• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Frustration with Orc requirement

DeletedUser3839

First off, Im in Dwarves. No where near Orcs. The developers decided to do away with all my neighboring cities, so I lost a ton of income with more chests than cities. I found a way to make that work with more donations to my MH and expanding as much as I could. I expanded towards other cities that still existed in order to get new neighbors. Let me say this, when you have almost 200 provinces scouted and less than 20 neighbors its not easy to gain the gold...lol.
Then I finally get to a neighbor, YEAH!! More gold right? But now Im stuck in dwarves with Orc requirements for most of my provinces and no way to produce Orcs. Yes, I fight 80-90% of my province, but I cannot beat them all, no matter how I configure it. I negotiate some. No option for that any longer unless I spend cold hard cash. No big deal, just push through right? Wrong...I cannot upgrade anything due to space, I cannot upgrade due to peep requirements, cannot upgrade housing due to space. I cannot do anything. I dont hit fairies for awhile and then I will have new space issues.
I sent a ticket in and get the same answer I always do....we will forward to the developers. Well hey! Developers, this stinks!!!
Has anyone found a work around this besides spending on diamonds every week?

DeletedUser3839

I have spent money. Sadly. But I have done it because I wanted to. Because it added to the game experience and it was my treat to myself for those moments I wanted to. I dont like it being a requirement and necessity in order to advance and continue playing. :(o_O

DeletedUser627

Mykan reported that he's working through it - perhaps you can find his cities? Personally, I dropped my Dwarven city.

If you want to play without purchasing the expansions (which kinda feels unpleasant now, since it's rather forced on us)...you'll have to adjust your game expectations. Everything will have to be smaller.

One idea I had, but didn't want to implement, was to forget about upgrading and just collect my KP and existing goods regularly while completing the Research. If you have some space, upgrade your residences and productions, but be laid back about it. Save up all your goods. Explore every available province. Make and store fighting units, but don't use them. Keep a Fairy portal just long enough to store the goods for Fairy Roads

You could either ignore the Storyline Quest, or just do the minimums required to complete them.

Then, once your Research is at the point where you can upgrade Armories to produce Orcs, do that first. Then you can rip into the game with a vengeance! Complete dozens of provinces for expansions, and upgrade straight from Dwarven into Orc. I think it would be boring for quite a while, but then pretty fun.

DeletedUser1349

i think inno purposely made orcs slow progress to slow down the game. i have L3 portal, 3xL2 rally, 3xL23 armories, 34xL2 shroom farms. no diamonds spent yet. my tech tree is a mess ~ 3, almost 4 tech tree points waiting for advanced products i do not have yet (only upgrading). my score is 97k.

we were running through advanced races faster than inno could design new ones. they had to slow down the game somehow.

however, i think this is why inno introduced so many wonders. to give us a place to put kp with tech tree blocked. also lower wonders help lower players with their tech tree blockage we all got along our travels. i am finally ready to start upgrading my 6 wonders ~ ch4, dwarves, fairies.

it's all good. the game has changed, we now have tournaments and events! be one with the game and have fun!

thank you inno. this game rocks! much improved. i am a very happy camper! keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3839

i think inno purposely made orcs slow progress to slow down the game. i have L3 portal, 3xL2 rally, 3xL23 armories, 34xL2 shroom farms. no diamonds spent yet. my tech tree is a mess ~ 3, almost 4 tech tree points waiting for advanced products i do not have yet (only upgrading). my score is 97k.

we were running through advanced races faster than inno could design new ones. they had to slow down the game somehow.

however, i think this is why inno introduced so many wonders. to give us a place to put kp with tech tree blocked. also lower wonders help lower players with their tech tree blockage we all got along our travels. i am finally ready to start upgrading my 6 wonders ~ ch4, dwarves, fairies.

it's all good. the game has changed, we now have tournamenys and events! be one with the game and have fun!

I am fine with slow progression in the higher tiers, the problem is that I require orcs for provinces and I am still in DWARVES! No way to produce or trade for orcs! Therefore there is no progression. The wonders are fun, tourneys are great, but no, the developers got this snag WRONG!

Its fine to change up the game, but its not fine to require things we have no access to or abilities for to progress.

Sorry INNO, this is a FAILURE on the developers. Glad there are happy campers out there that will never have to deal with this since they were further along in progression, but from my point of view there are a lot of very unhappy campers just trying to play the game.

DeletedUser1987

Why are tournaments and events supposed to be good?

I routinely have to face light melee, light range, heavy melee, and heavy range units in the same battle in tournaments. That is absolutely not fair. Regular steel provinces don't require you to fight that combination of troops, why do the tournaments force this?

Also, events are impossible to complete if you don't have a Magic Academy. However, Inno is being incredibly slow to carry out their promised fixing of the Magic Academy... so it's still too broken for me to waste the huge space on the map to build one. I am automatically cut out of events because Inno won't hurry up and fix the under powered building!

DeletedUser1349

i am already in the 5th orc column on my tech tree. i have 216 provinces completed. i have 27 open provinces on my world map, none of them need orcs.

EDIT: oooh i take that back. a couple of new provinces scouted recently finally need orcs. 10-42. yay! i currently have 15,000 orcs stockpiled.

REEDIT: wait, i don't need orcs if i fight? i only fight. lol inno!

dikke ikke

don't complain that you can not complete events because you need the MA, if you don't want to build it, that is the consequence you have to bare. If you are in the lower levels it is best to do catering in the tournaments and try to do 1 or 2 provinces complete. I am at dwarven level and I still do more catering as fighting. I have 149 provinces at the moment so it will still take some time before I will need orcs to conquer provinces, most likely when I am in orcs level. I agree that the game rocks :p

DeletedUser1987

Why should I be forced to build a building that Inno admitted was underpowered, when they have made no effort to make it stop being underpowered, just to participate in events? I feel that I have every right to complain. They said they were taking suggestions, and that they would be working to fix the Magic Academy. No one is forced to build the Mercenary Camp either, but that's just as unfinished as the Magic Academy.

DeletedUser627

Nevarth, I think you must be the kind of individual who likes to try to give the benefit of the doubt. I just can't see how Inno deserves your generosity, though.

If Inno were trying to slow the game down, why would they keep making so many $ options that result in speeding the game up? Orc restrictions only slow down the no/low payers. Anyone willing to buy expansions can actually go through the game faster than ever!!

New players have 33 paid expansions available from the start. They could plop down 20 extra grids, 5 builders and fly along at record pace. If I had the money, I'd open a new city and prove how much faster it really is now. Imagine - we could start Dwarven with 70 expansions or more. And we can fill them with Magic residences producing about double the population...thus producing enough goods to buy KP to easily upgrade multiple Wonders...

DeletedUser1349

bobbi, i have 11 diamond expansions left to buy in my home elf world which i began in dec 2015. i also have a 2nd human world that i started to better understand my human members. i run fellowships in both worlds. i only have 6 map spots left before my map is full. it took me about 15 minutes as a noob to realize i would have to buy diamonds. why? 1) builders mainly, then 2) main hall expansions, finally 3) culture. all online games are pay to play. i bought 5 builders on day 1. i then purchased every hall expansion asap.

i have purchased zero kp with diamonds and almost never have used diamonds to complete anything. i use diamonds for the three items above. at most i buy 1 max diamond pkg per month for both worlds combined. i consider myself a normal diamond player, in no way a diamond muncher. inno has now raised the diamond cost for players who diamond munch to race through advanced races.

your claim, bobbi, is non-sequitur. we both know how the very top fellowships "play" (ie they call it playing). i am talking about the normal diamond player.

yes i know that there is a diamond button for everything, there always was. i also do not approve of the unattaching expansions from the main hall. not that i don't want to give players additional diamond expansions earlier. rather that i worry they will fill the space with buildings they do not need (just to up their score). i do not care about my members score progress , i only care that they visit. i recommend to my members they go boost-only. 4 of each boost, no more no less. one workshop for each manufactory plus two more to feed their barracks. i do 5 and 4 armories. i can do extra cuz i have that luxory since i buy diamond expansions. i also am a mass producer as archmage, i consider it my job.

non-diamond players need to adjust. they need to collect their free kp every hour. they need to stress their tech tree and not waste kp on upgrading wonders. plan ahead so they don't have tech tree bottlenecks. they need to build properly. this is the requirement to play for free. non-diamond players do not have free will.

elvenar has changed. it is no longer about score progress, it is more fun now. i have never been a rank chaser, same with my fellowships. the game is about the tech tree and i learned that when i learned about dwarves.

DeletedUser627

Nevarth - ??? I responded directly to your statements, no non-sequitors involved. You're the one who just wrote whole paragraphs specifically addressed to me, without responding to anything I said.

DeletedUser1349

Nevarth - ??? I responded directly to your statements, no non-sequitors involved. You're the one who just wrote whole paragraphs specifically addressed to me, without responding to anything I said.
bobbi, pretty sure i responded to all your points. the non-sequitur was to your point in bold = correct but doesn't matter. as i said, the uber diamond munchers have always been with us. inno has slowed the game down for us normal diamond players.

now back to the thread. the OP said that he/she purposely scouted out-of-round to get neighbors. this is wrong strategy, and usually what i have found in my travels with players who claim orcs required at lower tech tree level. they do not scout in rings. you never need to scout wrongly, especially to find neighbors. you need to play the game as designed ~ join a good fellowship.

they also negotiate, not fight. as i have recently discovered, you don't need orcs if you fight. again, they are not playing the game as designed.

i have found this to be issue with lots of non-diamond players. they are fighting the game, not being one with it.

DeletedUser1349

in general, you need a bigger city to negotiate. this is something non-diamond players cannot afford to do. further, i think this is one of the problems negotiators find when they get to orcs. "omg i need high level armories?"

DeletedUser1987

Except, I have a big city. I'm in dwarves. And yet, I need orcs to continue with my negotiating. I'm able to battle through crystal provinces, and some other provinces, with no problem, but I have never been able to battle marble and elixir provinces. I need to negotiate for those. Now I can't.

DeletedUser627

My Dwarven city is the same as Caanna's. And the OP said he was also in Dwarven with nearly 200 provinces, and fights 80% of the time. Nevarth, I can't find any reference to his exploring "out of round". But even if he did, that would have been a benefit to him now, because he'd have Ring 8 or 9 provinces available to him now.

I negotiated all province encounters on my no-pay. A basic steady game - produce, scout, negotiate, build, upgrade - does deliver what Inno initially promised: we could choose to negotiate or fight.

I'm not a great fighter like some, but I'm not exactly bad at it either. :) I've won several Tournaments with manual play. But I couldn't win those hard provinces before I had Golem and Sorc III's. And Orc restrictions hits players who don't yet have those heavy fighters. I might be able to win the small fights in Ring 10 with Level II fighters, but no way could I win the 8 squads to my 5 squads battles. If you can, I'll accord you the respect of a top fighter, and ask that you not expect others to be able to reproduce your wins!

Either way we look at it - Ring 10 is a no-fly zone for negotiating until Orc Age, and for fighting until Sorc III gets unleashed in Fairy.

DeletedUser3839

bobbi, pretty sure i responded to all your points. the non-sequitur was to your point in bold = correct but doesn't matter. as i said, the uber diamond munchers have always been with us. inno has slowed the game down for us normal diamond players.

now back to the thread. the OP said that he/she purposely scouted out-of-round to get neighbors. this is wrong strategy, and usually what i have found in my travels with players who claim orcs required at lower tech tree level. they do not scout in rings. you never need to scout wrongly, especially to find neighbors. you need to play the game as designed ~ join a good fellowship.

they also negotiate, not fight. as i have recently discovered, you don't need orcs if you fight. again, they are not playing the game as designed.

i have found this to be issue with lots of non-diamond players. they are fighting the game, not being one with it.

First, I have scouted in the round. I am at 10-11 all the way. I fight 80% sometimes 90% and have an amazing FS to back me. I went out of round some to get to neighbors. When you have to support 4 fully upgraded armories with troops fully producing in barracks you need hammers and coin. If I didnt go some out of round after the last deletion of players I would have had only 1 functioning neighbor and 9 I could visit. This was at 8 out. I now have over 200 provinces scouted, however I only have 3-4 visiting neighbors and 20 to visit myself. I only negotiate one or two in each province after loosing troops to to heavy of an opponent.

Second, I play the game as designed. Fight or negotiate, have plenty of troops and resources, have an amazingly supportive fellowship, and I still lose out because of the orc requirement. I do trades as intended. I post for my FS, but also neighbors (hey once again...how many neighbors do I get to trade with that are not charged a fee because I cant scout to them??) I help others when they are new. I do buy diamonds occasionally, but not for scouting. It is not feasible to require orcs before you are capable of producing them or trading for them. Period.

I am fine with slow play. I am fine with most glitches and the fact that I logged on one day to find no neighbors or trades. I am not fine with having a requirement in Dwarves that I cannot possibly meet for months. Thats a long time with no expansions except the ones on the tree. No additional culture or residence space, no upgrades due to space requirements, nothing unless I spend money. Like I said before, I have spend diamonds, but only because I wanted to and I enjoyed it. Not because it was a requirement to progress. I was really looking forward to the fun buildings in fairies. Now it looks like I will have to forgo most of those upgrades until I get to orcs. That stinks.

DeletedUser3696

it's all good. the game has changed, we now have tournaments and events! be one with the game and have fun!

thank you inno. this game rocks! much improved. i am a very happy camper! keep up the good work!
Well said and I agree with your insight :)