• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Frustrated

DeletedUser174

It really bothers me regarding how much it cost to complete the knowledge tree now. it was high before but now it is almost impossible unless you use diamonds - which i can not. i have about 15k in granite and i need 75k to complete that section. i am slipping farther and farther behind because of this. I am trying to level up the granite buildings but that also uses my limited supplies. seems a bit unfair to set the fees so high

DeletedUser61

It gets MUCH worse.

MilestonesKPs
Elves
Chapter I226
Chapter II678
Chapter III1012
Chapter IV1114
Chapter V1425
Chapter VI1838
Humans
Chapter I226
Chapter II681
Chapter III972
Chapter IV1151
Chapter V1425
Chapter VI1838
Ancient W
MM&S3429
CL&GBS3365
DB3703
MH3365
TOTAL 20155
[td]6293[/td] [td]6293[/td] [td]13862[/td]
  • The total number of Knowledge Points, in the Tech Tree, is identical for Elves and Humans.
  • We can expect future chapters to require even more KPs, although the hit will be softened a bit by KPs that are awarded by the Ancient Wonders, and probably some seasonal event buildings.
  • Your own Ancient Wonders can absorb twice as many KPs as your Tech Tree
  • You can swap points with other players for the first 40 levels. So that takes care of the first two years.
  • After that you can continue to help other folks level their AWs, but they will be unable to respond in kind because you're already maxed out
There's no limit on how many Knowledge Points you can usefully contribute.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Penn, I am going through the same thing. I have always been a non diamond player and as long as I worked my tail off and never missed a second on this game at least I could keep up. I was number 3 on Arendyll for a long time in the beginning and then I had to take a week off and dropped to 13. Ok....my fault. I tried so hard to make it back up and I could go from 13 to 8 or so and back to 13. Then things changed. Since this new granite and copper thing I am now 29 and still falling. I figured out the math and it will take me more than a year before I get all the expansions that everyone else has just bought. That means that all I will ever do from here on out is drop in the rankings to the folks that have money to buy all those expansions.

The times in the tech tree have just gotten too long and the times of the scouts are the worst part. They are just making it impossible for me to do anything. 2 day scouting times...and more. I am not going to set an alarm to get up in the middle of the night just to set a scout. 9 provinces or 10 just to get a new expansion. And I need 17 more expansions now. I will only keep going lower and lower in the standings. This game has truly become pay to win.

All the things I loved about this game are changing. It is moving away from a cooperative model to a competitive player vs player model and now it is pay to win. I would have played FoE if I wanted that. What the heck, this game is too much of a time suck anyway. Maybe it is a good thing that we can't do anything.

DeletedUser627

If the developers would give players tasks to accomplish, then the long KP trail wouldn't be so bothersome.

It's one thing - a rather adult thing, really - to work towards a goal over time. It's another thing to pay or invest one's time into a game where there's nothing to do...and then simultaneously the game is slower and slower.

We end up complaining that the game is so slow - simply because there's only one thing to do in Elvenar: make forward progress.

They could invent meaningless tasks to occupy our time. (duh, like flipping quests, which never harmed anyone). They could give us a practice arena to learn fighting skills (I'm going to make a separate request on that one!).

Any way we slice it, it just seems like the ultimate goal is to keep us off the servers. Ominous.