• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

game play erratic

BadWon

For the past week, the game keeps freezing up. example: click on a unit to pick up and the game pauses. This happens in the city, on the map in tourney and spire.
I have never had tech issues with this game. Anyone else having issues?
Please do not insult me by telling me to "clean my cookies". I have it set to do so each time I log out.

Zoof

Switching browsers sometimes helps. I've had a problem somewhat similar to yours about a year ago when I was (and still am) using Firefox for my daily driver. The problems just cropped up out of nowhere, so I downloaded and installed Chrome just for Elvenar and I've had few, if any problems since. It could be that having a separate browser for the game, regardless of what it is, might have been the actual solution, but I'll never know and I don't have the energy to actually test that.

If you're very sure it's not an internet problem*, then perhaps the newest updates pushed the resources required just past what your computer can provide. If that's the case, I suggest going through and killing unnecessary processes, including things that are overcommitting your RAM**. Then uninstalling programs you're not using or are "potentially unwanted programs". Or if you have viruses or viruses masquerading as antiviruses (e.g. McAfee). Disabling some startup programs might alleviate the load on your system.

Going even further out, the more obvious things like reinstalling your OS or buying a new PC are things that could be on the table if you're willing to spend a rather large amount of time and effort for this game. You might not. I certainly won't. I'd rather buy a cheap cellphone and play the game on that if it comes down to it.

---

* e.g. you've made threatening noises towards your router. Made sure nobody else is sucking up the bandwidth. Made sure that nobody's degrading your WiFi, if you're connecting to your home network that way. Verified that your experience on the forums is buttery-smooth to rule out server connection issues since the forums run on the same network as the game servers.

** If you're running Windows 10, using the Task Manager can help there. You'd be surprised to see what pops up when you right-click the column headers, select "Select Columns" then enable "Commit size", then sort by that. I have to periodically kill MoUsoCoreWorker.exe.

Last edited: