• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gain Spell Fragments

Debno

The Dawn of the Phoenix bonus on the left side of my screen asks me to Gain 600 Spell Fragments. How do I gain Spell Fragments?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
On the bottom shelf, click “Spells” to pull up your inventory. Then there is a “Disenchant” button. In any of the tabs, you can shred your inventory into spell frags. First to frag are the junk you don’t want anymore, like buildings several chapters old. Don’t frag pet food if you can help it! Also, the Moonstone library gives spell frags passively.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It depends on what chapter you are in. If you are in at least chapter 3, you can win fragments from the weekly Spire, which opens again tomorrow morning. If you are only in chapter 2, you can do what crackie said and disenchant stuff in your inventory because this is a function of the Magic Academy. If you are still in chapter 1 and have not researched/ built the Magic Academy yet, I don't think you can disenchant anything and have to wait until you complete that.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Things that are particularly good to disenchant are Inspiring Meditations (the things that give you extra slots on your kp bar, so you don't lose them if you come in late. If you're like me, you've never gone a 10 hour stretch without logging in, lol, so they're pretty useless.) Other things to disenchant are as crackie said, buildings from more than 3 chapters earlier (except if they are buildings that are not chapter dependent, such as 5 day military buildings or trading stations or valuable ones like genies.). Don't disenchant portal profits or time instants.

Although artifacts do give tons of spell frags, I would discourage you from disenchanting those. If you know for a fact you are never going to want the building attached to it, then you can disenchant those and I have. But if there's any chance you might want it in the future, don't do it. And whatever you do, never disenchant a phoenix or bear artifact.

If you have a lot of teleport spells, you can teleport a building that you don't want and then disenchant it for spell frags. That's an alternative to selling it.

Amalara

This is a very old post so maybe things have changed. I do not seem to have a disenchant button? Is there a new way to get spell fragments?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is a very old post so maybe things have changed. I do not seem to have a disenchant button? Is there a new way to get spell fragments?

If you have not built your Magic Academy yet, and also researched Crafting, then you cannot disenchant yet. The only other easy source is to win fragments in the Spire, if you are far enough in the game to have access to it.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Up above, I said do not spend your free diamonds.... chapter 3 after you unlock crafting would be(imo) a good time to break that rule and spend 250 of your free diamonds to upgrade the Magic Academy. As @Maeryn , pointed out you will get quests that pay spell fragments(frags) once you unlock crafting, you will also be able to turn stuff into spell fragments but you get a better rate and you can craft enchantments faster if you upgrade your magic academy with diamonds

Amalara

Okay this is probably obvious and I am silly for asking but.....How do you know what chapter you are on?

Sprite1313

Okay this is probably obvious and I am silly for asking but.....How do you know what chapter you are on?
When you open your research tab, you will see the whole tech tree. The appearance is a little different between mobile and browser, but the chapters are set out in little icons. The chapter is labeled in the upper left corner.
6C4601DB-D4A7-4133-8D4A-F48C70DBB3B4.jpeg

That shows chapter 2. You can see the chapter icons above the chapter label. Roman numerals for 1-5, guest race icons for six and beyond.

Exnor

Ok, so I know about disenchantment and Spire (which actually gives you a percentage chance of winning Spell Fragments at each encounter) to get Spell Fragments, but what about buildings. Right now, I could only get 1 Moonstone Library which produces Spell Fragments. Are there any other buildings (summoned or not, but not premium) that give you Spell Fragments?

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
There was the Mama Juul's evolving building that gave a 10% chance of winning 750 fragments daily.

As far as I know that has been the only non premium building offering spell fragments other than the Moonstone

Exnor

Ok, so I know about disenchantment and Spire (which actually gives you a percentage chance of winning Spell Fragments at each encounter) to get Spell Fragments, but what about buildings. Right now, I could only get 1 Moonstone Library which produces Spell Fragments. Are there any other buildings (summoned or not, but not premium) that give you Spell Fragments?
Just found out on another post that Juls Kitchen, lvl 8 and above, gives you a 10% chance of getting SF.

Someone else also said that you could teleport your Moonstone library, disenchant it for SF, then get it back at your current lvl in the MA. I am not sure I am willing to chance that until it can be confirmed by a number of people that have done it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Just found out on another post that Juls Kitchen, lvl 8 and above, gives you a 10% chance of getting SF.

Someone else also said that you could teleport your Moonstone library, disenchant it for SF, then get it back at your current lvl in the MA. I am not sure I am willing to chance that until it can be confirmed by a number of people that have done it.
I think the main moonstone lib is worth throwing Royal Restorations at. It's a high population and culture building, on top of T2 and CC.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
This does work but it can take months to show back up also it will cost you way more fragments to craft than it pays out to disenchant.

You can build any building in your build menu, teleport it into inventory and disenchant for spell fragments. However the Teleport spell will disenchant for 300 spell fragments so the building you teleport has to be bigger than 10 squares or it is not worth teleporting to disenchant.
Elvenar_2023-09-08-17-05-59.jpg

This image shows a Woodelves Habitat(chapter9 culture building) that is 7x4(28 squares). I used a teleport spell(worth 300 spell fragments) to put it in inventory.

It also shows a few manufactories that can be fragged, but those cost goods to upgrade so are really not worth teleporting for fragments, imo.

Edit to add: buildings from the build menu provide 30 fragments per square when teleported and disenchanted if you have a fully upgraded Magic Academy.

Last edited:

Lady Dastardly

Anecdotal: I have a friend who fragged hers because it was so far behind. It took 4 months to show back up and when it did she had to frag a ton of stuff to afford to rebuild it. She said she deeply regretted the choice.