• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

Legilost

Fun event to me but I like all of them so not gonna complain. Spending a few diamonds doesn't bother me. I've spent money in olden times lol on console games that ended up sucking and no chance of getting that money back. At least here I know what I'm buying ahead of time :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree. Ever since this league business started I have not been able to complete a building either to collect all pieces of a set or get enough artefacts to reach level 10. I have just calculated my remaining scrolls and will also not be able to have enough without purchasing. I probably won't bother with the next event

The problem is that it comes down to luck, like almost all of the events do. As unlucky as you and others are, there are players who win enough currency back to go a grand prize or two further than the one that completes the building/set. My one complaint is that Inno does not adjust for this when they give us a set, instead of an evolving building. Bad luck winning artifacts just means needing one or two from the FA that normally follows. But when coming up short a building in a set, we do not have that option, or any other way to gain the final piece.

My luck in this event, both in my Live city and my Beta one, has been worse than normal. I did not win enough currency to get the final building in my Beta city, so I burned some of the 1000s of free diamonds that can be won in the game to buy just enough SK to finish the final grand prize and complete the set. And unless I have some sudden good luck on Arendyll, I will be doing the same thing there, as there is no way I am going to let not spending free diamonds get in my way of the set.

Tehya1

Yeah, right.

1643602777409.png

Roland D

The problem is that it comes down to luck, like almost all of the events do. As unlucky as you and others are, there are players who win enough currency back to go a grand prize or two further than the one that completes the building/set. My one complaint is that Inno does not adjust for this when they give us a set, instead of an evolving building. Bad luck winning artifacts just means needing one or two from the FA that normally follows. But when coming up short a building in a set, we do not have that option, or any other way to gain the final piece.

My luck in this event, both in my Live city and my Beta one, has been worse than normal. I did not win enough currency to get the final building in my Beta city, so I burned some of the 1000s of free diamonds that can be won in the game to buy just enough SK to finish the final grand prize and complete the set. And unless I have some sudden good luck on Arendyll, I will be doing the same thing there, as there is no way I am going to let not spending free diamonds get in my way of the set.
"Thousands of free diamonds"

Maybe for someone who has 2 cities and is very far progressed. Starting chapter 4, and I've earned a whole 100 diamonds. Ever

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan

Maybe for someone who has 2 cities and is very far progressed. Starting chapter 4, and I've earned a whole 100 diamonds. Ever
Well, it won't help you for this event, but it will for future. If you want free diamonds, the best strategy is learn to master the Spire. Joining a Silver Spire FS nets you 125 :diamond: a week and a Gold Spire FS will net you 275 :diamond: a week. You may also win Genies from Spire that also sometimes spits out :diamond:. If you've mastered the Spire, you can apply for Gold FS. There are only a handful on each server, but they recruit a lot bc real life happens. Silver is pretty easy IMO and is not that costly at all to handle. If you pad your resume with Tourney and Spire, you pretty much have a free passport to join any FS. Second thing to do is to craft a lot and cycle through as many mystery object chests. Lastly, the forum has monthly contests sometimes. The odds of winning are decent because there are usually a bunch of winners per contest and not just one.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Are you sure you did not accidentally spend them on anything? The last time I started a new city, I had 250 diamonds by the time I got to chapter 3 and was able to level up the Magic Academy to level 3 with them.

And I also have only one active city on the US servers, while other people play a city on all 8 and pool all their diamonds together from all 8 to use just in one primary city. Yes, that feels shady, but it is allowed by Inno's rules, and if they have the kind of spare time needed to do that, it is their life.

Moho

Chef
I think, that something will happen.
Therefore, I am, something will happen.
"Your hopes, dreams and aspirations are legitimate. They are trying to take you airborne, above the clouds, above the storms, if you only let them."
William James, American philosopher, historian, and psychologist

Huor

Or try and finish the quest line and get the goddess. If it's anything like the one I have out, you'll have a nice pile of diamonds in no time. Now if I could just get the same RNG luck in the event....

Tehya1

If it's anything like the one I have out, you'll have a nice pile of diamonds in no time. Now if I could just get the same RNG luck in the event....
I got the goddess of disappointment again. She is hardly worth the space.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I got the goddess of disappointment again. She is hardly worth the space.

I put them out in batches and they seem to give diamonds more often when you collect more than one in a single swipe. The two I had in Beta gave me the 35 diamonds probably 4 or 5 times each, or more, out of about 65 collections each. So that was 280+ diamonds in a little over a month from 8 total squares of space.

Huor

I've got a hot one. I've gotten over 200 out of this gal and she's got some rolls left in her.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Back to the event now. I see that no one has pointed out that the daily prize for the next to last day is a Frogs troop instant, in case anyone wants to save up for that.

Huor

That's probably the day I will unload everything I have saved up hoping to ring the currency RNG a time or two. I expect to miss the last set piece by a country mile so it would be nice to have something cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stardew

@Enevhar Aldarion That's terrible news. You're a really good, experienced, serious player. If you're struggling to complete your set then probably every other good, serious player will as well. And it will be worse for more casual players.
'
This has nothing to do with how good a player you are. It’s all based on statistics as long as you collect all of the sorcerer’s knowledge (SK) from the quests. I’m in the same boat as Enevhar right now (almost exactly statistically). There’s no way to complete the set unless you’re winning SK every round, or spending diamonds.

Having said that, events should not be forcibly pay to play to complete. There are already incentives to spend diamonds to get extra pilgrims manor buildings, why force every single player (aside from a very statistically small percentage of players winning SK every round from beacons) to have to spend diamonds to complete the set?

Moho

Chef
Having said that, events should not be forcibly pay to play to complete. There are already incentives to spend diamonds to get extra pilgrims manor buildings, why force every single player (aside from a very statistically small percentage of players winning SK every round from beacons) to have to spend diamonds to complete the set?
I would like to have the full set too. Events and event buildings is one of the reasons why I enjoy playing this game. However, I admit that Elvenar devs and owners can encourage a player to spend diamonds because they can and it is their game. They are entitled to choose any business model they like for Elvenar, and to change it as they see it fit whenever they want. Correspondingly, we are allowed to refuse to participate in these events if we find them abusive, or we can leave the game altogether.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. With these events and event buildings, players are being lured to spend their money. Just as we are lured to spend our money on every offer we see on billboards or in commercials. The question whether capitalism is moral seems to be an ongoing debate and it's hard to find a definitive answer.

Huor

If I read TomatoeHu's spread sheet correctly, as a human player entering chapter 9 that's not concerned with the blossom mages, it looks like the set is a good mana producer with only the first three pieces. It looks like though a festival merchant is just as good in a lot less space. I'm I missing something? I know there is a cc at the 6th link, but that may be an expensive cc.