• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Rules Clarification

Risen Malchiah

I would like some clarification regarding Forum Rule #13:
It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum. Such topics will be deleted, punishment may follow.

It seems simple enough. But occasionally I've seen enforcement of this rule even when a support ticket isn't directly quoted, but merely discussed. It would be helpful if the rule could be clarified in the official forum guidelines.

Obviously, quoting a support ticket (especially when names are included) is against the rules. That makes perfect sense.

The question is, what about a summary? If someone says something like "Support says so-and-so building is working as intended" or "Support says they know about it and are working on it," is this ok or does this also fall under this rule?

I would hate for good threads to be deleted in their entirety because some (including myself) discussed the rule itself, without actually posting support ticket info.

Clarification would help us and help the forum moderators, most of whom are volunteers and work tirelessly in keeping things from getting out of hand. In no way is this intended to challenge the rule, but is simply a question on how we should properly follow the rule while also giving in to our nature to share info we think might be helpful to others.

DeletedUser20396

I was told by support, that you could paraphrase if it was meant to help others.