bite you

Just happy I figured out a long time ago you don’t actually need any of the evolving or sets to get through the chapters they just make some things a little easier.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
(260 to get last artifact / 16 guaranteed flowers per board) * 400 per board = 6500
I will concede that there is a good chance of the 18 flowers per board but that still means
(260 / 18) * 400 = 5778 minimum for a guaranteed 9 artifacts
5778 - 4256 = 1522 spawn required. That’s still a lot of RNG left to bite you

Something is off somewhere in the math or there is no way I would be about to hit 280 tonight, with zero dollars or diamonds spent on the event. Yes, I got lucky a few times with the 2X happening on the flower bud prizes, but I also spent the 45 currency on a few shuffles on the first day.

I also estimate 25 ground spawns per day, so that is 500 over a 20-day event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion Didn’t you say you had an Ashen Phoenix? That would put your quests+daily 35 over the 4256 which is what you get with no Ashen.

Yes, but a max level Ashen, for this event, only gives 106 total extra currency for completing all the quests. I happen to have two Ashen, but because of the way rounding works, that is only another 70 currency, or 176 total for two birds.

I never buy the Stash House, so I never get the bonus currency for each ground spawn collected.

hoopity

Without optimal play, if you were to just spend all of your currency at the very end of the event and use the 2x bonus every time it was available, you would earn about 19 GP currency on every 400 shovel board: each board has a base of 16 flowers. Each board only has a guaranteed single double flower reward, but on average two double flowers or a single triple flower, which is good for +2 flowers. Finally, if you always use your 2x bonus on time (and somehow never hit bonus flowers) you get an extra 0.94 flowers per board. 16+2+.94 = 19 per board. 400 shovels per board divided by 19 GP currency per board is just over 21 shovels per GP currency. To hit 9 artifacts, you need 260 * 21 = 5,460 shovels on average, assuming you don't optimize opening boxes at all.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I still have currency left to spend, waiting for the free board reset this evening, so I’m not sure of my final numbers, but it looks like I might juuuust scrape the portrait in my bigger city, and be about 10-15 short of that in my second city. Fed Ashen Phoenix in both (neither fully evolved), email currency in the bigger city, and the Royal Prize Pass which had 250 shovels also in the big city.

I think one difference in the results people are getting may be how one spends currency in this event; unless there’s a daily I want really badly (which is usually only once or twice in each of these style events, I think), I always stop doing a board as soon as I’ve uncovered the extra currency boxes. That means I get extra currency more often relative to how many boxes I open. It’s probably not a ton but I do think it adds up, to be getting extra currency twice every 9-10 boxes, instead of every 16.

There is still the RNG element though, with how much extra currency shows on the boards, as well as plain old luck, with how often you get a chance at using the x2 on an extra currency box. *shrug*

I’m mainly annoyed that I only got one board with the Red Begonia Fields (10% addition to the wholesaler). I was looking forward to placing several of those with my lvl 30 Bee, haha. Couldn’t stop tripping over unwanted Garden Stones, though. Oh, well! XD

Sorry you didn’t get the last artifact, @Silver Lady ! :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Without optimal play, if you were to just spend all of your currency at the very end of the event and use the 2x bonus every time it was available, you would earn about 19 GP currency on every 400 shovel board: each board has a base of 16 flowers. Each board only has a guaranteed single double flower reward, but on average two double flowers or a single triple flower, which is good for +2 flowers. Finally, if you always use your 2x bonus on time (and somehow never hit bonus flowers) you get an extra 0.94 flowers per board. 16+2+.94 = 19 per board. 400 shovels per board divided by 19 GP currency per board is just over 21 shovels per GP currency. To hit 9 artifacts, you need 260 * 21 = 5,460 shovels on average, assuming you don't optimize opening boxes at all.

The 2X can only be used every other board, not every board, so if you have the bad luck to never hit a flower prize with it, you are only getting .5 flower per board from the 2X.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
The 2X can only be used every other board, not every board, so if you have the bad luck to never hit a flower prize with it, you are only getting .5 flower per board from the 2X.
Not by my math? You can’t use it at all on the first board but you can use it on the second square of the second board, then the third square of the third board, and so on, assuming each board is fully finished. So if you are opening each board fully and using the 2x immediately it becomes available, you would skip the first board but can then use it somewhere on each of the next 15 boards before you have to skip one again.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I managed to get 9 artifacts, no Ashen Phoenix, bonus e-mail shovels, playing 4x a day. Once I uncovered bonus flowers I stopped and waited for a new board. On average I stopped half way through the board and once I got 4 flowers on the first click. So RNG definitely plays a role. It's still guaranteed to get 8 artifacts from event and 1 from FA.

hoopity

With infinite currency, you would receive a 2x every 17 boxes, so the math is 18 flowers per 17 boxes, or 1.06 flowers per box. There are 16 boxes on a board, so (18/17)*16 = 16.94 flowers per board, or in other words, 0.94 bonus flowers per board.

But of course you're right, with limited currency it's a little different. With 5,475 currency, we can complete 13 boards plus 11 of 16 boxes on the 14th board. We can't use the 2x bonus on the first board, but we get it on every board following that. We just miss getting another one of the final, incomplete 14th board. So that's 12 bonus flowers per the 13 & 11/16 boards. 13 * 16 + 11 = 219 base flowers. 219 base flowers + 12 bonus flowers = 231 flowers before considering the multiple flower prizes.

260 - 231 = 29 multiple prize flowers needed for 9 artifacts. 29 multiple prize flowers on 14 boards is just about 2 per board, or in other words you need to average about two double-flowers or a single triple-flower per board.

Silver Lady

or in other words you need to average about two double-flowers or a single triple-flower per board.
Which is not guaranteed and sure didn’t happen for me that’s why my math is based on what it would take when the RNG gods don’t like you. :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I do have to say that, despite how well I was able to do, looking at the Silver cutoff on Arendyll of 257, with only a few hours to go, there do seem to be a lot less people getting to 260 this time than in all previous 16-box events. Less than 5% of active players getting all 9 artifacts is definitely not good.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I do have to say that, despite how well I was able to do, looking at the Silver cutoff on Arendyll of 257, with only a few hours to go, there do seem to be a lot less people getting to 260 this time than in all previous 16-box events. Less than 5% of active players getting all 9 artifacts is definitely not good.
It means that the artifact offered for silver is probably not going to be used by those who received it when the top 5% is above the 260 mark. Having the 5% reach below the mark, actually gives the free artifact some use.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
completed all quests, 100 email, 2 ashen phoenixes, all bonuses, collected around city at same time multiple times a day...

Dom
262 flowers
silver league (261+)
9 artifacts

Neco
256 flowers (need 260 for 9th artifact)
bronze league (5-6 points short of silver)
8 artifacts

Truly annoying to be that close to the 9th artifact and not get it. Even more annoying that they design these events to where ppl can complete everything possible and not get the full reward (9th artifact in this case).

Also worth noting: To get all 9 artifacts, you need 260 flowers. - To get silver league (which is the lowest league to give an artifact reward) you need 261+ flowers. .... .... .... So the only way to get the league artifact reward is to already have enough to finish you're main building... Those that come up a hair short... they just get screwed. Nothing for you.
So its basically useless unless you're going for a second building.
Bronze league should be where they artifact reward starts (if this is how they insist on designing events...). Silver+ (at 261+) means they all got enougha rtifacts to finish evolving the main building. Iron and below are ppl that did not finish the event. In the middle, is Bronze. Where ppl that can complete everything and still come up short, due to system design, can land. Bronze league ppl are the group that could use that bonus artifact more then anyone.

Fayeanne

In the last four or five events, Silver league didn't even hit 260 or if it did, only just barely. It appears that the intention is that only 5% of the players complete the set/building. The others who finish all of the event quests receive 8 artifacts (or are missing 1 building in the set) which probably is seen as still being a pretty decent reward (you're still getting most of the benefits of the set/building).

Since this has been so consistent for a while I can only assume this is intentional. It would appear the intention is that earning the entire grand prize is seen as a crowning achievement that only the top scorers (and/or people willing to put down Diamonds/money) will accomplish.

Count Rupert

These events are firmly inter-related with the Fellowship Adventures now. They adjusted prize payouts so that's it's now mostly the want it now crowd (those willing to spend diamonds/money) that will get to the 260+ area. The rest of us get as close as possible so the artifacts available in the next FA will get them the remaining artifact they need to complete the evolving building. You can still get it, just takes a little longer than it used to.

Count Rupert

It's like anything else; there are trade-offs and we have to ultimately decide what is the most important to us. We may question their methods but it's paying the bills.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I don't think that events are designed to get all artifacts just out of completing all quests and using any strategy that we like. I've always had to make a decision before every event what is more important to me - daily prizes or main prize and then adjust my strategy that is usually different based on what I want. With right strategy and average luck, it's possible to get 9 artifacts and if we have bad luck that we can get one from FA or use free or paid diamonds.