• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Trolls = every forum has em, help us ignore them

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser19210

It is good that Elvenar has an ignore feature so that contributors can designate trolls that pop-up be ignored.

Unfortunately - often times before a contributor realizes that they are trying to have a sane discussion with an individual (troll) who has no intention of sane discourse.....well by the time you hit the ignore button, you may very well have muddied up your thread/post (especially when the comments of the ignored troll are removed, but not the comments/replies you made to them before you hit the ignore button).

Could the game/forum developers tweak the ignore feature so that an individual can hide the comments that they made to the troll prior to realizing that they were being trolled?

Much Thanks,
New to forums (game or otherwise)

Gath Of Baal

No one trolled you.. If you are talking about @SoggyShorts on your last idea thread then you overreacted when he asked you for simple proof about Monopoly and suicide rates, which you could not give.. If you are going to make ridiculous claims that Monopoly and Grand Theft Auto are part of the reason for our society's downfall, then you should have some kind of evidence to back your claim.. When asked for evidence you got upset that someone would doubt your claim and proceeded to change subject several times to try and avoid answering.

Your Idea in that last post wasn't even an idea that had anything to do with Elvenar. You wanted Inno to make more games like Elvenar because of the teamwork and fellowship concept and the good that you think it is doing to solve our world problems..

And FYI hiding the posts you don't want to see in your threads only hides it from your view.. Everyone else can still see it in its entirety

Edit: another FYI even if you ignored @SoggyShorts he can see and respond to your threads as he just did.. But now he can make a fool out of you to everyone else and then you have to wonder why everyone is laughing at you

Last edited:

DeletedUser19210

See - one would think that a request to help better ignore trolls would be welcome.
I see I have gotten 1 reply - I don't know who sent it or what it says - because apparently I have hit the ignore button on them.
Now I didn't mention any names in my request to the forum/game developers - so what could an unknown someone be upset about? As I don't think that they made a positive comment of support (I could be wrong as I didn't look at it - sender was/is ignored after-all).

Gath Of Baal

See - one would think that a request to help better ignore trolls would be welcome.
I see I have gotten 1 reply - I don't know who sent it or what it says - because apparently I have hit the ignore button on them.
Now I didn't mention any names in my request to the forum/game developers - so what could an unknown someone be upset about? As I don't think that they made a positive comment of support (I could be wrong as I didn't look at it - sender was/is ignored after-all).

@SoggyShorts was letting you know that you can edit or delete any of your previous posts.. And you did not have to mention any names of who you were referring to, all I had to do was look at all your previous posts to see who it could have been that you might have thought was trolling you

DeletedUser2768

Trolling is very much a perception. I found your post about Monopoly causing suicide to be trollish.

I have been suicidally depressed. Board games, or video games, had nothing to do with it. The situation I was in, and how I reacted to it, had everything to do with my depression.

@SoggyShorts, @Gath Of Baal, and many others have contributed some wonderful insights into this game, as well as guides and how-to's to survive all the chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.