• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

From Elvenar on Facebook April Fools?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1036
  • Start date

DeletedUser3507

That's fine for non war scenarios but be in a war battle taking live fire, you will see how quickly you have your finger on that trigger. Battle can be very hairy, and alot of people even with years of experience crack.

But thats war and stuff happen weirdly. (polite version)
Unfortunately I speak from my own experiences war is insane.:rolleyes:o_O
And the more of it you see, the more wacked you come out...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

That's fine for non war scenarios but be in a war battle taking live fire, you will see how quickly you have your finger on that trigger. Battle can be very hairy, and alot of people even with years of experience crack.

But thats war and stuff happen weirdly. (polite version)
Unfortunately I speak from my own experiences war is insane.:rolleyes:o_O
And the more of it you see, the more wacked you come out...
That's also in part because we hold ourselves to very tight & controlled ROE's in order to limit collateral damage. (both human & infrastructure)
I've had friends mention to me how the bullets were literally flying all about them, but because they had no visible target & that there *might* have been civvies in the buildings where the enemy fire was likely coming from, all they could do was 'duck and cover' & wait it out.

Apologies for the off topic! ;)

DeletedUser1036

All this time I was thinking of the novel Even Cowgirl's get the Blues

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
To be fair, in order to measure "quite a few of us" we would need to know the size of "us" (is it just those who entered elementals at the time it was released).
We now have some info on this thanks to @elvenstats . Just under 50 out of 1150 players across all US servers have finished the chapter. (assuming that everyone with an eternal street is done, which is probably not the case)

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/new-website-elvenstats.15593/page-5#post-99298

@jps54 Looks like you, me and maybe 10 more on Winy.

DeletedUser3507

Jesh slow people...
I would have been done sooner but I had to have hip surgery and he S.F VA has no wifi
that added 5 additional days while I suffered. WiFi ites..
I still have a few of those mandatory type quest to complete, but research and chapter are really done with. And the bad is from Elvenar Stat export to Elvenar Architect gave me a count of my streets tiles and it just over 4m Mana necessary to do them all
Screenshot_4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We now have some info on this thanks to @elvenstats . Just under 50 out of 1150 players across all US servers have finished the chapter. (assuming that everyone with an eternal street is done, which is probably not the case)

Good to know. I'm done with elementals, and it's the first time I've been without a guest race since dwarves. I'm glad to have a breather to upgrade my streets and my AWs. :) I've been placing the new streets, and while they require a lot of mana, they also add a great deal of culture.

@jps, hope you are healing well.

SoggyShorts

I still have a few of those mandatory type quest to complete
Are you making an extra 1100 Ess just in case there comes some reason to get that optional SS tech?
I've done that and all of the quests except streets (21 to go and I'm too cheap to use spells to do them)

DeletedUser3507

I have 2100 extra but no way am I doing it. Suicide come to mind when you mention doing that.. Or Harry Caray.. :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

I have 2100 extra but no way am I doing it. Suicide come to mind when you mention doing that.. Or Harry Caray.. :rolleyes:
Like I said, it's only in case some mechanic changes and getting SS techs no longer screws you in tournaments.

DeletedUser3507

Do you see that happening in the near future or even in 6 months?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It doesn't have to happen soon. Stockpiling enough resources to finish the techs before you tear stuff down is almost invariably cheaper than rebuilding the portal and specialty buildings two years from now if you do need them.

I suspect Soggy shares my philosophy: The only thing that is limited is space. If he's going to be stopped-up waiting for the next race in a week or ten anyway, throwing some coin and supplies away today on guest resources he never needs is almost infinitely preferable to possibly having to waste space later for a week or two.

kctanzen

If only there was a way (besides my own files / screen shots) to see the older inventory on hand, like maybe a pop up window similar to the tourney screens showing required for catering and then hovering on it, shows your total available.

SoggyShorts

Possibly, who knows?
I'm just more comfortable having enough ambrosia, shrooms of wisdom, loot, necroflasks, soup, and essence so that I can grab every SS tech I skipped if something does change. Can you imagine having to build the portal for every single guest race all over again? No thanks.
Getting that extra stuff cost me a day or less in each chapter, which is nothing compared to trying to get it all later.

WolfSinger

When I get completely finished and stockpiled - I may go back and build the various guest portals - just to check extraneous inventory. I don't think I have enough guest goods to catch the couple of optional SS techs I skipped.

Just checked the two I skipped S&D and Halflings- yep short for both. Guess I'm going to have a little fun getting those items.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

The only one I have skipped is chapter 12's optional and I have enough essence to easily do it.:D

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Not only do I distrust anything said on facebook, but the information here isn't exactly reliable either. I'm still waiting to have the ability to store more than ten of the 'rune shard pieces' even though that is a redundant description. So, if I were a state, it would be the 'show me' state..... isn't that mizzery?

SoggyShorts

e 'rune shard pieces' even though that is a redundant description
I'm pretty sure the correct term is "Ruptured broken rune shard fragment piece segment"
When I get completely finished and stockpiled - I may go back and build the various guest portals
I always thought it would be a cool idea to have achievements in Elvenar. Something like "Gain 100 Loot, 200 copper, and 100 ambrosia in 5 days."
Really give players between chapters something to do.:)

Last edited: