• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FS or activity, friends, or just convenience?

DeletedUser9131

So, I've had some people message me in game, and I saw a post by simpumba about FS, and I'm curious.

Do you join a FS, because it's convenient for your progress, or for the active members who talk and make chit chat?

Sound weird, but while were at it, how many people talk in your chat, if any during a decent part of the day.

The Unbeliever

I joined a fellowship because it makes progressing in the game so much easier!
- No trader fee to deal with, and always at least a few people having trades up means it takes far less time to get all the goods you need to research/build/cater provinces at something beyond the pace of a 'legless, blind, backwards zombie sloth'.
- (in an active fellowship) Lots of daily help, either with polishing culture buildings to keep your bonuses up to help produce more supplies, builder motivations to make upgrading a bit quicker, and/or a steady flow of coins into your main hall.
- Tournaments for raking in those relics and extra KP's, runeshards, etc... especially on your boosted weeks, having a fellowship that can consistently make the 4th chest is great! Who doesn't want an extra 9! more of their boosted relics?!

On the chat side of things, I think a lot has to do with just how busy people get IRL... Right now coming into the summer time, when people take more vacations, spend more time outside, etc... it seems like there's little in-game chatting going on.
But in the winter, when only insane people like we Canucks dare to brave the howling blizzards & sub polar temps, people seem chattier as they stick indoors where it's warm!;P

Calenmir

Well for me I joined in my first city because the game recommended it- this is the first game I've ever played and I was struggling at first (then joined the forum and got all kinds of tips). For my other cities, I always seemed to be in a 'dead' area, so joining was critical. For me it was needing the NH and good trades. When you are in a dead area the trades are nearly non-existent so joining is really important to progress. In one world, I've changed fellowships twice but landed in a good one now and I'm very happy. Good folks, fair trades, lots of participation. Chat is not a factor for me. In another world, sadly our AM left and put me in charge, that FS is a little lackluster but the trades are good and the members are good to each other - I'm trying to build it up.

It wasn't until after I joined that I really figured out what I needed - good trades, friendly people and I enjoy folks who want to advance but aren't fanatical about rank or fanatical about FS rank. I need to progress my city at my pace not at a pace that is in a race with another FS.

DeletedUser7919

I am currently in an incredible fellowship that snatches up trades immediately, every single member gives daily neighborly help, and the AM keeps a spreadsheet to make sure people are playing consistently. If you don't move up a certain amount in a month's time . . . you're gone. Plus there's a lot of support when you ask questions or need help quickly. The chat is also fun because it lets you get to know the other members and joke around while you wait for your city to be ready to harvest. I actually wish the chat feature had more options and the game itself created a more social environment than just the chat window.

DeletedUser3821

For me, it wasn't a matter of "if" to join, as I saw so many advantages to being in a fellowship. I joined a FS for the convenience, but the camaraderie kept me there. I'm pretty much housebound and don't get a chance to socialize often, so having fellows to chat with here has helped.
Now that I'm the AM of our "new" FS, I can see where it's a mixture of both convenience and camaraderie. Chat isn't for everyone, so some will seek a FS that's more restrained while others look for the chat to feel connection with other people. I think 1/3 of my FS chat and a few chime in occasionally. Then there's the convenience of the chat box. Your trades are picked up faster if you are able to let your FS know they're available. Another thing I like about being in a FS is meeting people from different places. It gives me a chance to broaden my mental horizons.