• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Frozen Keys Hard to See?

• Thread starter DeletedUser9601
  • Start date

DeletedUser9601

Not sure if its my terrible vision, my laptop's poor resolution, or the Keys are just tough to see. Anyone else run into this?

DeletedUser5800

I have excellent resolution and decent eyesight and I agree they are an annoying color to look for contrasted with the snow (keys should be gold or something). Also the one that happens up top at approx. center is half out of the screen all the way up and the one that happens left center is partially under the quest... even more annoying.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You should have seen them the first couple days on beta, before the snow. Soooooo easy to see.

vermp

Not sure if its my terrible vision, my laptop's poor resolution, or the Keys are just tough to see. Anyone else run into this?

I haven't found one yet, after 1/2 hour.
Update: finally found one by using the zoom-up feature.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

On Chrome just now I went to collect what should have been several but after circling the entire perimeter found only the half of one at the very top, collected it and immediately got a stream error reload and then they were all over the place. So apparently they are not loading correctly in at least some instances and require a reload. :eek:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
On Chrome just now I went to collect what should have been several but after circling the entire perimeter found only the half of one at the very top, collected it and immediately got a stream error reload and then they were all over the place. So apparently they are not loading correctly in at least some instances and require a reload. :eek:
I always try to remember to switch to research and back before collecting.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

They are a little camouflaged.

Do you know the locations to look for them?
Chest_Locations.jpg

DeletedUser9601

I did, and thank you for reposting the map. I think thats such a great resource for new folks for every event.

DeletedUser51

collected it and immediately got a stream error reload and then they were all over the place

Would you mind posting a bug report with full browser info for that so we can see if others are experiencing the same issue?

Sacred Mom

I have an excellent moniter and the keys are down right invisible. I hear the tone go off for me to search so I do, but to no avail. Which is unfortunate because it always happens when I am at "8", like 48 or 28 or such. ...not 49 but 8. So I believe that its programmed to become invisible. Or to have a tone with no key. I am firm in this belief. There are things I can compare it to like the arcade claw machine that holds stuffed animals, it only tightens its claw, so you can grab, every 7th quarter you insert. This is programmed so you are paying enough for the toy that you are trying to grab. My little brother worked for the arcade and taught me about this. My son taught me about computer programs that do things like our disappearing key act. I asked him last night to look at what I was experiencing and he was the one who said it was probably a small program to keep us from buying out the store, and to make us work harder for the toys we were getting. If it was to easy we wouldn't be coming back for more. Its embarrasing that I have spent $40.00. lol...

Desurfur

I have an excellent moniter and the keys are down right invisible. I hear the tone go off for me to search so I do, but to no avail. Which is unfortunate because it always happens when I am at "8", like 48 or 28 or such. ...not 49 but 8. So I believe that its programmed to become invisible. Or to have a tone with no key. I am firm in this belief. There are things I can compare it to like the arcade claw machine that holds stuffed animals, it only tightens its claw, so you can grab, every 7th quarter you insert. This is programmed so you are paying enough for the toy that you are trying to grab. My little brother worked for the arcade and taught me about this. My son taught me about computer programs that do things like our disappearing key act. I asked him last night to look at what I was experiencing and he was the one who said it was probably a small program to keep us from buying out the store, and to make us work harder for the toys we were getting. If it was to easy we wouldn't be coming back for more. Its embarrasing that I have spent $40.00. lol...
So far Sacred Mom, I believe I have found most/all the keys, they do almost blend in with the background though, I have had to go around the map a couple of times to get 2 or 3 of them that have almost totally blended into the background, it seems as it depends on where they are at as to how visible they are.
They are White/Silver and they seem to pop up only in the snow and ice, so the colors blend together

Last edited:

Sacred Mom

So far Sacred Mom, I believe I have found most/all the keys, they do almost blend in with the background though, I have had to go around the map a couple of times to get 2 or 3 of them that have almost totally blended into the background, it seems as it depends on where they are at as to how visible they are.
They are White/Silver and they seem to pop up only in the snow and ice, so the colors blend together
Thank you, I will check for white silver instead of the blue ice that has been showing up...

DeletedUser1996

Very hard to see and I have good vision and computer - lucky for me I know where to look! But can only guess how hard it might be for someone with bad eye sight and or computer.