• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting to the Top of Spire

Zoof

Can I reach the top of the spire without being part of a fellowship?
Are you even able to enter the Spire without being in a fellowship? If you can, there isn't anything noted in the Elvenar Wiki (Spire of Eternity) that would prohibit such a thing. You simply have to go higher and higher, which means you have to get real good at fighting and/or do diplomacy on your way up.

Fighting your way up can be difficult, but is quite rewarding. There's an entire sub-forum dedicated to helping improve your fighting game. Better results in fighting is possible (but takes a lot of practice) if you use the PC/Browser version of Elvenar (rather than the mobile app), which allows you to manually fight each encounter, and run away if you discover that your army is taking too many losses before you actually lose.

Diplomacy is based on a genre of code-breaking games, the most popular of which being Mastermind. Such games are well-studied, which means that there are strategies available to you which can improve your odds over (semi-)random picking and choosing. There's even a browser-based tool called The Spire Wizard which helps you out with said strategies, and is one that I personally use to reach the top.

---

But back to the original topic, if you aren't even able to enter the Spire without a fellowship, the simplest workaround is to create your own "fellowship" and never invite anyone else in. This, however, is a poor way to play (if you're interested in rewards) since you'll lose access to some of the better rewards which can only be obtained when playing with an active and effective group of like-minded players. These rewards include all the fellowship-only rewards from Spire, and the higher rewards from Tournament, which includes the always-sought-after Blueprints.

If you value your solitude more than you do the potential rewards, that's one way to go about it. You can even set up your fellowship of one to disallow any form of applications to your fellowship, so you'll never really need to be bothered with that. You still might get mail from recruiters, though. There's not a whole lot to be done about that aside from setting your fellowship's description to state clearly that you're alone and want to stay that way and please do not disturb.

Amapola Querida

I made it to the top and there's nothing there. I thought there was supposed to be a big prize...like the library. Have I missed something? I won 150 diamonds, but that hardly seems worth it. I had to spend over 500 just to get to the top. Also the more I play the more discounts on diamonds I receive so 150 diamonds is not worth all the loss of goods and diamonds. I love this game but the spire doesn't seem worth it. :(

Last edited:

iamthouth

Tetris Master
The spire is worth it if you are in a fellowship that reaches gold status, and therefore gain the 275 diamonds at the end of each week.
If playing alone and trying to accumulate diamonds you need to replay more rounds, rather than buy more rounds at 25 diamonds a pop. If you used over 500 diamonds to get to the top you have bought too many extra rounds (4, or 5 guesses) I think.

Amapola Querida

The spire is worth it if you are in a fellowship that reaches gold status, and therefore gain the 275 diamonds at the end of each week.
If playing alone and trying to accumulate diamonds you need to replay more rounds, rather than buy more rounds at 25 diamonds a pop. If you used over 500 diamonds to get to the top you have bought too many extra rounds (4, or 5 guesses) I think.
I know it was a crazy thing to do lol. I have just been reading and seeing so much about the spire I just wanted to see what it was all about. Now I know. I guess the rewards are in fellowships.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I know it was a crazy thing to do lol. I have just been reading and seeing so much about the spire I just wanted to see what it was all about. Now I know. I guess the rewards are in fellowships.
Yes. The purple bar in Spire is moving due to what/how much every fs member is doing in the Spire. If that people bar does not go past certain points you won't get any of those fs Spire rewards. Also, continue trying each week, but I recommend only doing as much as you can with spending less diamonds each week on it. I spend some each week on it but def not 500 and always only use diamonds I win from Spire if I need to use them in Spire and come out in the positive. Try doing it mostly with fighting and with catering as far as you can and save your diamonds for the more challenging ones or expensive ones towards the top area. After practicing each week you will eventually be able to reach the top without having to spend that many diamonds at all. I had to practice every week for several months before my city was big/strong enough to finally teach the top. I would just go as far as I could each week then stop where I had to until I got to that point. After my first 2 weeks or so if making it to the top it got so much easier and now I can do it every week. You will get there don't worry! And hunt down a gold spire fs. :)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Thank you. I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about lol
Those of us that farm diamonds from Spire don’t spend 500 diamonds on the Spire, but are also likely in a Gold FS to squeeze out 275 diamond each week. If I cater, I would only spend diamonds in the Lab and only on the end bosses. So at most, that would only be 100 diamonds for 4 gate bosses. It’s unlikely I need to use diamonds on each gate boss so it is usually less than that. But I just fight it now so it’s pure profit on diamonds.

Also not talked about with Spire as much is the oodles of time instants you can get. To me, they are like a poor man’s diamonds. You can use time instants on almost anything (except seeds T-T). If you cater, time instants + factories = more goods. If you fight, time instant + military buildings = free troops. You can timer through updates and scouting. Most places take diamonds, but they also take time instants. I burn through a lot when feeding my Brown Bear, crafting MA, speed through event quests, and FAs.

I just started a new city 2 weeks ago and the early game coin crunch is horrible. Climbed 2 Spired and don’t care about coins and supplies anymore. Won a bunch of supply windfalls and coin rains. It’s now a piece of cake and I don’t have to babysit that city as much anymore doing boring things like brewing.

Yogi Dave

Since it hasn't been mentioned, to get the top reward takes 1330 points. A single person only contributes 63 getting to the top of the spire. Then they are done. That is why it requires an FS. The minimum number of players in an FS to get the top spire reward is 22 people, 21 at the top and 1 passing 6 spirits. Also, even if in an FS reaching the top reward, only those people at the top get it. You only get the FS rewards for the ones you have reached or passed.